FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Aug 6, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #721 of 1,271

Quote:

Can you advise on the build quality, and sound quality, endurance (how long before having to recharge) or the E11?

I have posted them on the first page.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #722 of 1,271
Very good review Brooko. 

I think the E11s are about the size of my Motorola Defy.
From reading the reviews and the comments you have given, I'd say that
the PA2V2 is worth the extra $5. Build quality on the PA2V2 seems better
and it has 100 hours of battery life.

@ClieOS The review on the first page is much too technical for a newbie like me :s

Anyways, thanks for all the fair comments, especially Ragu for being unbiased. 

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #724 of 1,271

Quote:
Very good review Brooko. 

I think the E11s are about the size of my Motorola Defy.
From reading the reviews and the comments you have given, I'd say that
the PA2V2 is worth the extra $5. Build quality on the PA2V2 seems better
and it has 100 hours of battery life.

@ClieOS The review on the first page is much too technical for a newbie like me :s

Anyways, thanks for all the fair comments, especially Ragu for being unbiased. 

The one thing to keep in mind with the PA2V2 is the size. I loved absolutely everything else about it, but the size was just too big for portable use. I couldn't easily stick it into my pockets, which is why I went with the E11. If that's not a problem for you, you really can't go wrong with the PA2V2.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #725 of 1,271
I am trying to get a PA2V2 and see how it performs, though it probably won't arrive before end of the month.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #726 of 1,271

Quote:
I am trying to get a PA2V2 and see how it performs, though it probably won't arrive before end of the month.

Nice - would love to hear your thoughts vs the E11 once you get it.

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #727 of 1,271

Quote:
Nice - would love to hear your thoughts vs the E11 once you get it.

That'd be great.

I've decided to not buy any amp/dac and instead spend the money on a Sansa Clip+. It's about SGD65, 4GB.
A certain fellow conducted a test on the Sansa Clip+ on his blog and he only has good things to say about it.

Hope it gives me better sound than what I'm getting from my PSP right now. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #728 of 1,271
While it might not be the be-all-ends-all that some like to think it is, Clip+ is a great DAP for its price (I have two in the house) and should beat a PSP easily.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #729 of 1,271
I think it will beat the PSP easily, but I wonder if it can beat the onboard audio chip I have.

Sidetracking: Are headphones and accessories cheaper in Malaysia than in Singapore? 

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #730 of 1,271

Quote:
I think it will beat the PSP easily, but I wonder if it can beat the onboard audio chip I have. That I don't know.

Sidetracking: Are headphones and accessories cheaper in Malaysia than in Singapore? Generally speaking, they are cheaper in Singapore, and a lot less fake.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #731 of 1,271
Re E11 with the ER-4P:  I've only put about an hours listening into the E11, today with my Zune 30GB (which has better SQ and more power than my Fuze).  Putting the E11 in / out of the listening chain, I can tell the E11 adds a good bit of spaciousness to the instruments, adding instrument clarity and reducing noisy congestion. 

I'm using the Low gain setting as the Hi setting seems to add a bit of harshness to the ER-4P that I don't need (may be different with the Fuze + Rockbox).  

I have the E11 volume at about 8/9 out of 10, and I hear no hissing with the ER-4P, even at vol. 10.

I'm using the 1 EQ setting.  Level 0 (off) doesn't give an adequate sense of fullness that level 1 gives, and nice, deep, bass.  The bass at 1 isn't as punchy to my ear as some people might want -- it's round and full with enough and kick and punch to really satisfy me.  Level 2 is just a bit overwhelming to me on most newer pop and rock stuff that's too loud to start with, so 1 is fine.

It will be interesting to compare the E11 with the Soundmagic A10, when it returns from repair or replacement in Hong Kong.

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #733 of 1,271
Just for info. Had my E11 since it got first released. I found by changing the Lod to a mix of copper and silver, from fellow Headfi members eBay store http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPOD-LINE-OUT-DOCK-LOD-HEADPHONE-AMP-SILVER-COPPER-/250728292396?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a6092202c#ht_1624wt_689 the heaviness of the E11 is gone. With my FA-003 I have an amazing sound. Use with iPad.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #734 of 1,271
awesome review. i just got one of these, and i am loving it. i am using it with my pc setup as well. i am tempted to keep charging it while its on, but i am not sure if this is detrimental to the battery life, overall.

is it okay to keep charging the amp while listening, or should i power it down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back