FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
May 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #6,466 of 6,777
The aux cable in my E17 snagged on the corner of a table the other day and now I'm only getting sound through one ear.  The metal ring on the inside of the aux input had already fallen off a long time ago - not sure if that has anything to do with it .  Has anyone had any issues with their E17 and had to send it in for repair?  I'm no longer under warranty and I have no idea how much it would cost to fix, not to mention I've heard it takes two months.  I'm willing to attempt a DIY method but I don't even know what the exact issue is.

If you move the balance all the way to the one that the side that does not work is there any sound coming from it? Did you try another LO cable to see if that might be the culprit. Just a couple of guesses.

May 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #6,467 of 6,777
If you move the balance all the way to the one that the side that does not work is there any sound coming from it? Did you try another LO cable to see if that might be the culprit. Just a couple of guesses.

I tried it with two different aux cables and different sets of headphones to no avail, but after draining and then recharging the battery it's working normally again.  I actually forgot there's a reset button I could've tried because I've never had to reset it before - I still don't know for sure if draining/recharging is what fixed it or if it was something internal that just got shaken up and then resettled.  Thanks for the help anyway though.

May 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #6,468 of 6,777
  I tried it with two different aux cables and different sets of headphones to no avail, but after draining and then recharging the battery it's working normally again.  I actually forgot there's a reset button I could've tried because I've never had to reset it before - I still don't know for sure if draining/recharging is what fixed it or if it was something internal that just got shaken up and then resettled.  Thanks for the help anyway though.

Yeah, even electronics have brain farts not just old people like me. Im glad its working for you again!

May 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #6,470 of 6,777
You would probably get a better answer asking that in an E7 thread...

May 27, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #6,475 of 6,777
  is the Fiio E17 in the same league as the new DragonFly?

Feature wise the E17 is vastly superior, but I haven't heard the Dragonfly so I can't comment about the sound.

May 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #6,478 of 6,777
what do you mean by recognize? As in it won't play with the e17 connected? I'm not sure about the microusb input, but aux should probably work on all devices. As for a custom player, which one do you use? 

On a side note, I'm so glad this thing is built durable. Dropped it more times than I'd like to mention and it still works perfectly fine, though it's suffered a few minor scratches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back