FiiO E9 Review
Nov 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #196 of 1,324
I would definitely like to see how that matches up. Not that T1 owners are exactly going to be on a budget for amps... but I suppose as a benchmark of the E9's true power.
beyersmile.png

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #197 of 1,324

Quote:
Quote:
i would get them from mp4nation.net right now if anyone needs one.  they have an awesome combo deal im not sure if it still stands but you get the e7 plus e9 for like 170 shipped.  the e9 itself is like 120 shipped.  i think those are both very good prices.  they even have combos with their iems.  the m2 plus e7 plus e9 is only 200 dollars.  if i hadnt ordered my m2's 2 weeks back for 45 alone, i would have gotten these, because that makes the m2's only like 20 dollars if i got that combo.  so if anyone needs nice iems or amps go to mp4nation.net out and check out their deals.

The deal isnt there anymore. It's around 190. Either way though even if it were 170, I would stay away from mp4nation. Too many horror stories about that company on this, and other websites. 6 week shipping, crappy customer service (after you purchase something) etcetc. Just a warning! 

Crap.. I should have looked for reviews about this online store before ordering mine (e7+e9 combo)... I paid for it on the 8th november, they dispached it on 14th november (they took almost one week just to take the parcel to the post office!) and the Hongkong post website says its in route to my country, however I can't track it yet on my country's mail service...

I was thinking I would be able to enjoy christmas holidays using the E9/E7 combo, but after this, I guess I'll be lucky enough to get it before feburary..

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #198 of 1,324
I would really like someone to compare the amp to something else. This is my first desktop amp, so I can't really comment.

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #200 of 1,324
I just ordered a Fiio E7 E9 combo from miccastore.com for about US $200. This store is listed as an official retailer on Fiio's website. Shipping was free (for orders over $99). Also, their customer service seems great, too. I asked them a question about my order and I received a positive reply from them in my email, in under a minute. Also, shipping seems fast. Mine hasn't come in the mail, yet, but it should arrive on Monday 11/22. I ordered it on 11/17. Hopefully it will compliment my new DT 880's very nicely. I'm so glad I discovered this community. I would be lost, when it comes to buying audio equipment, if it wasn't for you guys.

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #201 of 1,324
Welcome to Head-Fi! Indeed the Micca store was one of the first to offer the bundle deal and has served many of us E7/E9 owners well! As A follow FiiO and DT 880 owner I can say you will thoroughly enjoy this combo! Grats on your headphones, DAC and Amp! Please come back to post your impressions!

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #202 of 1,324
Could anyone please compare this to a nuforce icon hdp or a audio-gd fun?  I am currently saving up for either of the latter two, but for half the price, i may no longer need to save.  Thanks in advanced, pre-thanks.  Er, maybe I should mention I am listening to grado sr325is on a laptop.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #203 of 1,324
Quote:
Could anyone please compare this to a nuforce icon hdp or a audio-gd fun?  I am currently saving up for either of the latter two, but for half the price, i may no longer need to save.  Thanks in advanced, pre-thanks.  Er, maybe I should mention I am listening to grado sr325is on a laptop.

The HDP and Audio-gd Fun both support high resolution audio at 192/24. If you're only listening to CD's then all you're getting is 44/16; the E7 supports 48/16 audio. Save the money and get the FiiO combo, unless you have SACD's and DVD-Audio in your music collection.

Also, Grado's are very easy to drive so the E9 will be able to push your Grado's to deafening this-may-as-well-be-a-boom-box levels.

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #204 of 1,324
I'm so loving the sound of the E7/E9. I listening via my Macbook with mp3 at 320 bit. I currently use either my Sony AH-C751s with comply foam tips and Sony MDR-XB700.  I listen to most types of music, but do love soul, jazz and classical a little more than rock, pop or opera.

I use the Sony's a lot as they are comfortable and actually sound superb with the Fiio combo. Question, what headphone would be an upgrade on the Sony's and the Denon's or what would you recommend.  There is no budget as such :) but the E7/E9 is so good I want to see what's the best I can get from it :) 

All opinions gratefully received.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #205 of 1,324

Quote:
The HDP and Audio-gd Fun both support high resolution audio at 192/24. If you're only listening to CD's then all you're getting is 44/16; the E7 supports 48/16 audio. Save the money and get the FiiO combo, unless you have SACD's and DVD-Audio in your music collection.

Also, Grado's are very easy to drive so the E9 will be able to push your Grado's to deafening this-may-as-well-be-a-boom-box levels.

As I don't have $200-450 to drop at will, I thought I would go a little high the first time out and sort of stay there awhile.  But as I don't have $200-450 to drop at will, I probably wouldn't ever buy anything that would require 192/24.  Thanks for the reality check.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #206 of 1,324

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i would get them from mp4nation.net right now if anyone needs one.  they have an awesome combo deal im not sure if it still stands but you get the e7 plus e9 for like 170 shipped.  the e9 itself is like 120 shipped.  i think those are both very good prices.  they even have combos with their iems.  the m2 plus e7 plus e9 is only 200 dollars.  if i hadnt ordered my m2's 2 weeks back for 45 alone, i would have gotten these, because that makes the m2's only like 20 dollars if i got that combo.  so if anyone needs nice iems or amps go to mp4nation.net out and check out their deals.

The deal isnt there anymore. It's around 190. Either way though even if it were 170, I would stay away from mp4nation. Too many horror stories about that company on this, and other websites. 6 week shipping, crappy customer service (after you purchase something) etcetc. Just a warning! 

Crap.. I should have looked for reviews about this online store before ordering mine (e7+e9 combo)... I paid for it on the 8th november, they dispached it on 14th november (they took almost one week just to take the parcel to the post office!) and the Hongkong post website says its in route to my country, however I can't track it yet on my country's mail service...

I was thinking I would be able to enjoy christmas holidays using the E9/E7 combo, but after this, I guess I'll be lucky enough to get it before feburary..

I almost ordered too from that website too :p.

I wouldn't worry too much. At least they have shipped it already. Now its up to the shipping company. Maybe the have gotten better due to complaints, I just don't like taking the risk of ordering from Chinese/foreign countries, especially companies that have iffy reputations. 

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #208 of 1,324
Yeah, I also heard some stories from people from my country who use to import stuff that things ordered close to the end of the year, probably due to the holidays, takes longer to arrive.. There's no update from HK post office, Brazil's post office can't track the parcel yet..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I almost ordered too from that website too :p.

I wouldn't worry too much. At least they have shipped it already. Now its up to the shipping company. Maybe the have gotten better due to complaints, I just don't like taking the risk of ordering from Chinese/foreign countries, especially companies that have iffy reputations. 

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #209 of 1,324
Finally the combo arrived from the UK here to Holland! I already had the plug to convert from UK to the Dutch socket, so I could have a go with them instantly.

I can't really compare to other amps, but definitely hearing a big improvement over my crappy onboard soundcard with the DT 770/80's. Also, ipod-lod-e9 compared to ipod-lod-e5, sounds fuller, with more energy, if I state that the right way. Can't hear difference between e5 and e7.

It has been said many times, but here it goes again; fantastic product, this really is a bargain!

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #210 of 1,324
Question for James, if I may: that small rubber/silicone band which is included with the e7, any idea where I can get a couple more of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back