FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Jan 16, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #991 of 1,737
finally received my E5 today, ordered from DX on 12/8/08.

initial impressions is that it separates the music well, worth the $21ish. bass boost works pretty well too, just a tad muddy.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #992 of 1,737
idk about u guys but i personally really like the clip feature that it has. i can stick it to my sansa fuze and then use it as a clip to clip onto my pants or something do i dont always have to hold it in my hands or put i in my pockets.

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #993 of 1,737
it will look kinda weird wearing both Shuffle and E5...

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #994 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
idk about u guys but i personally really like the clip feature that it has. i can stick it to my sansa fuze and then use it as a clip to clip onto my pants or something do i dont always have to hold it in my hands or put i in my pockets.

Lol, that's EXACTLY what I do. I added some velcro tape to the e5 and the fuze and I connect them like that. I then use the clip to clip onto my pants which is much more accessible than in my pants pockets.

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #995 of 1,737
considering ordering an E5, anyone have any idea how it performs with an Iriver Clix? Also if anyone would be willing to post a picture with size comparison with a clix or a box of matches, I'd be greatfull.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #998 of 1,737
lol yukihiro, i feel the same way. much easier to just clip it on than putting it inside pants. i use mounting tape for mine. its SUPER strong. but, it really sucks when u want to take it apart, cuz its so sticky and strong, u have to use a lot of strength to take it apart and even after u do, theres still some tape left thats stuck to the dap or amp so u gotta use ur fingers to scrape it off. but, im not planning on taking it apart anytime soon so yea. also, i hate the sound of velcro lol.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #999 of 1,737
hehe..got my E5 today
smily_headphones1.gif
cant wait to play around with it

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #1,002 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by rr423 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this offer any benefit to the e530's...

Yes, bass boost it is
biggrin.gif

Actually, I would not bother to add E5 after headphone out of DAP (say iPod) to drive e530. It would be just another amplification stage with its distortions and colorations. EDIT: and it is unnecessary for extremely sensitive E530.

LOD > E5 > E530 may have sense, though. At least in terms of sound signature.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #1,003 of 1,737
Well, I'm enjoying the E5 with my OK2's lol.
I know they dont need any amplification, but I kind of bought it for volume control anyway :p (for $23, close enough to the cost of an in-line volume control.) The bass boost is quite nice though, on some songs where it doesn't sound punchy enough, and being able to turn it back to "flat" mode for the more bass-heavy songs is great.

Also since it's convenient, I want to thank you Kostalex, lol.
Your reviews were extremely helpful in helping me decide on the OK2's, and also went with those MX75 foams you recommended.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #1,004 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by EoY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
considering ordering an E5, anyone have any idea how it performs with an Iriver Clix? Also if anyone would be willing to post a picture with size comparison with a clix or a box of matches, I'd be greatfull.

I am too lazy to pull out my camera, but I can tell you it is about half of a clix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw samples of the E5 in red and black on this thread, is this color option available yet?

Red model is canceled. Only one was produced as sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back