FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Aug 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #6,541 of 6,777
With the unit turned off completely and after a week if I power it on, the battery indicator is really low to bare minimum.
Maybe the unit I bought was old stock, since it was completely dead when I received it or the battery is not that great.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #6,543 of 6,777
Ok. Just one complaint. It's a bit buggy (FIIO e 17) with the hold button. Sometimes when I'm in or using the AUX imput and push the 'hold feature' on it switches the input selection to USB. It's weird. At first I thought I was accidently hitting the input switch while hitting the hold button, but this is not the case. It's a bit buggy, but not a big deal. Still works very well after 9 months I've had it.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #6,544 of 6,777
Anybody opened this and installed a better battery? I'm not happy with it, since it's completely dead from the last time I used it, which was a week ago.
I love the UI, and the optical is abig plus but I cant complain for the price.

Only if I could put a better battery inside

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #6,545 of 6,777
Have you contacted the seller or FiiO about the battery issue? One or the other should replace it for you.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #6,549 of 6,777
  How r u supposed to toggle the Lo Bypass "switch" on the side?

There is no switch. U cant do anything...

Use a pointy object?

It is designed as such so you can't accidentally change it, or else the sudden jump of volume can deafen the listener.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #6,550 of 6,777
  How r u supposed to toggle the Lo Bypass "switch" on the side?

There is no switch. U cant do anything...

Use a pen, pencil, knife, tooth pick...

Use your imagination man!!

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!

deadhorse.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #6,551 of 6,777
Use a pointy object?

It is designed as such so you can't accidentally change it, or else the sudden jump of volume can deafen the listener.

Just use a toothpick even. That'll work. :wink:

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #6,552 of 6,777
Im about to order the E17 i just have some questions before i do that.
I recently bought the ATH-M50x and been using it with my PC.Sound is great,but i need a little bit of power,and im sure the SQ will be better with the E17.

Now,do i have to install the ASIO E17 driver?
I use the AIMP3 player,and in the settings it says that it uses WASAPI.I also have ASIO4ALL installed but it is not set on that.Is it needed for the E17 to work properly with my PC?
Also,i plan to get the E09k when i have the cash.I just want the whole package,but how much will i benefit from using the 09k aswell.I do not plan to use the E17 on the go,though i have a rockboxed Sansa Fuze,so i will try it,and if it works well i may just take it with me sometime.
And lastly,since i will have the E17 connected all the time,is this going to be a problem for the battery.
When using the E17 with the USB and set as my default audio device,do i use the DAC only or the amp works too?

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #6,553 of 6,777
I recently bought the ATH-M50x and been using it with my PC.Sound is great,but i need a little bit of power,and im sure the SQ will be better with the E17.

I use the AIMP3 player,and in the settings it says that it uses WASAPI.I also have ASIO4ALL installed but it is not set on that.Is it needed for the E17 to work properly with my PC?
Also,i plan to get the E09k when i have the cash.I just want the whole package,but how much will i benefit from using the 09k aswell.I do not plan to use the E17 on the go,though i have a rockboxed Sansa Fuze,so i will try it,and if it works well i may just take it with me sometime.
And lastly,since i will have the E17 connected all the time,is this going to be a problem for the battery.
When using the E17 with the USB and set as my default audio device,do i use the DAC only or the amp works too?

I use WASAPI with my E17 since ASIO doesn't always play nice with my software. I don't have any experience with AIMP3, but WASAPI works betters with both foobar2000 and JRiver Media Center.

The battery of the E17 will continue to drain, even when docked onto an E09K. It takes a few days to drain with heavy usage, so you can just turn USB charging on when it's low, leave it overnight and it'll be full the next day. FiiO recommends that you DO NOT charge the E17 while its in use as that can shorten battery life.

As for your last question, the E17, when connected via USB with headphones plugged directly into it, you'll be using the E17's DAC and amp.
Docked on the E09K, you're using the E17's DAC, but the E09K's amp.
Paired with the Sansa Fuze, you'll be using the Fuze's DAC and the E17's amp.

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #6,554 of 6,777

I spent all day playing with settings/volumes/usb drivers etc. trying to get rid of a pretty bad "crackle" sound while playing any source of music with my e17/e09k setup, and finally found the ASIO driver and it completely solved the entire issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back