[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jul 19, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #769 of 1,922
I am potentially interested in getting FH7 and M11 together. Using Tidal HIFI and sometimes AirPlay from iOS devices.

My concerns are why there are no video reviews with both these items being used together?

Also on this thread people post issues with sibilance which i am hyper sensitive to.
By using the non base options there might be less sibilance but then base is not sufficient?

It’s a really good combination, almost made for each other, especially if you get the balanced silver cable. Very detailed, resolving and imaging improves.

Luis

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #770 of 1,922
It’s a really good combination, almost made for each other, especially if you get the balanced silver cable. Very detailed, resolving and imaging improves.

Luis

@Soundizer agreed here. There's a little more hiss than I'd like between tracks, but that's due to the FH7 being more sensitive. Listened to a wide mix of music with my DX3 Pro and Senn HD6xx and then the M11 and FH7, and I preferred the latter across ALL genres.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #771 of 1,922
FH7 leake sound !? I have the FA7 and that set have no leak sound .

The FA7 being all BA with no port isolates better than the FH7.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #772 of 1,922
I had a listen to the FH7 and I found them to be good except on the Red Hot Chili Peppers Under the Bridge, at around the 1:26 mark the bass seems to bleed into the vocals. Anyone else notice this? I’ve been reading reviews of the FH7 and the phonograph net review did mention this mid-bass bleed.

For those who have the FH7, I’d like to hear your opinion on this particular issue.

There is no bass bleed. Bass on the FH7 extends well, but does not have enough volume (relative to the rest of the spectrum) to excessively mask the mid-range. Thats why some people describe it as "bright" compared to the FH5 or FA7.

Jul 20, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #774 of 1,922
There is no bass bleed. Bass on the FH7 extends well, but does not have enough volume (relative to the rest of the spectrum) to excessively mask the mid-range. Thats why some people describe it as "bright" compared to the FH5 or FA7.
How’s that FH7 write-up coming along? I just got mine and even though it’s only been 24 hours, I finally “get it” (what all the fuss is about). My review will follow (probably before yours ha ha!), but first an IMR R1 Zenith review I’m working on...

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #775 of 1,922
someone who has the beyer Xelento and can compare against the fiio fh7?

The Xelento wow'd me when I first tried them. After a while, though, I grew disenchanted with their "commercial" tuning. I personally found the mid bass a bit too much and the highs didn't extend far enough. I returned them, thinking they would not get any head time when compared with the big 3 in my rotation : FH7, CA Andromeda, Shure SE846.

Short answer, I prefer FH7 to Xelento. Others may disagree.

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #776 of 1,922
Loving these IEM's. Large Spinfits and bass filter are my preferred combination - heaven.

Any tips as to how to remove the earpieces? Eventually got one off today but took me about an hour and left my thumbs pretty raw and sore. And that was following the instructions plus using rubber gloves to try and get extra grip. Shouldn't be that difficult surely?

Have a 3.5mm silver cable on the way too altho slightly concerned by the video reviewer earlier in this thread suggesting that it makes the sound with the FH11's brighter. Anyone else found this? €100 a lot to fork out only to find the sound is too bright and the stock cable better.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #777 of 1,922
Loving these IEM's. Large Spinfits and bass filter are my preferred combination - heaven.

Any tips as to how to remove the earpieces? Eventually got one off today but took me about an hour and left my thumbs pretty raw and sore. And that was following the instructions plus using rubber gloves to try and get extra grip. Shouldn't be that difficult surely?

Have a 3.5mm silver cable on the way too altho slightly concerned by the video reviewer earlier in this thread suggesting that it makes the sound with the FH11's brighter. Anyone else found this? €100 a lot to fork out only to find the sound is too bright and the stock cable better.

Pure silver cables generally increase treble extension and presence, decrease bass (but increases clarity) and bumps up the vocals and soundstage a tad.

Pure copper usually increases the smoothness and makes it more warm + more bass.

SPC is in between. I generally find pure copper the best with pure BA setups and pure silver the best with dynamic drivers. SPC works ok across the board.

*runs before the cables debate/deniers arrive

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #779 of 1,922
I personally find the FH7 dissapointing. It' seems although Fiio placed a large Dynamic Driver in the FH7, they spent most of their time focusing on the treble tuning of these IEM's, and even saying that they are still to bright with the bass filters to me. And of course the low end is dissapointing. Bass and sub-bass are to far back in the mix and lacking in my opinion. It takes the fun out of listening to music with the FH7.

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #780 of 1,922
I can see why you may think that but I’d hardly call my FH7 bass-lite...(*looks @ my ER4SR & Orion’s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back