[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #511 of 1,922
I have both, and both of em are different sound signatures, the fiio has a more premium feel into it, whenever I can sit down and enjoy it, I just go with it, the dm7 I use it more for going out. Sound wise, the fh7 has a wider soundstage, details are way more present but not in a sibilant way (and nor does the dm7) the sub bass and bass are massive and really precise, they rumble when it’s needed, beryllium it’s an amazing material. Mide are balanced and pretty clean, the treble is quite weird to define, airiness is there but it isn’t annoying
The dm7 bass is accurate but lacks the definition and texture from the fh7, soundstage and 3D imaging aren’t as developed as the fh7 but that gives the user a more intimate experience, miss are forward and detailed with a touch of a drop getting into the highs territory, I’m coming from using the dm6 and can tell it’s a serious step forward from em, still the fh7 is a way more serious iem

Thanks a lot, you're awesome!

Last question (I promise), how is sound isolation between the two? I have a Shure se425, and it's very useful when I'm commuting or working in cafes. I wonder if fh7 would provide me a bit of that (I know shure isolation is top notch) with a way better sound quality, or if in that aspect the DM7 would be a better way to go.

Also, comfort wise, which of the two is better?

And just to see if I understood, related to different sound signatures, the DM7 is more intimate and mid forward, and the fh7 is more balanced?

Thanks for sharing your impressions, I appreciate :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #512 of 1,922
Hi, I have been eagerly awaiting the FH7 since it was announced on the 15th of March but the word bright keeps coming up with the FH7. My taste leans toward darker iems as I listen to a lot of live worship songs. Could anyone point me in the direction of an iem with the level of sub bass I’m convinced the FH7 has but doesn’t sound so bright. I’m looking at sony ex1000 but the fit is giving me concerns. Thanks.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #513 of 1,922
Hi, I have been eagerly awaiting the FH7 since it was announced on the 15th of March but the word bright keeps coming up with the FH7. My taste leans toward darker iems as I listen to a lot of live worship songs. Could anyone point me in the direction of an iem with the level of sub bass I’m convinced the FH7 has but doesn’t sound so bright. I’m looking at sony ex1000 but the fit is giving me concerns. Thanks.

FH7 aren’t really bright if you put on the bass filter and the vocals tips.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #514 of 1,922
FH7 aren’t really bright if you put on the bass filter and the vocals tips.

I agree. I originally thought they were very bright even with bass tips and bass filter but as it turns out it was only because I had a bad seal. Once I found the correct seal I was forced to use the treble filter as the bass filter was too dark. I honestly believe these sound amazing but they are quite picky when it comes to seal. I haven’t had a tough time with seal on the FH5 or most other IEMs ( I own about 8 different pairs) and have only had this issue on Sennheizer IE80s.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #515 of 1,922
I agree. I originally thought they were very bright even with bass tips and bass filter but as it turns out it was only because I had a bad seal. Once I found the correct seal I was forced to use the treble filter as the bass filter was too dark. I honestly believe these sound amazing but they are quite picky when it comes to seal. I haven’t had a tough time with seal on the FH5 or most other IEMs ( I own about 8 different pairs) and have only had this issue on Sennheizer IE80s.

Ya, if you want really bright, but on the treble filter and JVC Spiral Dot.

Really full and open sound but nauseating.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #516 of 1,922
Oddly enough the FH7 sounds pretty good out of the iPhone X lightning dongle. I tried my XDP300R and N5ii and maybe slight improvements (not as much as when I use my other IEMs). Perhaps someone with more and higher-end DAPs can comment.

Listening to the “The Force” by Laura Sullivan with the stock foam tips and it’s pretty nice.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #518 of 1,922
Thanks a lot, you're awesome!

Last question (I promise), how is sound isolation between the two? I have a Shure se425, and it's very useful when I'm commuting or working in cafes. I wonder if fh7 would provide me a bit of that (I know shure isolation is top notch) with a way better sound quality, or if in that aspect the DM7 would be a better way to go.

Also, comfort wise, which of the two is better?

And just to see if I understood, related to different sound signatures, the DM7 is more intimate and mid forward, and the fh7 is more balanced?

Thanks for sharing your impressions, I appreciate :)

Yes, mids are way more forward in the dm7, but they feel really organic, fit and comfort... man coming from the dm6 anything is comfortable, the fh7 though it’s the most comfortable iem I’ve ever tested/ have, I’m looking forward for the rai pentas and then we’ll have something to talk about, the dm7 are comfortable, the nozzle is quite ample and nice, though the fh7 form aids a lot in the comfort, Ill take a picture when I’ll be home Tuesday (right now on vacation)

I had last weekend the dm7 in another trip I did, paired it with spiral fits (m) first gen, sound was detailed and balanced, right now I brought the fh7 with the spiral fits and the cp145, I’m trying to get the spirals to work, with the bass filters it becomes ample, but can’t feel the excitement as with the cp145, spiral dots ++ are coming this week, we’ll see hw that works out

Isolation wise, the dm7 is a bit better, but that’s because the body is a bit wider, though I have no problems with the fh7

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #520 of 1,922
Tip and filter rolled and here are my favourite combos:

- stock balanced tips + reference filter (surprisingly) -> most balanced sound
- JVC Spiral Dots + treble filter -> best imaging and detail, really spacious and coherent, however, slightly fatiguing

Other ones weren’t really worth mentioning. Tried the Spinfits, stock foam and vocal tips. Foams + reference filter were alright, good isolation, may switch to for commuting. I did take the vocal tips and used to on my MDR7550 for good results. I have some Symbios and FA tips which I might try later.

Bass filters were just too dark and took out too much of the details. My preference is towards neutral-bright (diffuse field) so it’s not surprising.

EDIT: Symbio W Madarines tips (peeled) are excellent as well.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #523 of 1,922
Hey everyone! Any comparison between the Fiio FH7 and the BGVP DM7? Choosing which of the two to buy is driving me crazy! heheheh

I got the DM6, and the FH7 beat it.
Tip and filter rolled and here are my favourite combos:

- stock balanced tips + reference filter (surprisingly) -> most balanced sound
- JVC Spiral Dots + treble filter -> best imaging and detail, really spacious and coherent, however, slightly fatiguing

Other ones weren’t really worth mentioning. Tried the Spinfits, stock foam and vocal tips. Foams + reference filter were alright, good isolation, may switch to for commuting. I did take the vocal tips and used to on my MDR7550 for good results. I have some Symbios and FA tips which I might try later.

Bass filters were just too dark and took out too much of the details. My preference is towards neutral-bright (diffuse field) so it’s not surprising.

EDIT: Symbio W Madarines tips (peeled) are excellent as well.

Stock balanced tips with reference filters all the way for me. I am clearly not a proper head-fier....

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #525 of 1,922
No it just means that that combination works best for your ears. No such thing as a proper head-fier.

It's true, everyone has a different perception of sound and also preferences for sound signatures.

I'm heading to a local store soon to test out the M11 and also the FiiO silver cable. Let's see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back