FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Apr 10, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #1,321 of 1,737
Correction: E7 is planned for June / July release, but no solid date yet. It will be a small desktop DAC/AMP targeting as notebook internal soundcard replacement / upgrade.

Also, a silver color E5 is planned for release next month. Last but not least, an E1 model is also said to be under development, but no detail yet.

Apr 11, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #1,322 of 1,737
Will an E5 improve the SQ of my shure SE530's at all, the small size and clip-on-style seem's like it would go well between the phones and the extension, but I don't want to waste money on something that won't do anything to improve, or possibly even detract from high end iem's

Apr 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #1,323 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewmeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will an E5 improve the SQ of my shure SE530's at all, the small size and clip-on-style seem's like it would go well between the phones and the extension, but I don't want to waste money on something that won't do anything to improve, or possibly even detract from high end iem's

in my opinion, no. with my e5c's, the e5 smeared detail, took away from the top end and compressed the soundstage.

Apr 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #1,325 of 1,737
Just got my E5 yesterday, I work really well with PFE. I am using gray filter, Comply tips. E5 improve the bass without messing up the mid and high. I prefer not having Bass Boost turn on as it give too much Bass that destroy the balance of the music.
I also try put my new IE7 (40 hours) on it but I don't like the combination as E5 make the sound of IE7 muddy.
btw Does E5 need burn-in if so, how long ?

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #1,328 of 1,737
Mine come today. Definately it works with pfe. There is a little bacround noise indeed. And some how music become less natural. But it's realy funy specialy while listening pop, rock, trance. I don't recommend it for classical music. May be it could use on it for wery low sound level listening.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #1,329 of 1,737
Will senn px100 connected to iriver h340 (hopefully cowon s9 soon) benefit from the e5?

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,330 of 1,737
Okay so I have this weird thing with my desktop computer and this amp. They just don't mix!
If I plug the E5 to my soundcard - XtremeMusic - I'll have a great amount of hum and buzz coming from my headphones. The amount of hum and buzz depends on the position of the amplifier, i.e on top of the computer the hum is much more present than if the E5 is on the ground. Also the positioning of headphone cable makes a difference in the amount of hum. And the difference is very big. Sounds like something is making a distortion. It's like too much power to be driven and tsss, hum.

Any ideas?

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #1,331 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by mud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so I have this weird thing with my desktop computer and this amp. They just don't mix!
If I plug the E5 to my soundcard - XtremeMusic - I'll have a great amount of hum and buzz coming from my headphones. The amount of hum and buzz depends on the position of the amplifier, i.e on top of the computer the hum is much more present than if the E5 is on the ground. Also the positioning of headphone cable makes a difference in the amount of hum. And the difference is very big. Sounds like something is making a distortion. It's like too much power to be driven and tsss, hum.

Any ideas?

Start reading here, 8 pages ago: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/f...ml#post5483675

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #1,333 of 1,737
Does anyone know if the E5 will improve the sound quality on full-size headphones like some AKG K 530s or something similar? Or will it just make it worse?

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,335 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by squib323 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a cheap amp for a ATH-M50, would these work well with em?

im getting mine next month... if by then you have'nt ordered your e5 by then ill tell you if its worth it.. if you get yours first, you tell me...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back