FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2,072 of 2,388
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #2,073 of 2,388
An amp isn't some magical thing that adds rainbows to everything, it just enables headphones to be run to full potential. If you put noisy files in, it'll just become louder noise.

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #2,074 of 2,388
It's actually not surprising that you're getting bassier, fuller sound from X3. That's its sound signature, whereas E12 DIY in stock configuration has a more neutral, cleaner sound. In comparison, E12 DIY should sound less warm.

If you're after warmer sound than X3, get a different amp. ZO maybe?

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #2,075 of 2,388
I dint put noisy files in to it , i listened to 24/192 metallica,atb and truth be said my fiio x3 drives much better sound,when i hook up with the diy ,it gets louder and the sound gets all boring,no body to it
An amp isn't some magical thing that adds rainbows to everything, it just enables headphones to be run to full potential. If you put noisy files in, it'll just become louder noise.

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #2,078 of 2,388
I hoped to get more detail and bass out of this combination(((
It seems i investe
It's actually not surprising that you're getting bassier, fuller sound from X3. That's its sound signature, whereas E12 DIY in stock configuration has a more neutral, cleaner sound. In comparison, E12 DIY should sound less warm.

If you're after warmer sound than X3, get a different amp. ZO maybe?
d in disapointment(((

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,080 of 2,388
alexshulgin: If you're getting more detail out of your X3, then it sounds like something is wrong with your E12 DIY. I've got both X3 and E12 DIY + a lot of opamps, and E12 DIY details wins hands-down.

What opamps are you using??? Do u get more bass out of diy???
What are you using it for then?what kind of music?

I was badly dissapointed i must say((

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #2,081 of 2,388
I dint put noisy files in to it , i listened to 24/192 metallica,atb and truth be said my fiio x3 drives much better sound,when i hook up with the diy ,it gets louder and the sound gets all boring,no body to it

I see, that's 1 factor taken care of then, thanks for clarifying.

@alexshulgin: If you're getting more detail out of your X3, then it sounds like something is wrong with your E12 DIY. I've got both X3 and E12 DIY + a lot of opamps, and E12 DIY details wins hands-down.

I agree with that, I find the stock E12DIY gives much better transparency, nuance and soundstage than the from my X3 direct. Perhaps it's just not your preferred signature? If you prefer warmer sound, you could try the OPA2227.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,082 of 2,388
What opamps are you using??? Do u get more bass out of diy???
What are you using it for then?what kind of music?

I was badly dissapointed i must say((

The DIY isn't a bass boost amp, it boosts all frequencies pretty evenly so bass won't become emphasised more. If you prefer bassier sound, maybe the E12 will suit your tastes more. That bass boost really packs a punch.

Edit: In case it helps, I'm using OPA827 now but i did like the OPA1611. Music is mostly FLAC of Waraku Rock (Japanese Traditional Fusion Rock, acoustic with electric instruments)

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,083 of 2,388
I see, that's 1 factor taken care of then, thanks for clarifying.

I agree with that, I find the stock E12DIY gives much better transparency, nuance and soundstage than the from my X3 direct. Perhaps it's just not your preferred signature? If you prefer warmer sound, you could try the OPA2227.

Doest this opa2227 come with diy?
I was actualy expecting that ill add sweet creem in to a fresh strawbery(
Insread my strawberries begin to taste disgusting with diy((

Users who are viewing this thread

Back