Fiio E7/E9 vs E17/E9 vs E10?
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 66

From Fiio. I skype with them almost every evening and they have replied to my emails also. The employee name is Sunny. I also quoted the conversation with them in a different thread.
Quote:
Three weeks ago Fiio quoted Feb2012 in another thread. What is your source for the earlier release date? I hope it's true...

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 66

Quote:
Three weeks ago Fiio quoted Feb2012 in another thread. What is your source for the earlier release date? I hope it's true...

If the guys at Fiio were business smart (hopefully they are), they would not talk about any new products just before Christmas.
Buyers of their products will stop buying current products if they know something new is coming out soon.
If they do not carry a big inventory, then it's not a problem to talk about new stuff.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 66
Either January or February is just estimation. The early prototype has been finished, as far as I know. Now they are ironing out the bug as well as gathering all the parts needed for manufacture. They are also busy trying to fulfill the demand of current line-up so R&D is not their top priority right now. You'll need to feed yourself first before you can expend.

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #20 of 66
First, E17 will be priced much higher than E11, possibly over $150. Second, E17 will be the best sounding amp/DAC FiiO has made so far, at least that's the plan.

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #22 of 66

Quote:
I'm going to guess better than the E10 then which is currently their best(DAC wise), and is going to have more pushing power than the E9 and E7 combo......that's some mad power right there for ~$150.....FiiO has really proven itself time and time again.

No, it shouldn't have more power than the E7/E9 combo.  It's meant to take the E7's place, so it will still dock with the E9.

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #23 of 66

Quote:
No, it shouldn't have more power than the E7/E9 combo.  It's meant to take the E7's place, so it will still dock with the E9.

ooo forgot about that >_<...fiio is doing things waay too fast. even products that were just comming out new get replaced in a month!
They are also raising the prices more and more.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #24 of 66
Hello all,

First time poster long time lurker.

Anyhoo, I was wondering about the E7 myself. I've searched the forums but still don't get how this all works per say. I was going to start a new thread but already seeing all these other posts about Fiio products I decided to just piggy back off this one.

<threadjack>
Uses for the E7/any amp:
- for my personal listening between many desktops, laptops and android devices
- amplifying signals for live monitoring audio when recording with my dslr rode videomic

1) I was wondering if I would reap any benefits from a DAC headphone amp. I have a pair of Shure SE425 with custom ear sleeves. I was under the impression its better for cheaper or decent headphones that don't have enough juice going to them? (noob)

2) Does the DAC work with android? My xoom has OTG capabilities can I configure it to output an audio signal via the micro USB?
3) Is that the only way I can get a direct line out from my xoom or will plugging into the normal audio port that I put my headphones into now mess with the amp or negate its purpose?
4) What is the benefit of the E7/E9 combo? Isn't the E9 an amp by itself? so why would you need both? Just for the docking feature?

Thanks in advance all.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #25 of 66
1 yes
2 not that I am aware of.
3 yes/no I am not sure you can get a true line out from the xoom. If you use the hp out you will be double ampping your source.
4 The benifits of the e7/e9 combo is the e7 would be the dac where the e9 would be the amp. There is no dac for the e9. You can only provide source through a line in unless you use the e7 or other dac. The e7 hooks up through usb to a pc to use as a dac.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #26 of 66
Get an E10 now, save some money, and later get an E9. I'm using that setup right now (E10 as USB DAC for the E9, using an L2 cable), and it's superior to the E7+E9 combo I was using previously. This, obviously, if you don't need a truly portable solution as the E7 is (battery powered, I mean). You can always use the E10 as a semi-portable combo, with your laptop, on the go, and then use it at home, as USB DAC for the E9... 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #27 of 66
fiio e7, e9, e17, e10 

so many combinations.

Even I'm confused:

Desktop pc rig: which setup of these fiio's will give (supposedly) the best sound quality for full size headphones?

Is it
(my guess) fiio e17 + e9. As the e17 has the best dac out of the all the fiio units ever produced, and is unique in this way. A better dac than the e10...?

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #28 of 66

Quote:
fiio e7, e9, e17, e10 

so many combinations.

Even I'm confused:

Desktop pc rig: which setup of these fiio's will give (supposedly) the best sound quality for full size headphones?

Is it
(my guess) fiio e17 + e9. As the e17 has the best dac out of the all the fiio units ever produced, and is unique in this way. A better dac than the e10...?

When the E17 is released, this will probably be the best Fiio home use combo.  However, since it won't come out until early next year, we don't know for sure.  Right now, E10+E9 is the best.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #30 of 66
I'm going to borrow this thread and ask a simple question. I recently bought the Astro MixAmp so I could use my PC360s together with my Xbox. I feel tho that they need a little bit more juice, so i figured I should get myself a amp. I don't know which one to buy tho, the FiiO E9 is suppose to be a great choice, but I'm not sure if that would the best amp together with the PC360 and the MixAmp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back