FiiO Earbuds Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #31 of 289
FiiO really made some beautiful Buds with these ones. People who haven’t used buds for 20 years may actually return to earbuds. These are the first earbuds Ive seen mentioned on other forums.

I measured the buds after about a week of frequent use. The foam compressing definitely changes the sound. After a week or so, the bass will be deep! It’s powerful from the start, and only improves from there.

Just give these about a week. For best results, use frequently.

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #32 of 289
they arrived and i am listening to them for the first 15 minutes with balanced tips now. first impression is, that i hope, that the bass will calm down a bit and treble wonkiness will flaten out within the first hours. i am not a believer im burn in, but i often felt that dynamic drivers somewhat settle or break in within the first 1-3 hours of playing. perhaps even that might be brain burn in as well. we will see, how it will turn out, once i do the direct comparison.

edit one hour later: still on the same tips. listening to cinematic orchestra, the crimson wing and, wow, could be, we have something special in these little buds. definitely need to spent more time with them for now.
I think you'll only have two choices... Like or... Like. Joking aside, these buds are tuned for the masses, most people with normal hearing will like them. There are fine folks here on head-fi that are very specific (and more atuned) about what sound signature excites them and the FF3 shines for them as well. Synergy with warm and neutral sources is outstanding and these buds play well with many different genres of music too. Yes, I like them!

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #34 of 289
today i continued listening, after i adjusted my brain with my oppos for 2 hours.

someone mentioned to try the monk tips, as the foam is much thinner, than what fiio gives with the ff3. this guy is genius!

i am glad, that i had one pair of these monk foams left from ages ago, so i put them on, expecting nothing special. man was i wrong! this is it! these foams match perfectly and i hope to find a store in europe, where i can get some spares.

mids come out much better, while the treble is controlled enough to enjoy. bass is still a bit bloated, but blends much better into the scene. soundstage gains in highth.

all compared to the reference tips. i also tried the crisp ones for a while, but unfortunately with the wrong music, treble can hit some spikes, that feel too sharp to me without any foamcover.

yes, sure they are tuned with the consumser in mind. but i have to praise, that they are the first buds i came across, that actually sound like a good iem in the sub 100 eur range. they are a safe bet, if you like your u shaped tuning, with thounderous sub bass.
with the monk tips it is a very versatile bud, with lots of fun and a soundstage, that puts some over ears to shame. the em5 in comparison by far has the better resoultion and more extended highs. the bass is better controlled in the em5, but nowhere near as impressive as the bass on the ff3. the em5 has a one noted fart, as it trys to compensate the missing subbass by a bloated, yet controlled midbass. imaging is much more precise and forward projection of the em5 is unrivaled. with the ff3 you are sitting in between the musicans, with the em5, they are mostly in front of you. i prefer a greater distance to the musicans, but i guess i am in the minority.
still have to do the promised comparison to the em3, but i will need a few days more.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #36 of 289
1661710520470.png

My take on the FF3. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-ff3-buds.26016/

Aug 30, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #37 of 289
Just finishing up a review of the FiiO FF3 myself and was taking some images, so thought I would share one already.

FF3.JPG

I have to say, I have been really impressed by the FF3. I don't have a huge selection of earbuds, but these wowed me from the start with a super enjoyable tuning and excellent technical performance. They easily outperformed the Astrotec Lyra Collection, which have been my daily earbuds for the past four years and were three times the price of the FF3.

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #40 of 289
Hi all! Today I've received my FF3 silver. They looks amazing, and I'm very surprised about how they sound! I'm sure after some burn in they will sound even better.

My doubt is about the foam tips. I can't recognize the difference between the bass and balanced ones. They seem to sound very similar to me, and also they are visually the same, so I have to be very careful to avoid to mix them.

Does someone have some suggestions about? At least how to recognize them at first look.

Thank you

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #41 of 289
Hi all! Today I've received my FF3 silver. They looks amazing, and I'm very surprised about how they sound! I'm sure after some burn in they will sound even better.

My doubt is about the foam tips. I can't recognize the difference between the bass and balanced ones. They seem to sound very similar to me, and also they are visually the same, so I have to be very careful to avoid to mix them.

Does someone have some suggestions about? At least how to recognize them at first look.

Thank you
Dear friend,

The thicker one is the bass sponge covers.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #42 of 289
Dear friend,

The thicker one is the bass sponge covers.

Best regards
Thank you! 2nd day and I'm falling in love with them. Since I have some canal ear issues, I was using only headphones because IEMs bothered me. These FF3 seem to be the solution!

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #43 of 289
Hi folks, I finally completed Fiio FF3 review. You can it on head-fi or my blog (in the signature)

FF3-summary.jpg

In the head-fi journey, you sometimes come across a piece of gear that shakes your dogma. Fiio FF3 shows me that it is possible to get excellent sound with a large soundstage and impactful and textured bass without spending a fortune on TOTL IEMs.

Would flat-head earbuds replace IEMs for me? No, because flat-head is ultimately an illogical form factor, being portable gear but does not have the necessary fit and isolation for mobile uses. However, FF3 and other earbuds are my preferred options when I don't need isolation. Due to the outstanding sound quality and price/performance ratio, Fiio FF3 receives the first-ever IEGems seal-of-approval and recommendation without reservation from this reviewer.

Very good job, @FiiO. You should be proud of these FF3. I'm looking forward for the FF5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back