Jan 5, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #932 of 1,737
ordered on the 17th from dealextreme and they still haven't arrived
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #933 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyumetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ordered on the 17th from dealextreme and they still haven't arrived
frown.gif

i ordered on the 8th, still havent received. but my order is actually in the processed stage so hopefully itll ship with this batch.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #935 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlaw02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to order it through DealExtreme though?
Since DealExtreme's price looks lower (about HKD 166.6)...

Of course. That's where I ordered it ... twice!

And, for $21.51 total charges.

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #936 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlaw02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, how about the shipping? Would it take weeks to ship from Hong Kong to Hong Kong? (since they claim that they only offer "regular air mail post and registered airmail post shipping methods for free")

It would probably take as long as normal HK local mail. From past experience with DX, they usually ship items quite fast (at least when they have them in stock).

On the other hand, I am still waiting for my Morocco-re-routing-Mp4Nation-E5 to arrive, which is over three weeks now. Though they assure me it is on the correct way, I start to really doubt it now.
mad.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #938 of 1,737
and a little guy waits....

My Fiio E5 should arrive this morning...and it's morning! (over here, 8:25am).

Yay for local supplier.

It's from a guy called 'geob' here on Head-fi and he's an official and sole supplier of Fiio products (they make more than just the E3/E5) in New Zealand
Maybe try contacting him and see whether he can ship international.

His website: Sail West Home (Don't let the so-so website put you off).

He can blame me later for the annoying email from Head-fi'ers :p

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #939 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's from a guy called 'geob' here on Head-fi and he's an official and sole supplier of Fiio products (they make more than just the E3/E5) in New Zealand
Maybe try contacting him and see whether he can ship international.

It's says "We Ship Worldwide" on the Sailwest website!

The converted price in U.S. Dollars is $29.43 as of this time.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #941 of 1,737
Dammit, it was on my front door step lying there >.<

Anyway, testing right now!

Yeah, I can see why the im716's are recommended with an amp now.

The E5 is much much better than the E3.
Less/ no hiss, better balanced (but you can still get the E3 bass boost goodness in the bass mode), includes an instruction manual in well written English (and Chinese on the other side), and it's really small. It's about the same size as the E3 only more square.

It includes a long interconnect and a shorter interconnect cable which is useful for most people as you don't want a long interconnect cable annoying you.

I'll post a couple of pics later!

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #943 of 1,737
im716 bass mode + fiio bass boost = really boomy bass (and that's without any Mach3Bass on my D2!)

That said, the Fiio's bass boost is better than the one on the im716.
It retains the quality of the highs while boosting the bass unlike the im716's bass boost, which drowns out the highs.
Testing out with some rap atm (Jay-Z's 'Black Album', which is very well mastered, no Loudness War at all, which is a rarity in rap albums, especially mainstream ones + a great rap album, mainstream or not).

More initial impressions are that it does increase the soundstage, more so than the E3 did.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #945 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by live1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so does the e5 have more output volume than e3 pls answer thanks

if you read the first post or googled any reviews of the e5, they state that one of its improvements over the e3 is higher output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back