FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #61 of 2,258
What I do like so far about the FH5... the aluminium alloy shells look and feel great. A smooth, refined finish and a welcome change from the acrylic material I'm used to seeing in customs or "custom universals". Fit is also superb. As for sound... that will come later.

IMG_20180625_220614.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180625_220614.jpg
    IMG_20180625_220614.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #62 of 2,258
What I do like so far about the FH5... the aluminium alloy shells look and feel great. A smooth, refined finish and a welcome change from the acrylic material I'm used to seeing in customs or "custom universals". Fit is also superb. As for sound... that will come later.

Nooooooooooooo, don't tease us like that.

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #63 of 2,258

Please, give us a comparative VS the F9 or F9 pro (if you have/had one)

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #64 of 2,258
I found some prototype impressions:
https://accessibleaudio.co/2018/04/14/canjam-socal-2018-report-impressions/
FiiO FH5 prototype

• Hybrid 1dd 3ba
  • Incredibly coherent
  • Gentle bass and overall smooth and non aggressive sound
  • Pretty smooth and laid back and good for long listening sessions.
  • Slight roll off in highs for extra smoothness
  • Good amount of detail retrieval in lows and mids
  • 200USD – I’m confident this is going to be a huge hit when it comes out.
  • Rather large form factor; won’t fit everyone.

Sounds like a more budget-priced Oriolus MKii... and the Oriolus is one of my all time favourites.

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #65 of 2,258
Counting Down: 3 Days Left until FiiO FH5 Launch

Knowles Balanced Armature +10mm Polymer Nanocomposite Dynamic Driver

The #FiiOFH5 employs a hybrid driver design that combines the best of balanced armature and dynamic drivers for an absolutely addicting sound.

Low frequencies are deftly handled by a 10mm polymer nanocomposite dynamic driver, providing bass extension and quality beyond what you think is normally possible. Mid frequencies are produced by the Knowles ED30262 balanced armature driver, while high and ultra-high frequencies are created by the Knowles 31082 (greatly improved over the 30017) – specifically tuned to squeeze every last bit of performance from them.

These four drivers per ear combine to provide thunderous lows, lush vocals, and sweet highs for a sound that you won’t forget anytime soon.

超跑式声学底盘结构-3EN.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 26, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #69 of 2,258
Not sure it will sound like the Oriolus mk2.
This sounds like a V shaped with some steep low and high emphasis. Different emphasis on mids peak and the fiio seem to emphasize more on lower treble based on graph.

Slight tangent: Oriolus will release a 200$ iem this year. You also have the Forsteni that's actually out.

Should be interesting this year with iems at this price level.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #70 of 2,258
Not sure it will sound like the Oriolus mk2.
This sounds like a V shaped with some steep low and high emphasis. Different emphasis on mids peak and the fiio seem to emphasize more on lower treble based on graph.

Slight tangent: Oriolus will release a 200$ iem this year. You also have the Forsteni that's actually out.

Should be interesting this year with iems at this price level.
Nice, I didn't know that. Gonna be a damn good year.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #72 of 2,258
Jun 26, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #73 of 2,258
I'm liking what I'm hearing so far - I just hope the fit works for me since they do seem rather specifically shaped and the initial prototype impressions note their size as well.

As for sound, however, things are looking pretty good. I wonder what they meant by 'gentle bass' though.

It's also worth pointing out that the FH5 was one of that person's favorites from the show:

Conclusion
Overall, I was very impressed by most of the things I tried. The average level of quality in audio companies is getting higher and higher, competition is stiffer than ever- and this is all great news for consumers and audiophiles such as myself. We’re in a time when we can get high quality audio products for prices more affordable than ever, and for the folks who want the best of the best there are high end, pricier options for those who are willing to shell out that amount of money as well.

My top picks from CanJam SoCal 2018 are the following:

°°°

FiiO FH5 – Really impressed by the sound from this nice hybrid. So smooth and well resolved, and most importantly, very affordable.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #74 of 2,258
I'm liking what I'm hearing so far - I just hope the fit works for me since they do seem rather specifically shaped and the initial prototype impressions note their size as well.

As for sound, however, things are looking pretty good. I wonder what they meant by 'gentle bass' though.

It's also worth pointing out that the FH5 was one of that person's favorites from the show:
Bro, you didn't get the New Primacy anymore?

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #75 of 2,258
Bro, you didn't get the New Primacy anymore?

They're currently lost in the post, then I saw these were announced. If these end up being better for me (which it's quite possible they will be), I'll be refusing the New Primacys for these.

Definitely doesn't hurt that FiiO seems to have more of a presence here and a quicker support structure either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back