FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Feb 12, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #6,691 of 6,777
Could be just a isolated case. I have windows 10 and I had no issue with my computer not recognizing the E17 via USB.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #6,692 of 6,777
Thank you for that info imeem :D
Which connection type could I prefer?
Should I get optic cable for the best?
I'll listen up music from youtube do not have much high quality tracks.
I'll play video games mostly
I ordered an optical cable but I can still cancel it if Aux or USB inputs are enough :xf_eek:

Btw I m just get it several hours ago. E17 works well on Windows 10 via USB (FiiO ASIO Drivers)

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #6,693 of 6,777
Thank you for that info @imeem
biggrin.gif

Which connection type could I prefer?
Should I get optic cable for the best?
I'll listen up music from youtube do not have much high quality tracks.
I'll play video games mostly
I ordered an optical cable but I can still cancel it if Aux or USB inputs are enough
redface.gif

Btw I m just get it several hours ago. E17 works well on Windows 10 via USB (FiiO ASIO Drivers)

if u use aux, you r not using the dac on the E17 and only the amp.

For me, i use optical because i find it is louder than USB and better sound positioning for gaming than using USB.

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #6,695 of 6,777
  anyone tried replacing the battery?

I received this from Fiio about the Battery        (We are willing to send you a battery. However, as we stopped producing it long time ago, the supplier won't make its battery for us. There is not E17 battery in stock. It is beyond our ability to help you now. Sorry about this.
Have a nice day! )       It would be nice if you buy something now days that you could get a battery for it  after two or thee years of owning it. If anyone knows were you can get a battery for this thing please let me know,Thanks

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #6,696 of 6,777
Can anyone tell me when the battery finally packs in will the device still power up via USB? If I was to get one it would be second hand and permanently plugged into my PC so I'm not bothered about the battery. However, I once had a laptop that would not power on via the mains when the battery had packed in so I just wanted to check.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #6,698 of 6,777
  Can anyone tell me when the battery finally packs in will the device still power up via USB? If I was to get one it would be second hand and permanently plugged into my PC so I'm not bothered about the battery. However, I once had a laptop that would not power on via the mains when the battery had packed in so I just wanted to check.

I don't know 100% for sure, but I do know that on my E17, if the battery is completely dead, it will not stay turned on.  The power will come on for a couple seconds and then immediately shut off.  I have to charge it for 10 minutes or so before it will stay on, even if it's plugged in.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #6,702 of 6,777
Can anybody comment on the e17 (and similar portable amps) ability to drive a high load like the Beyerdynamic 880 (250 ohm)?  Generally, I don't listen at high volumes.  How about something like the Q701 (~60 ohms). 

Thanks,
James

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #6,703 of 6,777
  Can anybody comment on the e17 (and similar portable amps) ability to drive a high load like the Beyerdynamic 880 (250 ohm)?  Generally, I don't listen at high volumes.  How about something like the Q701 (~60 ohms). 

Thanks,
James

I can't speak directly to that, but with my Hifiman HE-400S (22 ohms), I found 12-14 on the volume scale plenty loud.  The volume goes to 60 so I would imagine the Q701 would be no problem.  I don't listen too loudly either.

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #6,705 of 6,777

I can't speak directly to that, but with my Hifiman HE-400S (22 ohms), I found 12-14 on the volume scale plenty loud.  The volume goes to 60 so I would imagine the Q701 would be no problem.  I don't listen too loudly either.

Jesus, with the ER MK-5 I have the gain on +12 and the bass on +6, and still turn it up to 40/60 for my commute. I could never listen to anything that quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back