FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Jun 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #586 of 1,271
Sounds better using Yuin PK2s, but still not as good as MX980s unamped.   One thing I am noticing is that at the high gain setting the battery light flashing after a few hrs use. Kinda disappointing you cannot plug it into a USB port to charge it while using it and at full charge mine is only good for a 6-8hrs of usage before you need to charge it again. 

Tbh and do not get me wrong I like the E11 in some ways, but I got more of a WOW factor using the E5 .....    

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #588 of 1,271
I have to retract my previous statement. I got challenged on this statement so gave the E11 with the HD650s another look. Previously I listened to it laptop -> E7 via L7-> E11 -> HD 650 and I found that it just didn't have enough power. When I used a portable setup, ipod classic -> E11 via L3 -> HD650, the E11 had no problems powering the HD650. In fact, it could do at deafening volumes even at low gain. My guess it that my L7 is broken. I would test this theory out right now, but my room is so messy right now that its probably not going to happen until I clean my room or win a bet with my girlfriend and make her clean it.

Then comes the notion of being able to power something and power it where it actually sounds good. It definitely is not the greatest sounding pairing with an HD650, but I have definitely gained some new found respect for this tiny little guy. 

Quote:
They definitely failed when powering my HD650s even on high gain fully charged. But, headfonia did report that it could power his HE-500 so who knowa. Just don't count on it. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #591 of 1,271

Quote:
I just got my Fiio E11 and I now know what ClieOS means by WOWOWOWOW. Props to him for starting this thread.

I wanted to hear how radio sounded on iPod using the E11 with a LOD. Since my IEM was connected to the E11, the display showed 'No Radio Signal'. I connected another IEM into the iPod headphone input and was able to get radio reception. This may seem obvious but it took me a while to figure out.

The cable of the IEM functions as an antenna.

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #592 of 1,271

Quote:
I have to retract my previous statement. I got challenged on this statement so gave the E11 with the HD650s another look. Previously I listened to it laptop -> E7 via L7-> E11 -> HD 650 and I found that it just didn't have enough power. When I used a portable setup, ipod classic -> E11 via L3 -> HD650, the E11 had no problems powering the HD650. In fact, it could do at deafening volumes even at low gain. My guess it that my L7 is broken. I would test this theory out right now, but my room is so messy right now that its probably not going to happen until I clean my room or win a bet with my girlfriend and make her clean it.

Then comes the notion of being able to power something and power it where it actually sounds good. It definitely is not the greatest sounding pairing with an HD650, but I have definitely gained some new found respect for this tiny little guy. 

Yeah mate, 

the E11 has no issues with powering my 650's or 580's. This is my first Fiio product and to say I am very impressed would be an understatement. Definitely going to be my portable amp of choice for more 'rugged and risky' endeavours :)

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #594 of 1,271

Quote:
Q: How does the E11 pair with the re262?

Oh, I bet you'd really like to hear from someone who has the RE262 and several other portable amps for a comparison, right ? Someone who is tempted to buy this E11 for the sheer hell of it ? Someone who is constrained by neither budget nor common sense ?

Er, well I dont know who that wretched chap might be, but I will tell you this. I have been a little underwhelmed by the RE262 from each of my portable amps, particularly the T3 - they didnt seem a whole lot better than the PL50 initially. That was until I plugged them into the E9.

SHAZAM

You want 'WOW' - forget wow and embrace shazam. You want big, bold sound that will rock your world, right ? You want detail, separation and imaging to write home about, right ? You want these IEMs to be very un-IEM like in their staging, and you want to wet your pants when they hit your sweet spot. Oh, I know you want that, Mr DreamThinker - its what we all want, even those of us who live with our aging parents and dont go out on Saturday nights. Seismic, bowel-loosening bass and mids that will flow all over you like chocolate sauce : your joyboy buddies wont be getting that from their tragic Bose gear, will they ? Who cares if you need to wear an adult diaper and stock up on dry biscuits - this will be an aural experience for the ages !

Buy the E9, plug your RE262 into an adapter from the 1/4" port and a decent source into the line-in, then lie back and wait for the magic to happen. I know this forum is about portable amps, and its entirely possible that there are portables which will give you the same kick in the pants that the E9 is capable of, but they wont do it for anything resembling the asking price. Its cheap thrills, no question, but never have thrills been this cheap and yet so eminently cheerful. Even the thought of Monday morning wont wipe the smile from your face. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #595 of 1,271
How about SHAMWOW?

Quote:
Oh, I bet you'd really like to hear from someone who has the RE262 and several other portable amps for a comparison, right ? Someone who is tempted to buy this E11 for the sheer hell of it ? Someone who is constrained by neither budget nor common sense ?

Er, well I dont know who that wretched chap might be, but I will tell you this. I have been a little underwhelmed by the RE262 from each of my portable amps, particularly the T3 - they didnt seem a whole lot better than the PL50 initially. That was until I plugged them into the E9.

SHAZAM

You want 'WOW' - forget wow and embrace shazam

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #596 of 1,271
Haha, not sure about the shazam but RE262 sounds really fine with E11. The synergy is pretty good. Won't beat my 3MOVE or Stepdance but it isn't a fair comparison anyway.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #597 of 1,271
I take your point, ClieOS, but I'm all about UNFAIR comparisons - now that my uHA-120 has finally arrived and is absolutely melting my KSC-75s (!) with those liquid mids, I cant wait to post my comparison with the uHA-4. I've waited far too long to hear that darling of the FOTM set stomped by some real class
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #598 of 1,271
Now that Fiio has dedicated high-power, high-quality portable amp (E11) it would only be logical that next step would be doing the "other half" of E7 better. And by this I mean dedicated, inexpensive DAC + headphone amp for lap-/desktop use with great usability. 

I'm using my E7 only for DAC + amp use, never portable (I have Sansa Clip+ that has good enough headphone out already) - and you don't need DAC in portable amp anyway.

What *I* would do is to throw E7 internals to a smaller chassis and remove battery and display and change digital pot to analog one. That would make really nice product that's what people with dubious laptop headphone outs actually need.

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #599 of 1,271
Quote:
Now that Fiio has dedicated high-power, high-quality portable amp (E11) it would only be logical that next step would be doing the "other half" of E7 better. And by this I mean dedicated, inexpensive DAC + headphone amp for lap-/desktop use with great usability. 

Perhaps not a real miniaturized E7 (on hardware level), but something of similar function to your description is already under development and you will see it in a few months.

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #600 of 1,271

Quote:

Perhaps not a real miniaturized E7 (on hardware level), but something of similar function to your description is already under development and you will see it in a few months.

Ooh! I'm so glad to hear this! :) 

It's nice to see how logically Fiio expands its product catalog. Amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back