FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jul 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #691 of 1,271

Quote:
hi
RE0 + E11  VS  DBA-02 (or B2) + E11
the first combination seems great. but how is it compared to the second one. even the dba-02 dont reallt need amping

I don't amp DBA-02 / B2. Too much trouble for minimum improvement.

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #693 of 1,271
Aug 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #695 of 1,271

Quote:
can you comment on how they sound with grados. im struggling to make a purchase.

When it comes to Grado, I generally prefer tube amp for the added warmness.E11 is decent with Grado but nothing spectacular, since most Grado really are easy to drive.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #696 of 1,271

Quote:
anybody has experiences with using this coupled with ER4P/S?

Just bought a gently used E11 from a forum member, waiting for it to arrive, so I will post results with the ER-4P when it arrives. 

I've been using the SoundMagic A10 for about a month with the ER-4P, and the A10 is more "musical" sounding with a good bass boost, but that's all it has.  But after the A10 started developing a short in the HO jack, causing a mono sound, so I sent it back to MP4 Nation for repair -- will likely sell the new unit they return to me and keep the E11.

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #698 of 1,271

Quote:
I really doubt you can fully shield the amp from a cellphone unless you wrap the amp and the (grounded) cable in layers of aluminum foil.

Hi ClieOS, 

Just a quick thought, what about adhering ERS paper between the amp and the cellphone? Or, will the headphone's cable still "grab" interference (RF/EMI) out of the air?

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #699 of 1,271

Quote:
Any recommendations for dealing with interference (RF / EMI?). With my iPhone4, the interference is noticeable -- it's not a constantly there, but more like a soft spring-like buzz every now and then.

When I turned Aiprlane mode on for the iPhone4, the interference went away. Obviously this is isn't something I want to do all the time. I'm thinking some sort of RF/EMI shielding sheet to put in between my iPhone and E11? Probably inside the iPhone's or E11's case?

I noticed interference when using my iPod Touch with the E11 - so it isn't just the iPhone.  I was listening to Spotify, so putting the iPod into airplane mode wasn't an option.  I seemed to notice this only when I was using the supplied band to hold the amp and iPod together.  If I laid the amp and iPod side-by-side, there didn't seem to be any interference.  The noise I heard sounded like digital chirps and hash noise.  It would come in bursts and was quite noticable.

For my use case, it's not too big of a deal, but I'm interested to see if anybody comes up with a solution.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #700 of 1,271
just got a Fiio L3 to use with my Iphone 4 and a different amp. i am noticing this same interference. any way to eliminate this? i already lined the inside of my amp's case with some aluminum foil tape and it still does it.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #701 of 1,271

Quote:
Hi ClieOS, 

Just a quick thought, what about adhering ERS paper between the amp and the cellphone? Or, will the headphone's cable still "grab" interference (RF/EMI) out of the air?

I think the strong GSM signal will still get absorbed by the LOD's cable. Headphone cable might absorb some, but it shouldn't affect the amp as much as the LOD cable or the amp itself. Also, ERS paper might reduce the reception of the phone, which is not that great to begin with (in the case of iPhone).

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #703 of 1,271
i tried them on for a short while...with my HO of sony a728~~~sounds A LOT better than direct headphone out,better highs details and extensions....the bass turns from muddy DUMP to very clear cut,full bodied TUMP  *not the uncontrol THUMPpppppp but TUMP*   ,if you are no basshead you can leave the bass boost function to 0 but set it to 2 when you want to throw your sane mind out of the window and do nothing else but Bang your head ...these are the good

the bads are when you pair studio headphones (im using shure srh440 XD ) with an amp and a sony DAP, you can hear the background hiss even when the song is playing~it is annoyingly annoying. What's more, amp like fiio e11 amplify the signal only,thus the vocals that M50 will not sounds better compared to the improvement on bass and the highs ...these are my 2 cents

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #704 of 1,271
Do I need an E11 and their L9 line out dock?  I use a classic iPod with Koss KSC75s mostly.  When I use an IEM I use Shure SCL4.  I prefer the KSC75 though as in ear bother me.  Is the E11 a waste on money since I'll be pairing it with such an inexpensive headphone?

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #705 of 1,271

Quote:
I don't hear any hiss with my TF10 + E11. Maybe just a little with EQ2, but it is so faint I need to be in a very quite room with no music playing to even notice it.

Mine hisses a LOT, even with no EQ. On EQ1 & 2 there is so much hiss it overpowers the music. With no EQ, the music covers it up but during slower songs it's noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back