FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Jan 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #917 of 1,737
Our Fiio E5 arrived a few minutes ago and is currently charging.

My wife and I bought this for one of our sons for Christmas and he leaves later tonight to head back to California, so the timing was excellent.

We'll put it through its paces with several headphones ... Sennheiser & Grado, primarily, from several different sources. I'll offer some feedback later tonight or tomorrow.

We're anxious to give it a test drive. I'm impressed by the apparent overall build quality and the accessory pack. Nicely done.

If Dad (that's me) likes it, he'll be ordering one, too.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #918 of 1,737
First impressions of the Fiio E5 are positive!

With my son's Audio Technica WM5s and Sennheiser HD480s, a signal boost was detected, as well as an increase in detail. The overall sound was a bit "fatter". Not a huge difference, but discernable. Same with my Sennheiser PX100s and Grado SR-80s via our iPods.

More tests via laptops, PCs and other sources soon.

He'll be checking out the E5 on his PSP on his return flight tonight and give me a report.

I ordered an E5 tonight.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #919 of 1,737
Would the E5 be a good combo with a Sansa Fuze and SCL4? Could I expect the bass boost to give the SCL4 a little added bass depth, or would it mess up the SQ?

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #920 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
恆源(Forever Source Digital)有得買,HKD228.

Is it possible to order it through DealExtreme though?
Since DealExtreme's price looks lower (about HKD 166.6)...

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #921 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlaw02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to order it through DealExtreme though?
Since DealExtreme's price looks lower (about HKD 166.6)...

Of course, I was replying to the nsx_23's question of where you can find it in store if you are in Hong Kong.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #922 of 1,737
I would suggest that anyone looking for an E5 stay away from MP4Nation. I ordered the E5 plus PL-30s on November 30th, they shipped on December 8th, I received the order on the 24th, missing the PL-30s.

It's been eleven days and they haven't followed up on my two emails requesting the missing item. Their forums are largely full of people complaining about delayed or incorrect orders.

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #923 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, I was replying to the nsx_23's question of where you can find it in store if you are in Hong Kong.

But, how about the shipping? Would it take weeks to ship from Hong Kong to Hong Kong? (since they claim that they only offer "regular air mail post and registered airmail post shipping methods for free")

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #924 of 1,737
Hey folks, I have a question: Is it easy/straightforward to remove the clip on the E5? Haven't looked at it closely yet - I just thought I'd see if someone's done this already.

My impressions so far: Needed some burn in, not a lot, but some (10-15 hours). Maybe psychological, maybe not. For $20 or so, it's not a bad little amp! I plan on using it when I do my bike training, so it's got a perfect form-factor for that. Please, no comments about riding w/ iems - I can't do 2-4 hour solo rides w/o music. Plus, doing hill repeats with some pumping rock tunes makes the pain that much sweeter
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #926 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest that anyone looking for an E5 stay away from MP4Nation. I ordered the E5 plus PL-30s on November 30th, they shipped on December 8th, I received the order on the 24th, missing the PL-30s.

It's been eleven days and they haven't followed up on my two emails requesting the missing item. Their forums are largely full of people complaining about delayed or incorrect orders.

I got my E5 from mp4nation, arrived in 5 days, great service.
darthsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #929 of 1,737

Users who are viewing this thread

Back