Quote:

Originally Posted by Menasor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh don't worry. Those guys at the avsforum got to me first
wink.gif

Lol I'm on there too
biggrin.gif

Quote:

By the way, for those who ordered from Dealextreme, how long did it take for the package to arrive?

I ordered mine right after it came out so it took just under a month to get to me in Canada, but I imagine that was a supply/demand problem, not their usual.

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #1,548 of 1,737
Quote:

By the way, for those who ordered from Dealextreme, how long did it take for the package to arrive?

I ordered from DE and it came in about 3-4 weeks. Well worth the wait for the price.

Enjoy.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #1,549 of 1,737
Received mine yesterday from Deal Extreme, took about 2 weeks which is on par for them. Hooked it up to the AV output adapter (acting as an LOD on my iPhone) I bought for a few bucks off deal extreme. Sounded pretty good with my sr325is. Listening to it right now at work with my JVC marshmallows.

Once I get my gamma1/2/mini3 combo going I'll have something to compare it to.

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #1,550 of 1,737
It looks like my E5 is now being packaged. It should be here within 2 weeks. I'll report back with my thoughts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #1,551 of 1,737
Looking at getting one of the E5s for use with my AKG 240s (55 ohm) and my SoundMAGIC PL50s. Any opinons on how much this little amp will effect the sound quality ?

P.S. Zune 80gig as a source as well as my laptop sound card.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #1,552 of 1,737
If someone could help that'd be great...

Took the clip off, opening it up to have a look. Problem is, can't get it back on!

What is the best method? Have I got the spring in the wrong way? Nothing works!

Any tips on getting the clip on would be great. Need to use it again in a few hours!

Thanks in advance!

Matt
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,553 of 1,737
Just force the spring back into position by placing it into the socket and press the clip on it very hard (beware the spring might flight away). The two arms of the spring should be facing outward (where you compress the clip to open).

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #1,555 of 1,737
My E5 shipped today. Can't wait! Looks like the delay was due to the Hong Kong holiday.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #1,557 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you just sit the spring on top of the usb socket hosuing, compress the spring together so both arms are on the USB socket side, and slot the clip in?

My usual method is to put the spring in the socket first, then put the clip on top, slowly press the whole 'sandwich' down and make sure the spring won't come flighting out. Once the whole things are compressed, I just slot the screw back in.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #1,558 of 1,737
Hi all,

I have a question about the FiiO E5 headphone amp and I was hoping any of you could help me with it.

I recently bought a pair of Jays s-Jays earphones for their bass response, but sometimes they earphones give a cracking and distorted sound when I play certain songs that have alot of bass.
They have a frequency response of 20 Hz - 20 KHz and I was wondering if this problem is caused because they dont go low enough?

I saw that the FiiO E5 has a frequency response of 10 Hz - 60 KHz, so my question is: would using the FiiO E5 amp solve my problem of crackign and distorted sounds because the amp has a lower frequency response and due to this fact will handle my bass-heavy songs much better?'
If not, any other hints / tips / solutions by you are also most welcome ofcourse.

I have to add that I havent listened to my s-Jays for that long yet, only for a couple of hours so far. Though I dont think that the cracking noises will go away after more hours of listening, I think its just caused by the frequency response... but i could be wrong about that, if so, plz tell me :p

I hope any1 of you could help me with this.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #1,559 of 1,737
I got mine recently, good bang for the buck.

I was wondering though, what setting do you guys generally use yours on?

Flat, Middle, or Bass?

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #1,560 of 1,737
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I tried it with my two headphones, ATH-AD500s and ATH-ES7s, on a variety of sources(laptop, Zune, PS3 RCA out). I found that the amp didn't do much for my AD500s, but it made my ES7s have a fuller sound(don't know if that's the correct term. I'm trying to say that the highs, mids, and lows all stand out more) and I could distinguish sounds from different instruments a lot better. Plus, the sound stage was wider which was nice. Overall, I like it and can't see myself listening without it on my Zune(helped the most), PS3, or laptop.

I'll report back when I receive my Sony Walkman E-345 16 GB next week. Also, I'll try it out with my iPod Classic 80GB soon, but I'm not expecting much since I never liked the sound in the beginning. I would liken it's(iPod classic) sound to using a dynamic normalizer which sounds terrible imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back