Fiio E17k Alpen 2
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #271 of 516

Agree to disagree then. If you like it, all the better for you, but I hold on to my opinion.

Seriously man, you need new headphones, trust me.

My advice. Try the Yamaha Pro 500, the most detailed and balanced and clean and accurate headphone on the planet. B

The best part is that you are saying this to ClieOS

in my opinion what I think fiio should do is this should make that amp that has DTS headphone X because it seem to be a lot of gamers that are buying these portable amps I think fiio is going to kill it in sales if they would make such a device.and I think not only gamers would buy such a device but the mainstream as well.

It would require a market analysis and study on their customers buying habits and if it is viable in the first place. 

FiiO comes from a stereo world with their engineers and CEO. The current market for these sound processors are very bloated and dominated by large companies. Many sound technologies have been in development by these big corporations for over two decades with patents and already names for their chips.

I think it would be hard for FiiO to compete. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #272 of 516

Agree to disagree then. If you like it, all the better for you, but I hold on to my opinion.

Going to leave this link here for you. Feel free to visit when you have time.
http://www.inearmatters.net/

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #273 of 516

Those who know me tends to advise just the opposite.
tongue.gif
Not going to stop me though...

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #275 of 516
Hi, I just joined the forum only to try to save this topic and remove possible bad influence (since we all know that sound is mostly sum of what we hear and what we think of something). I was looking to buy E17K and wanted to see reviews, I don't know weather the device is good or bad, but I saw that the topic was taken over by Digital7 and just wanted to point out.

A guy who first told that he has the greatest headphones for reviewing and than retracted it, then he told that E17K was brilliant, and than not, and than yet again it was a problem with headphones so E17K is same as glorified iPod NANO and now yup, it's definitely not brilliant, it's the crappiest piece of hardware ever. His pick is the J. labs C5D which sounds better but he does not own it more than one week. He listened to the E17K extensively to compare the sounds, but then sells the same device as having tops 1 hour of listening. I had to go over his all posts and read them and on other topics it's the same. So please, whoever is reading this, don't take his advices so seriously. I mean, seriously man try to make some conclusion and post it as being your own subjective and final thought.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #277 of 516
Since E17K is not having LO-BYPASS and not having proprietary docking plug but only USB. Can anyone confirm that the E09S will really function with E17K in the same way as E17/E09K combination?

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #278 of 516
  Since E17K is not having LO-BYPASS and not having proprietary docking plug but only USB. Can anyone confirm that the E09S will really function with E17K in the same way as E17/E09K combination?

This is on FiiO's official website

It will dock into the next E0xx in a similar fashion it seems. 

Not sure how it will do the amp stuff with the pre amp and EQ but hey, I think they got it down just fine

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #279 of 516
  I'm going to have to recommend you do some serious reading on audio before you go make any videos. 

You're having trouble understanding even the basics of operation in units, what formats are, and identifying a common issue as something specific and needs mass awareness about. 

Nothing against you mate. But just to help pivot you in the right direciton. 

Here is my review on external dac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLOtZYV6A8&feature=youtu.be

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #281 of 516
  I'd also like to know the answer to this. Does the E17K work with just the CCK or does it still give the "insufficient power" message by the iPhone. I know the E07K works directly connected, hoping the same for this!

It worked on Android

So it should be possible that it should. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #283 of 516
In case anyone is interested. I have not being able to get the FIIO E17K working with Galaxy S4 running 4.4.4  ..
The Original E17 works without a problem..

I tried multiple cables just that so far no luck getting E17K working.. Last cable purchased was this one (http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg?variant=211796287). I have given up :frowning2: I'll stick to my E17 for now when I want to use my Galaxy S4 phone as the source..

Anyone has being able to get the Galaxy S4 working with the E17K?

P.S.
Also installed Android App ( USB Audio Player Pro.apk ) Trial version but it still does not work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back