FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jul 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #678 of 1,271

Quote:

uh? sorry i didnt understand what you mean

He's saying try and make it so the volume knob is at about 4-6 out of the 10 volume settings when you're listening to your music at your preferred level.

I put it on 1-2 on low gain... maybe I should take the battery out and put it on low power.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #679 of 1,271
I bought it last Friday. So far it does what it says, nothing drastic, minimal coloring and quite transparent. to be
fair I have read it sounds better after some burn in time, I will give it that chance and post an update.

Settings:  EQ/Bass 2, gain low (though gain high sounds more detailed at times), high voltage.
Using iPod touch 4g, fiio L9 LOD, fiio E11, UF-T10.   Through the iPod music player and Equalizer app.

The E11 is taped to the back of the touch with thick heavy strength double side tape (this is new for me, finding it better than rubber bands or velcro).

I do believe my Royal Cmoy has more detail and depth (although It could be the coloring).

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #681 of 1,271
Can anyone here who has the E7 and the E11 comment on the bass boost? More specifically I use +1 bass boost with my E7 and find it to be perfect. I've then heard the E11 is "darker." If I were to buy the E11 how does the Bass +0 compare to the E7 +1, and how does the E11 +1 bass compare to the E7 +1?

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #682 of 1,271
Any recommendations for dealing with interference (RF / EMI?). With my iPhone4, the interference is noticeable -- it's not a constantly there, but more like a soft spring-like buzz every now and then.

When I turned Aiprlane mode on for the iPhone4, the interference went away. Obviously this is isn't something I want to do all the time. I'm thinking some sort of RF/EMI shielding sheet to put in between my iPhone and E11? Probably inside the iPhone's or E11's case?

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #683 of 1,271

Quote:
Can anyone here who has the E7 and the E11 comment on the bass boost? More specifically I use +1 bass boost with my E7 and find it to be perfect. I've then heard the E11 is "darker." If I were to buy the E11 how does the Bass +0 compare to the E7 +1, and how does the E11 +1 bass compare to the E7 +1?

E11 bass boost is cleaner (not intrusive to upper bass / lower mid) and bigger (amplitude wise) than E7. You can really compare them directly like EQ1 to EQ1 as the effect is a bit different.

Quote:
Any recommendations for dealing with interference (RF / EMI?). With my iPhone4, the interference is noticeable -- it's not a constantly there, but more like a soft spring-like buzz every now and then.

When I turned Aiprlane mode on for the iPhone4, the interference went away. Obviously this is isn't something I want to do all the time. I'm thinking some sort of RF/EMI shielding sheet to put in between my iPhone and E11? Probably inside the iPhone's or E11's case?

I really doubt you can fully shield the amp from a cellphone unless you wrap the amp and the (grounded) cable in layers of aluminum foil.

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #685 of 1,271

Quote:
E11 bass boost is cleaner (not intrusive to upper bass / lower mid) and bigger (amplitude wise) than E7. You can really compare them directly like EQ1 to EQ1 as the effect is a bit different.

Alright, thanks. I guess I'll just pick up an E11, they're cheap anyway!

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #686 of 1,271

Quote:
I bought it last Friday. So far it does what it says, nothing drastic, minimal coloring and quite transparent. to be
fair I have read it sounds better after some burn in time, I will give it that chance and post an update.

Settings:  EQ/Bass 2, gain low (though gain high sounds more detailed at times), high voltage.
Using iPod touch 4g, fiio L9 LOD, fiio E11, UF-T10.   Through the iPod music player and Equalizer app.

The E11 is taped to the back of the touch with thick heavy strength double side tape (this is new for me, finding it better than rubber bands or velcro).

I do believe my Royal Cmoy has more detail and depth (although It could be the coloring).

I have been using it for what ...a week now. And I am noticing a hiss more with my TF-10. That is on high voltage, low voltage there is less hiss, but it doesn't sound as good.

what to do?

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #687 of 1,271

Quote:
I have been using it for what ...a week now. And I am noticing a hiss more with my TF-10. That is on high voltage, low voltage there is less hiss, but it doesn't sound as good.

what to do?

I don't hear any hiss with my TF10 + E11. Maybe just a little with EQ2, but it is so faint I need to be in a very quite room with no music playing to even notice it.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #689 of 1,271

Quote:
In short, would anyone consider the e11 the best bang for your buck? I am not looking to spend more than $100 on an amp. 

Yes, I got mine today. Been using it with an iphone4 & ATH-M50 and the sound is much more crisper/fuller. I have my setting on Bass reducer in the iphone EQ + Hi/Hi & Eq 1 on the E11 for EDM and I'm loving it so far. I usually don't use the ip4 eq, but this setting seems to get rid of the resonating bass and makes it much punchier without drowning the mids. I had an e7 and did not seem as powerful as this one. Amazon has it with prime shipping or micca with a free battery and charger.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back