FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Jan 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #961 of 1,737
Well, I understand mine could be just aberration, however I'm speaking from frustration of buying electronic goods from China. It happen to me many time as products that fail within short period time. As much as I would love to contact my supplier, I don't live in HK, and hopefully my next business trip, I'm able to get it resolve. By all mean, I didn't mean to discredit FiiO, I am glad to hear that people are defending FiiO, if the FiiO gives great after sale service, I might just become a dealer for them where I reside.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #962 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by roni44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I understand mine could be just aberration, however I'm speaking from frustration of buying electronic goods from China. It happen to me many time as products that fail within short period time. As much as I would love to contact my supplier, I don't live in HK, and hopefully my next business trip, I'm able to get it resolve. By all mean, I didn't mean to discredit FiiO, I am glad to hear that people are defending FiiO, if the FiiO gives great after sale service, I might just become a dealer for them where I reside.

I think that an indication of FiiO's responsive outlook is the way they took on board the comments about the E3 and included them in the E5.

We were so impressed we became agents for FiiO.

We have only had one faulty E3 which we replaced no questions asked.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #963 of 1,737
I just got my E5 and I'm using it with my a818. I have the a818 turned up to max. I find myself hearing stuff, i never heard before (like echoes, breaths etc). Without the amp, I still hear the details but have to pay a lot more attention. Guitars and keyboards sound lovely with the E5, but the bass boost is too boomy IMHO.
Kinda makes me wanna try out higher-end amps.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Well worth $24.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #964 of 1,737
E5 No. 0392 here.

The E3 problems have been fixed, like the "built-in" bass boost, it now has a power button (no more draining battery in a day as with the E3), and volume controls. Quite an improvement, isn't it?
wink_face.gif

Here's a review with some photos...

FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier Review

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #965 of 1,737
woo hoo mine arrived yesterday and it just so happens ive currently borrowed a friends ety er4p's and with the E3 i felt it killed the great highs but..... the E5 is awsome with it. etymotic should bundle one of these with them.

E5 is so much better than the E3

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #967 of 1,737
depends when you ordered it...
i ordered mine beginning of december and i'm only getting it just now...
a lot of people ordered, so everybody's got to wait in line...

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #969 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by raekwonse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else's status on Deal Extreme say "Processing...Please call for updates"? What does that mean? I feel like they should have shipped by now.

Mail services are usually overloaded around New Year's. They may have failed to update the package status.

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #973 of 1,737
/Doublepost -Edit

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #974 of 1,737
I ordered both Fiio E3 and E5 from Dealextreme on the 18/12/08.

On monday 12/01/09 I received the E3, with a little paper saying the Fiio E5 will have shipped by time I received that. True, it had shipped on the 9/01/09. Now i am waiting for it to come.

I already tried Cowon D2 + Fiio E3 + grado sr225. The mix is not bad, not too good too, it adds more punch to the bass, even if the sr225 have a good bass without amp.

Fiio E3 + Sony A829 +shure se-210 hisses way too much. Sansa Clip + Fiio E3 barely hisses. And I use that one with creative ep630 or sony Ex082 (bassy iems) for portable usage. The sonys + Fiio E3 are good for Bassheads

For using on underground travel (with loud sounds) it is indeed a good amp (and much more for the price) Lets seen how the E5 is in comparison with the E3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back