FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #1,531 of 1,737
My e5 arrived today
angry_face.gif
the right channel was non functional. I disassembled the unit to find a cold joint on the output plug. 5 minutes later fully functional
atsmile.gif
I will admit my ears are not as good as they used to be (20 years as a metal fabricator) but I think this has warmed the midrange a bit on my QP's and my cheapies well it has helped to crisp them a bit.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #1,533 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My E5 Also came today, I just made a video on how it looked like when it came.
I LOVE MY FIRST AMP! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YouTube - FiiO E5

Cool.

Mine doesn't say 'Nationite Edition' on the side of it. What's that all about?

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #1,534 of 1,737
And why do you have what appears to be the loudest recording in history on there. That sounds terrible.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #1,535 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool.

Uh, i ordered it from mp4nation, so I'm not sure.. This thing feels cheap though... I kind of regret ordering it from them.. took 2 weeks to come, and the clip is like kinda loose.. So i use it solely for my speakers.

My iBasso T4 is here already, but I wasn't home so I have to get it tomorrow.

Oh and the T4 only took 3 days to come.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #1,536 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool.

E3 and E5 sold by MP4 Nation are rebranded to suit the company own's lineup of Nationite products.

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #1,537 of 1,737
Hey guys,

I was looking at decent cheap amps and came across the Fiio E5. Did come google searches and it brought me here.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm currently using the headphone jack of my z5500 and it definitely does not provide enough juice for my Sennheiser HD555's. I get much less bass from the z5500 headphone jack compared to my Onkyo SR705 receiver.

Would the E5 be enough to power my HD555's? Thanks in advance guys!

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #1,538 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menasor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I was looking at decent cheap amps and came across the Fiio E5. Did come google searches and it brought me here.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm currently using the headphone jack of my z5500 and it definitely does not provide enough juice for my Sennheiser HD555's. I get much less bass from the z5500 headphone jack compared to my Onkyo SR705 receiver.

Would the E5 be enough to power my HD555's? Thanks in advance guys!

The HD555's (I'm using them right now) are said to not really need much amplification, but I don't see an E5 adding a lot to these. I never did try using my E5 with them, but I would guess it would add a bit more volume to them. I can't imagine an E5 adding too much in the way of dynamics or headroom to the HD555's, but like I said, I never did try (and now I can't because the E5 died a couple months after I got it and I never bothered to get a new one). It's only like $20, you could always try it out and let me know
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also, welcome to Head-Fi, sorry in advance about your wallet.
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #1,539 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD555's (I'm using them right now) are said to not really need much amplification, but I don't see an E5 adding a lot to these. I never did try using my E5 with them, but I would guess it would add a bit more volume to them. I can't imagine an E5 adding too much in the way of dynamics or headroom to the HD555's, but like I said, I never did try (and now I can't because the E5 died a couple months after I got it and I never bothered to get a new one). It's only like $20, you could always try it out and let me know
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also, welcome to Head-Fi, sorry in advance about your wallet.
wink.gif

Ok thanks! I went ahead and ordered the E5 from Dealextreme. Hopefully it comes soon. I'll definitely report back with my findings.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #1,541 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And it begins! Muahahaha...
eek.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Heh don't worry. Those guys at the avsforum got to me first
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #1,542 of 1,737
By the way, for those who ordered from Dealextreme, how long did it take for the package to arrive?

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #1,543 of 1,737
Quote:

By the way, for those who ordered from Dealextreme, how long did it take for the package to arrive?

Two factors: whether DX has stock or not and how long it takes for regular airmail to travel from HK to your location.

Once DX shipped your item, they will send you an email. Only till you received that email that it means your E5 is shipped. In my experience, it usually takes a weeks or so for major destinations by airmail with a small package (assuming you didn't order some other big items), but it can take over two weeks if you are in rural area.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #1,544 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two factors: whether DX has stock or not and how long it takes for regular airmail to travel from HK to your location.

Once DX shipped your item, they will send you an email. Only till you received that email that it means your E5 is shipped. In my experience, it usually takes a weeks or so for major destinations by airmail with a small package (assuming you didn't order some other big items), but it can take over two weeks if you are in rural area.

ok thanks ClieOS. Do you happen to know how long before they come back in stock if it says "pre-order"?

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #1,545 of 1,737
Quote:

ok thanks ClieOS. Do you happen to know how long before they come back in stock if it says "pre-order"?

DX has been listing E5 as 'pre-order' since the beginning on this thread and you can imagine how long it has been. Anyway, they do have stock, just too lazy to update the product description (not DX's strong point anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back