FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Oct 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #271 of 1,737
Presumably, the design is part of the influence of Apple's product
wink_face.gif
, as well as an attempt to have a copasetic/complimentary design to that product, given Apple's dominance in the market and the boost in sales that the Apple consumer market could bring.

Leaving that "similarity" alone, looks to be a nice engineering job, especially if Fiio brings it in at $16. And the addition of the somewhat unobtrusive clip makes it very convenient as well, and a good companion to SanDisk's Sansa Clip (forget Apple!).

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #273 of 1,737
I don't mind the design, as it will clip on the edge of the jacket nicely, allowing you when listening to an album fully to change the volume easily etc. Meaning you wont have to stick it to your player.

With the D2 it will work well for me on shuffle, as i can skip songs through the coat pocket with the menu button, anc change vol. with the amp clipped on my jacket zip.

Silver for me please (although it matters less when not on your player i guess, so maybe my fav colour, blue. Anyway, D2 is white, and livewires are black cabled, blue, red and black faces. Silver matches rig best for pics/sticking together though.)

Bring on the FiiO DAC/Amp! Maybe i will be able to sell my (by then) newly bought D2 Boa and my U Control and Cmoys, for a FiiO DAC/Amp/Pre-amp to E5.

Matt

Oct 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #276 of 1,737
Man with volume control, rechargeable batteries and bass boost. Holy crap for something that costs so less this thing looks promising. Lets hope the extra upgrades help to drive Yuin pk1's or OK1's and ill be set.

Oct 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #277 of 1,737
Fair play to Fiio, it looks pretty funky to me. A bit of double sided sticky tape or velcro to stick a Sansa Clip to it and you will have a tiny system which you can clip to whatever item of clothing you want. Nice work Fiio, now let's just wait to hear how it sounds.

Oct 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #279 of 1,737
Looking forward to it!

Oct 16, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #280 of 1,737
if i could fit this and another DAP in an altoids can, it would be nice...

i wonder if this would give an enhancement to my SE420s..
I've already ordered the E3, can't wait to do a comparison

in terms of modding, i think the E3 has more potential though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back