fiio e17 speculations?
Jan 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #316 of 352
While there would be some sound improvement using the e17 compared to what I currently use, especially as a portable amp, overall the difference is small. I think I'll spend my money elsewhere; for music, that's probably custom ear molds for my Ety ER4.

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
1:the E17 has some tone and sound advances that you will see in the Mike @ headfonia's review. wider soundstage than the E10, more clear bass puch than the E11 and what not. I don't know if you with your IEM's can tell a difference.
2: the iMac's internal DAC is already nice. IT's already a High end Cirrus Logic. Depending on how good yoursetup is. if your room absorbs a lot of sound frequencies. Your equipment. The DAC may not make a difference noticabley in sound.

The E17's wodners is being able to not only have these advancements to people that are new to the Mid-fi world but also is very portable so you can take it anywhere. Unless you drastically need it's portability and 24/192 functions. i don't know/can't tell u the E17 is justifiable.

I doubt IEM's will show u that much of a real difference since you already have a popular amp
I doubt you can "hear" the Wolfson WM8740's differences on some A2's

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #317 of 352

Quote:
While there would be some sound improvement using the e17 compared to what I currently use, especially as a portable amp, overall the difference is small. I think I'll spend my money elsewhere; for music, that's probably custom ear molds for my Ety ER4.

Thanks for your help!

:) glad to help. Ifyou aren't using it for portability and other stuff. it's not for you :) 

For people really wanting to get into the audiophile realm and have a good product that will last cheaply that does...or is an all in one. This is it :)

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #318 of 352
Well, from that point of view, the e17 fits my needs perfectly; I want the e17 for both my desktop computer (dac running A2 speakers) and as a portable amp (replacing my old TAH). However, it sounds like the improvement to my A2s will be minimal at best, and while the e17 is a better portable amp than my TAH, the improvement in sound to my Ety ER4's probably won't justify the cost of the E17.

Quote:
:) glad to help. Ifyou aren't using it for portability and other stuff. it's not for you :) 

For people really wanting to get into the audiophile realm and have a good product that will last cheaply that does...or is an all in one. This is it :)

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #320 of 352

Quote:
Well, from that point of view, the e17 fits my needs perfectly; I want the e17 for both my desktop computer (dac running A2 speakers) and as a portable amp (replacing my old TAH). However, it sounds like the improvement to my A2s will be minimal at best, and while the e17 is a better portable amp than my TAH, the improvement in sound to my Ety ER4's probably won't justify the cost of the E17.

yeah, i added teh last part for any noobies looking to see if this is for them :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #321 of 352

Quote:

No it is not. TAH is a very outdated amp in SQ. I have the Total BiHead (same amp section as TAH) and it is not anywhere near as good sounding or resolving as E17. Even the lesser iBasso D-zero is a better amp then TAH. In many way, even cmoyBB and E11 is better than TAH. The DAC section on E17 is also far better sounding than that on the Total BitHead (which is the same price range as E17 btw).

Quote:
well, the e9 does have usb which is a digital input.  you'll just be limited to 24/96

E17 can also provide SPDIF-in (both optical and coax) to E9 as well.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #323 of 352
MP4Nation sold out of their first shipment, says second one won't ship out until mid-February. I hope this is only because of the combo they offered and that amazon has them in stock sooner than that.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #324 of 352

Quote:
MP4Nation sold out of their first shipment, says second one won't ship out until mid-February. I hope this is only because of the combo they offered and that amazon has them in stock sooner than that.

Does that mean the second shipment will be mid-February or all pre-orders will be pushed to mid-February?... just clarification.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #325 of 352

Quote:
ClieOS,
How well do you think the e17 will pair with the HD700? 

Send me a HD700 and I'll tell you all about it
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #326 of 352

Quote:
Does that mean the second shipment will be mid-February or all pre-orders will be pushed to mid-February?... just clarification.

I'm pretty sure it just means that if you pre-order now it won't get sent out until mid-February, shouldn't have any affect on orders already placed (unless they send you an email).

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #328 of 352

Quote:
If I send you headphones, you would put up a review on them? How much would it cost to send headphones to you?

Haha, sure, why not?
biggrin.gif
But on a second thought, you might not want to send me anything as shipping is not cheap.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #329 of 352

Quote:
Haha, sure, why not?
biggrin.gif
But on a second thought, you might not want to send me anything as shipping is not cheap.

Well I put Malaysia in the destenation on USPS and it gave me a rate of 43.23 for Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box(6-10 days).
Not a huge expense but yes.. It cost money. Then would I have to do something with customs?

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #330 of 352
You will need to fill in international shipping form and custom declaration on USPS. If there is a custom fee, the recipient will pay it, not the sender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back