Fiio E18
Apr 29, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,891 of 2,308
  You must use an OTG cable, not just any USB cable.

Thanks for that response..  Can I get a OTG with a micro on both ends? All the OTGs I see have a micro usb and then a female or male usb on the other end. The cable that came with my E18, and  the one I use when I connect my Note 4 to the E18 has a micro usb male on both ends.. I was just looking for longer one like that..

BTW, I am layman too.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #1,892 of 2,308

Thanks for that response..  Can I get a OTG with a micro on both ends? All the OTGs I see have a micro usb and then a female or male usb on the other end. The cable that came with my E18, and  the one I use when I connect my Note 4 to the E18 has a micro usb male on both ends.. I was just looking for longer one like that..

BTW, I am layman too.  
biggrin.gif

I can never find this on Amazon. One can usually find something on eBay. I did a quick look and found the below but can't attest to its quality.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-male-to-micro-male-USB-OTG-cable-50-cm-/121399321336

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,893 of 2,308
  I can never find this on Amazon. One can usually find something on eBay. I did a quick look and found the below but can't attest to its quality.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-male-to-micro-male-USB-OTG-cable-50-cm-/121399321336

That's it!! That is exactly what I want. Will try it out, it is cheap enough that if it doesn't work correctly, not losing much.. 

Hopefully, I will be able to find a quality one too..

Thanks again, it was getting a little tough for me to explain what I was looking for too.. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,895 of 2,308
  It is with great sadness that I report I left my e18 in an airplane seat back pocket. May he rest in peace...

I'm glad to inform you, as you already know, the replacement cost is not astronomical as in the typical DAC/Amp product. 
biggrin.gif
 Heck you might check into the E17K.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,896 of 2,308
  It is with great sadness that I report I left my e18 in an airplane seat back pocket. May he rest in peace...

D&m... Sorry about that.
redface.gif
.IMO, we all make mistakes in losing things. Learn from this loss. Good thing it was not your 4 figure headphones or  DAP... 

May 5, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,898 of 2,308
  Hi,
Does anyone know if the E18 still works with Sony Xperia phones that have Lollipop OS?

Thanks

Affirmative.

May 19, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,903 of 2,308
Thank you for the reply and to tell you the truth that makes my day.  I can't wait to pull the trigger on one of these.  I'm hoping to use it in a car stereo setup.  No head unit, just the Fiio E18 and an AudioControl Three.2 using my Nexus 5 as a source.

Thanks again @hucifer I really appreciate it.  

p.s.  Just to make sure - I don't need a custom ROM on my Nexus 5 and I should be able to use the E18 with Google Play Music correct?

May 20, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,904 of 2,308
Thank you for the reply and to tell you the truth that makes my day.  I can't wait to pull the trigger on one of these.  I'm hoping to use it in a car stereo setup.  No head unit, just the Fiio E18 and an AudioControl Three.2 using my Nexus 5 as a source.

Thanks again @hucifer
 I really appreciate it.  

p.s.  Just to make sure - I don't need a custom ROM on my Nexus 5 and I should be able to use the E18 with Google Play Music correct?

Works with stock lollipop. I don't use Google Play specifically,so can't say for sure, but vlc and YouTube work just fine so you should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back