FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Oct 19, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #301 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys may want to read this (somewhat) review of the E5 prototype:

Fiio E5 Amp Handout Images and Short review | MP4 Nation Blog

You may want to read this thread, namely post #256 (page 26)
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Oh bummer, my 500th post was a partial rant...

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #304 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I want to know: When can I get one!

And where I can get one!

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #307 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have another question. Can i get it now?!

E5 look really small and promising. definitely getting one considering i gave a pass to E3 due to hiss amplification.

amen to that. SOO tempted into getting a CMOY, but i'll wait it out! It'll give me time to get an iPod LOD and other cables

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #308 of 1,737
Just got some news from FiiO:

Here is the slightly updated rendering of E5. So far the following two color schemes are all FiiO planned: White and black, or red and black.
E5s.jpg

About the similarity in design b/w E5 and Shuffle, James@FiiO has commented that the company does indeed borrow the same design element from Shuffle, but they do not considered it as a clone since E5 is amp and not a DAP. He want to point out that the reason of adopting such design is mainly because its ease of use.

As for the releasing date, FiiO are still planning for a mid/late November market release in China and hopefully it will hit webstores such as DX before Christmas. The initial release batch will only comes in black/white.

As for price, US$16~20 for China local market, and international reseller will have to determine the price for their own.

The basic spec remains about the same as announced before. Output is close to 150mW/16ohms. SNR as well as hissing problem have been improved. The opamp is TI's TPA6130A and extra chips for volume control, over-change protection and such. Accessories include two IC cable of different lengths and an USB cable.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #310 of 1,737
x2
please

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the similarity in design b/w E5 and Shuffle, James@FiiO has commented that the company does indeed borrow the same design element from Shuffle, but they do not considered it as a clone since E5 is amp and not a DAP. He want to point out that the reason of adopting such design is mainly because its ease of use.

Might be but it's still a steal and not very creative.

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #312 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might be but it's still a steal and not very creative.

Shuffle-like design has been widely adapted (on DAP) in China and I would imagine using such design actually helps on lowing the cost since those are almost standard parts that you can get from manufacturer w/o special order. The rule of economy might plays a part here. Just a thought.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #313 of 1,737
When listening to my desktop PC with IEMs, I can hear some annoying background hiss (system noise). The hiss varies with CPU activity, but not with volume setting (which is currently very low). Thus, I might reduce the hiss (i.e. improve the SNR) by setting a higher volume and attenuating the output. Could an E5 amp provide a suitable attenuation? Would it be any better than this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back