FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Aug 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,058 of 2,388
You could try removing and reinstalling the buffers and op amp. It could be a poor connection.

What buffers and op amp are you using?

Hmm ok I'll try when I get back. Using LME49600 and OPA1161 if I recall correctly.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,059 of 2,388
Ok. I was wondering if you might be using a DIP8 style like MUSES as I have had poor connections with those sometimes (fixed by re-seating the chip). The stock ones you're using are rarely an issue so let us know how you go with the re-seat.

Also, try checking if it happens with different headphones and with a different input cable. It's possibly there's a poor connection or short at one of the plugs / cables

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2,060 of 2,388
Ok. I was wondering if you might be using a DIP8 style like MUSES as I have had poor connections with those sometimes (fixed by re-seating the chip). The stock ones you're using are rarely an issue so let us know how you go with the re-seat.

Also, try checking if it happens with different headphones and with a different input cable. It's possibly there's a poor connection or short at one of the plugs / cables

It's happened with different headphones but have tried with different cables yet. My interconnect is a diy so that's possible too.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #2,061 of 2,388
Hello i got myself this amp , and i was realy dissapointed ,i pair it with fiio x3 and shure se 215,also i own a pair of ath es10 but both shure and ath sounded awful with the amp out of the box,you have any ideas how to make it sound better???because with e 12 diy there is no bass and overall sound quality sounds poor.i wanted it to bring much more detailed bass and the overall quality ,instead it just got louder and bad sounding((((
Thank you very much for your attention!

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,063 of 2,388
Hello i got myself this amp , and i was realy dissapointed ,i pair it with fiio x3 and shure se 215,also i own a pair of ath es10 but both shure and ath sounded awful with the amp out of the box,you have any ideas how to make it sound better???because with e 12 diy there is no bass and overall sound quality sounds poor.i wanted it to bring much more detailed bass and the overall quality ,instead it just got louder and bad sounding((((
Thank you very much for your attention!

Have you double checked that you're connecting the LINE OUT (not the HEADPHONE OUT) of the X3 to the LINE IN of the E12DIY?

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,068 of 2,388

Judging from the pictures, the problem is not on X3 but on your E12DIY - you connected X3's line-out wrongly to E12DIY's headphone-out (instead of analog-in). I am surprised you even get sound out of it.

In order words, please swap the two plugs on E12DIY's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back