FiiO E9 Review
Nov 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #256 of 1,324
Thanks Riku and Jack
happy_face1.gif

I see I don't know much about all this. So there's more to it than just the input impedance of headphones and amps when it comes to battery draining.
I will make the tests Jack mentioned to see how much of a difference it will make compared to my beloved cans. But will have to wait though until I get my d2+ back from cowon service. Need the other d2 all the time since it's my only source (blew my stereo).

Ah and great news about bass rolloff Jack!

Anything new about the mysterious new thingy fiio are gonna release, the thing that should also use the e9 docking port? 

Greets :wink:

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #257 of 1,324
As of right now an alternate E9 version has been shown docking an iPhone/iPod. It should be only a page or two back.

Edit: Actually it's in the other E9 thread. My bad.

Link:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/518997/the-official-fiio-e9-thread-with-video-unbox-review/285#post_7069515

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #258 of 1,324
The iPod dock connector for the E9 replaces the current E7 dock connector. While this allows the E9 to function as a desktop amp for the iPod, it prevents E7 from being used in the dock. The iPod dock connector will be sold as a separate DIY kit for those who are comfortable doing their own mods - it's not something that a casual user should attempt. Buyers need to really evaluate what they need or don't need since they would be trading off the ability to use a E7.

We think the mysterious new thingy for FiiO will be an exciting new product for FiiO. :)

Jack

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #259 of 1,324
Just ordered my E9+E7 bundle from miccastore! 
biggrin.gif
 Can't wait for the bundle to arrive because I've never had a DAC and have only used portable amps before.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #260 of 1,324
I had E7+E9 driving my Ultrasone HFI 780 for 4 weeks, I like the quickness and impact of 780's bass but I want more soundstage and better image of each instruments.  So I interest in Sennheiser HD 650 but many users mention about HD 650's slow bass (that improof with adequate-power amp).  Can E7+E9+HD650 play music without slow bass?  thanks.

My source is computer, fubar with asio4all (most files are FLAC).

Sorry with my bad English (I'm Thai).

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #261 of 1,324

Quote:
I had E7+E9 driving my Ultrasone HFI 780 for 4 weeks, I like the quickness of 780's bass impact but I want more soundstage and better image of each instruments.  So I interest in Sennheiser HD 650 but many users mention about HD 650's slow base (that improof with adequate-power amp).  Can E7+E9+HD650 play music without slow base?  thanks.

Althougn it is not so suitable for me to reply this quesiton, but I must said , the bass of E9 is quite " fast " ,  so don't use E9 with some fast bass headphone! LOL, can image the sound of double fast! LOL!!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 29, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #262 of 1,324
to Feiao, or anyone.
- Have you ever tried using HD 650 with E7+E9?
- Has E9 enough power to drive HD 650 (to it's maximum preformance)?
(I want to invest in quality headphone just one more time because it already takes a lot of my money,thanks.)

Quote:
Quote:
I had E7+E9 driving my Ultrasone HFI 780 for 4 weeks, I like the quickness of 780's bass impact but I want more soundstage and better image of each instruments.  So I interest in Sennheiser HD 650 but many users mention about HD 650's slow base (that improof with adequate-power amp).  Can E7+E9+HD650 play music without slow base?  thanks.

Althougn it is not so suitable for me to reply this quesiton, but I must said , the bass of E9 is quite " fast " ,  so don't use E9 with some fast bass headphone! LOL, can image the sound of double fast! LOL!!

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #263 of 1,324
Quote:
to Feiao, or anyone.
- Has E9 enough power to drive HD 650?
(I want to invest in quality headphone just one more time because it already takes a lot of my money,thanks.)

While I can't comment on the sound of the HD650 + E7/E9, it most definitely has more than enough power to drive any headphone.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #264 of 1,324
I just edited my 2nd question after your answer.
- Has E9 enough power to drive HD 650 (to it's maximum preformance)?
So do you confidential confirm that E9 can drive HD 650 to its maximum performance (image, sound stage, fullness,etc.)....thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
to Feiao, or anyone.

While I can't comment on the sound of the HD650 + E7/E9, it most definitely has more than enough power to drive any headphone.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #267 of 1,324
Heya chirawatf, I would probably wait for Feiao to chime in, granted hes a FiiO sponsor I would imagine he would be honest on his thoughts, it appears he has HD600's from a pic earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
to Feiao, or anyone.

Quote:
Yes yes yes... It will reach maximum performance without any sort of coloration.

These are rather bold statements, and if you have no experience with this combination of amp/headphone, I would hold off on reccomending it to him.  Not trying to be mean, but wouldn't you rather get advice from someone who's had actual experience with the equipment?

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #268 of 1,324
Has anyone significant reviewed the E9 yet?
I love my E9, but I'm wondering if anyone has done a full E9 breakdown yet
Perhaps a comparison to other amps would be nice

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #269 of 1,324

I have the HD650 and use it with the FiiO E7/E9, as well as E-MU 0404 USB -> E9. These are just personal opinions, but the E9 drives the HD650 very well, providing ample clean power and does hot hold the HD650 back in any regard.  The E9 has a lot of reserve power when playing headphones at normal listening levels, so the dynamic range is excellent without any sense of compression.  The E9 to me allows each headphone it drives to perform near their best.

Jack

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #270 of 1,324
Quote:
These are rather bold statements, and if you have no experience with this combination of amp/headphone, I would hold off on reccomending it to him.  Not trying to be mean, but wouldn't you rather get advice from someone who's had actual experience with the equipment?

Quote:

I have the HD650 and use it with the FiiO E7/E9, as well as E-MU 0404 USB -> E9. These are just personal opinions, but the E9 drives the HD650 very well, providing ample clean power and does hot hold the HD650 back in any regard.  The E9 has a lot of reserve power when playing headphones at normal listening levels, so the dynamic range is excellent without any sense of compression.  The E9 to me allows each headphone it drives to perform near their best.

Jack

Well there's your "experience". I don't comment on things I know nothing about; but I have heard these opinions before. Also, considering the HD650 is only 300 ohms and the E9 can already make 600 ohm headphones excruciatingly loud at 50% volume, the math added up. Sure, I don't have hands-on experience with this exact combo; but I've done my homework and wouldn't make any such claims if I wasn't certain.

Quote:
Oddworld said:

Has anyone significant reviewed the E9 yet?
I love my E9, but I'm wondering if anyone has done a full E9 breakdown yet
Perhaps a comparison to other amps would be nice

New review by TheGame21x here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/525503/review-fiio-e9-desktop-amplifier#post_7088509

No direct comparisons though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back