FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jul 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #901 of 1,271
Hi guys
I could use some help and clarifications. (I'm new to the audiophile world and I lack a lot of knowledge :/ )
I have sennheiser hd 25-1 II. Will headphone amp make them sound better or just louder? If I want to improve the quality of the music coming out of my headphones should I get an amp? or is it DAC the answer to my desire?
I've read a lot about the e11, but if I want to compare it to the e10 (sound quality-wise) which is better?
I listen to music from my laptop and mobile phone, and I'm looking for quality (As well as cheap solutions) I'll be glad to hear some suggestions on what would I get (if necessary)
I'm not sure if I'm right, but there is no way to use DAC on a mobile phone (without draining it's battery) so I'm not interested in the e7 model
I'm thinking of two cheap & flexible solutions (if i need DAC and headphone amp):
1. getting cheaper DAC (D3 or D5) and good amp (E11)
2. getting good non portable DAC and amp (E10) and a cheap & very portable amp (E5 or E6)
FYI, I'm a student and I have my laptop with my at all times. I study a lot and I listen to music during this time (4-8 hours daily sometimes even more, yeah it suck, but this is the cost to become an electrical engineer
biggrin.gif
). When I'm studying I rather use my phone but I don't mind using my computer if it will give me a better quality. I use public transportation about an hour drive daily (I can only use the phone).
what do you think??

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #902 of 1,271
from a research I did I've found that cheap amps such as e5 / e6 are not recommended with the sennheiser hd 25 because these headphones already have enough power and the contribution of a cheap amp will not add any significant changes. Is that true? what about the e11?
what about the impact of the e10?
am I thinking of buying products i dont actually need? or doesn't justifies the amount of money i'm gonna spend?

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #903 of 1,271
I'd suggest just trying it for yourself and seeing if you like the addition. Some people believe that with solid state amplification, as long as the speakers/headphones have enough current to properly drive them, it's very hard to distinguish among different amps. Others believe that even headphones that are easy to drive can benefit from a better quality amp like the Fiio E11 (vs the quality of your mobile phones amp section). I'm sort of in the middle, myself. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #904 of 1,271
it's a little problematic to try them out, these amps are not sold in my region. i have to order from ebay. So i have to depend on user's opinions only before i do that.
Now that i got the headphone, i feel that they could use a little more volume. I can live with it though...

I'll get to a question I asked that the answer to it shouldn't be complicated. If i want to improve the quality of the music I should buy a DAC such as the e10 not an amp, am I right?

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #905 of 1,271
Quote:
it's a little problematic to try them out, these amps are not sold in my region. i have to order from ebay. So i have to depend on user's opinions only before i do that.
Now that i got the headphone, i feel that they could use a little more volume. I can live with it though...

I'll get to a question I asked that the answer to it shouldn't be complicated. If i want to improve the quality of the music I should buy a DAC such as the e10 not an amp, am I right?

Well not always. You see amps (e11,etc) usually improve the overall sound quality too (compared to just connected to smartphone or any mp3 player) it just isnt its main focus. While other amps (e10 is still an amp, just has DAC features and more functions) are generally more advanced and focused on quality improvement but still serving as an amp also. E11 for example does a good job at both. So it all depends on what you want more ( E11 - mainly amp + some sound quality improvement) or (E10 - sound quality improvement + also an amp)

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #906 of 1,271
it will definitely improve the SQ of your Headphones but not in a very big margin though... 

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #907 of 1,271
Anyone able to pick up some channel imbalance at low volumes? I notice it with Nationite S:Flo2 lineout to E11 to TF10. It's harder to pick up at higher volumes.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #908 of 1,271
The Beyer DT 880 250ohm is one of the cans I might get and I'm wondering if the E11 can power them properly?  If not whats the highest impedance the E11 can handle?

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #910 of 1,271
Quote:
What do guys do when the battery runs out? Do you have spare batteries and a charger or do you just go without for a few hours?

For around $13-$15 you can get a simple AC powered battery recharger and two spare batteries (BL-5B) off eBay.

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #912 of 1,271
Quote:
What do guys do when the battery runs out? Do you have spare batteries and a charger or do you just go without for a few hours?

I bought mine from the Micca store on Amazon.com and it came with a charger and spare battery at no extra charge.
Micca 
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #914 of 1,271
Quote:

Thanks for the tip. Do you guys find the bass boost makes a real difference?

You can definitely hear it. Whether or not you use it depends on what headphones you use with it, of course....my Grados are out of commission, or else I would certainly use it with them. But I certainly don't use it with my ATH-WS55's. It's a nice option to have though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #915 of 1,271
Quote:
You can definitely hear it. Whether or not you use it depends on what headphones you use with it, of course....my Grados are out of commission, or else I would certainly use it with them. But I certainly don't use it with my ATH-WS55's. It's a nice option to have though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool. I use earbuds a lot and a bit of extra body won't go astray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back