Fiio E18
Aug 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #1,921 of 2,308
E18 is not the solution you'd want for your type of music, the sound are more closely-packed and doesn't possess a wide soundstage. You are better off getting a dap such as the DX90 and maybe a portable amp to go with it to drive the higher impedance headphones.

That said, E18 is still a pretty decent portable dac especially for its price.

I drove the HD650's through an e18 without issue for many months. The power of this amp is more than enough for any headphones I have owned. I also think its tuning is ideal for edm music as it is clear and well defined across the frequencies with good bass impact. I still think its a great little amp and have no desire to upgrade over a year later!

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,922 of 2,308
  Anyone have any  solution for the GSM interference issue? I really haven't used this thing because of this. 

I don't sandwich it with my phone and have no issues. I'm not a fan of blocking my display wth rubber bands, however, If I kept the mini stack in my pocket I might be dissapointed with the interference.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #1,923 of 2,308

With a Note 4
biggrin.gif

BOOM BOOM!

I have an e12 a Cayin C5 and an AK10 and I can't believe this e18 gets so little love..
Review coming soon.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,925 of 2,308
Hello, i just got this little gem and its working with my android phone perfectly fine. I have a question though, can i also use the e18 to drive other devices as well, say a PS Vita or a 3DS or other smaller usb music players? If so how? Thanks in advance. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #1,926 of 2,308
  Hello, i just got this little gem and its working with my android phone perfectly fine. I have a question though, can i also use the e18 to drive other devices as well, say a PS Vita or a 3DS or other smaller usb music players? If so how? Thanks in advance. 

You should check FiiO forums and ask them directly.

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #1,927 of 2,308

I don't think the PS Vita has inputs that the E18 can drive. What would you expect to accomplish by doing this? What would be the source to the E18? Does the PS VIta have a line input? Then I don't think it will have an amp that is better than the E18 has. Does it have an optical (SPDIF) tos link input? Now you wouldn't be using either the E18's internal DAC or Amp, that doesn't sound useful.
The E18 probably has a much better DAC and Amp than the PS Vita so if you really meant to drive the E18 from the PS VIta, that might be a better idea. I don't think the PS VIta has such an output (USB Audio out) that the E18 can use. The same can probably be said for the 3DS.
I suspect that your Android phone->E18->IEMs/headphones is the way to go.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,932 of 2,308
Say whoawwwwttt? I can't hearr yiuuuu. Speaaak loooudeer.
Man, I'm deaf, lots of power. My dn2000 never sounded so good (more bass, more of everything). Fx850 was good too, just not as good as the dunu). Ma750 is better, (more clarity.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back