FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Dec 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #6,272 of 6,777
What is the latest FW for the E17?

I only have a latest version of the IPOD Nano.  What is the best way to use it with the E17?  Set the volume of the Nano to middle and tune the volume on the E17?   Thanks.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #6,273 of 6,777
There is no FW for the E17 as it is not upgradable.

If there is no LOD cable for your nano and if what you are doing provides enough source level, then that is good as you can always turn the nano up to get more. If there is a LOD then you don't even have to use the nano's volume control at all since it's output will be at line out level through that cable.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #6,274 of 6,777
i think my headphone jack/amplifier on the E17 is defective. After many months of experience, i notice that my fiio e17 is very susceptible to interference from smartphones, home phones, and monitors.

When they are near them, they make a weird noise that is not a tick or a click. However, when i move the e17 away from them (like 10 inchs or more), the chance of it happening decreases alot. The funny thing is that it only happens when i'm using the headphone jack and not when using line out.

any1 have insights on this issue? I might consider putting it in a anti-static bag to see if it will fixes this. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #6,275 of 6,777
Hi guys,
I've had the E17 for a couple weeks now. Pretty happy with it thou i hear it sounds a bit better using optical in, so im getting a USB to SPD/IF device.

One thing that ive noticed is that generating a full digital range sine wave into it leads to some distortion. At first i though there was gain somewhere that was causing digital clipping. Ive tried WASAPI, ASIO and DS and its the same, there is distortion as soon as you get to within 0.2db of full digital range. Then I noticed this distortion was different in left or right channels. Am I correct in saying this distortion is coming from the dac output working near its maximum range? Is this normal?

Thanks for your time,
                           Neug

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #6,276 of 6,777
I haven't used the DAC feature yet. I got a Modi at home for that. But, it sounds great to me coming LOD (E9) from iPad > E17 > ATH-M50.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6,278 of 6,777
have a problem with mine...
left the USB charge option on "off" ..battery drained and now when I try to turn it on the screen appears for a second and turns off...It wont charge via USB because the option is "off"...
tried resetting but nothing...

any idea?

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #6,281 of 6,777
Or try holding the reset with a pin and then turning it on to see what happens.
Other than that I'd let it sit for a few hours plugged in.
beerchug.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #6,283 of 6,777
Issue resolved....
left a ticket and a prompt response suggested the same thing...when the battery dies completely the device will start charging, no matter if you leave the USB charge option "on" or "off"...

button is red :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back