FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #586 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by jm50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've bought a couple of items from mp4nation, same go's for my brother, no issues whatsoever, I've also bought quite a few items from DX and did have some issues with a couple of items, so it's swings & roundabouts.

Glad to hear you did not ran into any problem. I am pretty sure too that hundreds of people don't join he's forum without reason to do so.
It just didn't happen for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which is more reliable? Mp4 nation or Deal Extreme?

Properly I would say Dealextreme. Mp4nation more having problems getting things shipped while Deal Extreme the shipment itself going a bit slow.

I’ve just pre-ordered E5 at Deal Extreme. Still we need wait a bit to they ship it and properly a bit more on shipment. Most people I hear did hear from did experience around 14 shipping days.
The first time I did lucky only wait for 2 days but second it’s was around those 14 day due to some small delays (E3) and third time around a week. Shipment is then a bit difficult to say. Sad I can’t say same about mp4 nation you. I didn’t receive anything after 2 months.
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #587 of 1,737
So has anyone heard the final production models to see how much they were able to reduce the hiss in the pre production models? That is my number 1 problem with cheaper portable amps is the amount of hiss they introduce.

Even if people say you can only hear the hiss in quiet sections they don't seem to realize that hiss is also their when the music is playing and that messes with the s/n ratio and the raises the noise floor so the quality of the audio is seriously decreased.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #588 of 1,737
Thanks Sayajin.
I'll probably order from DX tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #589 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So has anyone heard the final production models to see how much they were able to reduce the hiss in the pre production models? That is my number 1 problem with cheaper portable amps is the amount of hiss they introduce.

Even if people say you can only hear the hiss in quiet sections they don't seem to realize that hiss is also their when the music is playing and that messes with the s/n ratio and the raises the noise floor so the quality of the audio is seriously decreased.

I will check that out as fast as i get mine.
Ordered from Mp4N with EMS shipping so I will be one of the first to get it.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #590 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by jm50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Latest update from mp4nation, "all preorders placed so far will be shipped out tomorrow"
biggrin.gif

awesome. i can't wait to get mine

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #593 of 1,737
Dec 4, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #595 of 1,737
i have a burn in question for those that have received the e5 sample. what amount of burn in if any would be sufficient for the e5? i know this is not an exact science and that quite a few people do not believe in burn in at all but i figured i might as well try to get a ballpark figure before the e5s i ordered come in. any input on the subject is appreciated.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #597 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a burn in question for those that have received the e5 sample. what amount of burn in if any would be sufficient for the e5? i know this is not an exact science and that quite a few people do not believe in burn in at all but i figured i might as well try to get a ballpark figure before the e5s i ordered come in. any input on the subject is appreciated.

Hmm, I didn't really detect too much change over time. I'd say 15 hours or something......

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #598 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I didn't really detect too much change over time. I'd say 15 hours or something......

No much from me either. No big cap in the E5 (or E3 in that matter) so I don't really think burn-in is necessary.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #600 of 1,737
If I'm using an iPhone 3G and some SE530's, would this little amp (e5) really benefit me in terms of sound quality or anything else? All I've read so far is that I might get *more* hiss from this... :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back