FiiO E9 Review
Nov 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #271 of 1,324

Quote:
 Well there's your "experience". I don't comment on things I know nothing about; but I have heard these opinions before. Also, considering the HD650 is only 300 ohms and the E9 can already make 600 ohm headphones excruciatingly loud at 50% volume, the math added up. Sure, I don't have hands-on experience with this exact combo; but I've done my homework and wouldn't make any such claims if I wasn't certain.

Thats exactly my point, you are talking about headphones you have not heard with your E9.  He's looking for an honest, and credible answer, why say for certain it can deliver what he wants if you haven't heard them?

In any event Jack chimed in his opinion so the poster can take that into consideration.  I'm still torn on ordering the E7/9 combo, sounds like a solid unit and the price is very appealing.  Looking forward to more reviews, or comparisons.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #272 of 1,324
The fact of the matter is there isn't a headphone the E9 can't handle. Jack's not the only opinion I've heard and I would think Jame's photo with the HD650 should be enough of an indication.

There are far more power hungry cans than Sennheisers, and the E9 can handle them all. I am offering reassurance to those worried about their headphones not being able to be driven by the E9. My statements come from credible sources and users and do not offer advice without having evidence to back it up.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #273 of 1,324
just to add to the power discussion, the E9 powers my SA5000's with ease. ive read tons of threads of how picky the sa5ks are with amps, but the E9 powers them to unimaginable volume without distortion while keeping their incredible detail. this thing is completely legit.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #274 of 1,324
Riku, Spoolin --- Seems like you miss each other here a little:
@Riku: sounds to me like Spoolin didn't speak of the sheer power of e9 to drive virtually anything called headphone, but more of that it would be nice for the potential hd650 buyer, to have someone here to talk to about how the sounding of hd650 was, when driven by his e9, since they are very reveiling phones, right?
I think, Spoolin accidently and slightly slid into an overly didactic undertone, when he pointed that out in the first place, though
deadhorse.gif

@Spoolin: Got your point here hehe, but, ehm, maybe you could try to slow down things a tiny little more subtle next time? Btw cool car there in your sig - yours? I've got its grandfather, good old D22 in black :D ... Will there ever be one with pop-up headlamps again??

Greets guys - and back to topic!

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #275 of 1,324
I understand where we missed. The question was though if the HD650 would reach its maximum potential. The answer is yes. What that potential entails as far as sound, I cannot comment on, which is why I said I wouldn't, and left it for HD650 owners to chime in for.

What I do know and have stated before, is that the E9 will not "change" the sound of the HD650, or any other headphone, but "improve" it. I never said the sound would be to his liking; people have their preferences in neutrality or color.

Again, all I was offering was reassurance.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #276 of 1,324
Lets be clear. Its a ~$200 package.
Will it be better than an un-amped ipod/computer? Certainly.
Does the E9 compare to some $5,000 hi-fi enthusiast amp? I have no idea, I've never heard a $5k amp. Though, I'm looking forward to some comparison in the future.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #277 of 1,324
I have the E9 and use them with my HD650 and I'm being completely honest, I think the e9 delivers and more. I'm extremely happy with how the e9 powers the hd650's with its sounds clarity and no coloring. Well thats my opinion.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #279 of 1,324
Hello

I just got the e9 and the e7 but e9 didn't come with the eu plug apaptor.
So I was wondering could I use different power supply?

Input 100-230v 50-60hz 0.8A
Output 12V -- 2A

Will it break it?

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #280 of 1,324
Hi,

It should be easier for you to get a plug adapter for the power supply rather than risk damaging your E9 with a different power supply.

Jack

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #281 of 1,324
Hello, if 3 dimensions means surround sound, I'm afraid the E9 can't provide you that. If you use a computer, you should look for audio boards that support this feature, or if you are looking for surround sound while playing a videogame, you should buy something like astro's mixamp.

Quote:

Thanks to everyone's opinions.

SEv6, have you ever used HD650 with other amp before E9?  What is it?  Can you compared the sound of those amps (with the same HD650)?
Can E7+E9 make HD650 sound like 3dimensions?
...thank you....

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #284 of 1,324
Quote:
Has anyone significant reviewed the E9 yet?
I love my E9, but I'm wondering if anyone has done a full E9 breakdown yet
Perhaps a comparison to other amps would be nice

I think Mark might take offense to that. A review from a 6k+ poster and true Head-Fi veteran not good enough for you? Although a comparison would be nice.

Also, we might want to change 'It can power ANY headphone' to 'any conventional headphone'. I know it's being picky, but nobody's tested this with the likes of the K1000, K340 yet and it certainly can't power normal electrostats. Not a big deal, just bugs me.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #285 of 1,324
Agreed. I'm sure it won't power a Stax headphone.
jecklinsmile.gif

But yeah, I believe we can say that it can power pretty much any conventional headphone with juice to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back