FiiO E9 Review
Nov 7, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #1,067 of 1,324
@blackmoly, that is just awesome. I hope Feiao is still browsing this epic thread from time-to-time - I still consider the E9 to be the best thing Fiio has done, purely in terms of bang-for-buck, and I think you have just moved the goalposts. Well done.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #1,068 of 1,324
I Agree I just wish the Fiio E9 was in a bigger and easier to open case And not use Torx Screws. Even tho I figure out a way to change my headphone out op-amps in my Fiio E9. Just wish they made a new Rev of the Fiio E9, bigger case for more room and more spacing between op-amp sockets for odd sizes dual to single op-amp adapters without the hassle of the current case.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #1,070 of 1,324
Currently trying out the Fiio E7/E9 combo with my new Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm phones.  While I don't know if I can say the amp is the optimal choice for driving these phones (I don't have access to any other amps to try), I can say it is sufficient to drive them.  These phones sound niiiiiiiiiiice....
dt880smile.png

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #1,071 of 1,324
I have decided to get my feet wet with the Fiio 9 head amp. I tried to hook the Fiio 9 via the mini USB port input to my Sony laptop full size USB port but my laptop does not recognize the USB device. My question is 1. what the provided USB is for? 2. If  I use the Y RCA cables then the El-Cheapo DAC of the lap top( from the laptop headphone out) will do the D & A conversion. so what the use for the better DAC of the Fii 9 ?

Please help.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #1,072 of 1,324

Quote:
I have decided to get my feet wet with the Fiio 9 head amp. I tried to hook the Fiio 9 via the mini USB port input to my Sony laptop full size USB port but my laptop does not recognize the USB device. My question is 1. what the provided USB is for? 2. If  I use the Y RCA cables then the El-Cheapo DAC of the lap top( from the laptop headphone out) will do the D & A conversion. so what the use for the better DAC of the Fii 9 ?

Please help.

The E9 has no built-in DAC.  It has a dock for the E7 DAC.  The USB is passed through to the E7.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #1,075 of 1,324
Nov 11, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #1,076 of 1,324
Damn after seeing that for $28 and not having any way to buy it, as I don't have a credit card or bank account or anything, I drove to Meijer at 4 am, bought a $25 Visa gift card, put $5 in change in the Coinstar machine for an Amazon voucher and hurried back to order one before they were gone! Quite the intense night, now I just hope that the orders go through. It has to be an error right? But the weird thing is that practically all of the big sellers are selling it for that price.

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #1,077 of 1,324
It could definitely be an error, because a lot of the seller pricing is just determined algorithmically based on the other seller prices, you know? So if one seller accidentally prices it at $28, the other sellers may have rules in effect to price theirs the same.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #1,080 of 1,324
I just ordered one too. I hope the price isnt a mistake. I'll still get yelled at by the wife, but for that price, you cant beat this amp. Its worth the heat : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back