FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 31, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #573 of 1,271
Not sure about the b2 
I just gotten mine n here's what i feel(quoted from another forum posted by me) : 

First of all, the build quality is very good as expected from fiio.
The amp is Super light. When i first took it out, i thought the battery is not inside.
It feels only a little heavier compared to my e5 n definitely tons lighter then my cmoy. 
The fuze feels a lot heavier compare to it.

Accessories that came along are pretty standard, a mini usb cable for charging, a 3.5 to 3.5 mini and a elastic band.

My setup :Sansa fuze - Fiio L6 - Fiio E11 - Vsonic GR07

The amp have yet to be burned in.
And the comparison are done with the Fiio E5.

Soundstage feels wider now compare to the E5.
To me the E5 sounds like u are sitting in a small hall about 4-5 rows away from the singer.
While the E11 sounds like in a slightly bigger hall but this time u are sitting about 2-3 rows away from the singer.
The E11 sounds more forward n detailed. Able to hear certain stuffs that i wasnt really able to hear on the E5.
Separation seems "better"/"smoother". On the E5 u can hear the audio moving from right to left, the typical behavior of iems. With the E11 the transition from left to right channel seems smoother and more natural. 
With level 0 bass boost on, the e11 already have more bass compared to the e5.
It's more of the sub bass and my gr07 feels as if they are try to pop themselves out of my ears on certain songs. 

So far this is what my first impression of the e11 are.
Will pair them up with other phones later on.

The improvement is not day and night, however i prefer the e11 over the e5 anytime. 
Overall it sounds smoother and i really like the wider soundstage.

Currently listening with them on my superlux hd660.

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #575 of 1,271
Just got mine and have been charging it for about 2 1/2 hours and the red led has turned off, does that mean it's ready to rock, or does it need to be charged more for the first charge?  Sorry for the lame question, just don't want to degrade the battery since it's the first charge.

Thanks, and thanks to Fiio for making such an awesome product.  I'm amazed how small and light it is too, so wicked.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #577 of 1,271
When the light go offs it means it's fully charged.
There no such thing as it needs to be charge more on first charge for lipos/li-ion.
Even tho clieos mention that we should charge the battery as often as possible, i m kinda against that.
Cause battery do have a limited amount of cycles. Most of the time running the battery till the protection circuit kicks in is fine.
In the e11 cause when the sound comes on n off. Just my 2 cents from my experience with lipo from RC.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #578 of 1,271

Quote:
Cause battery do have a limited amount of cycles. Most of the time running the battery till the protection circuit kicks in is fine.

Cycle is counted as the number of 100% charge and discharge, regardless of how you do it. So a 100% down to 0% in one go is consider as one cycle, and a 100% to 50% usage, charge back to 100% and then use down to 50% is also consider 1 cycle as well.

I don't know whether the voltage will get to low when the protection circuit kicks in because discharging Li-ion to too low a voltage will cause some cells to permanently "die". My guess is it wont. But just don't leave the battery discharged at 0% for too long due to Li-ion's slow, constant discharge.

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #579 of 1,271

Quote:
When the light go offs it means it's fully charged.
There no such thing as it needs to be charge more on first charge for lipos/li-ion.
Even tho clieos mention that we should charge the battery as often as possible, i m kinda against that.
In the e11 cause when the sound comes on n off. Just my 2 cents from my experience with lipo from RC.

Old battery has a 'cycle' issue due to their chemistry and memory effect. But Li-ion battery doesn't really have memory effect so it doesn't actually care about much about cycles as old battery does. Li-ion battery actually hold charge best at around 70%, but I doubt you want to hold only 70% all the time. When I said you should recharge it as often as you can, I don't meant you should always recharge after 5 minutes of use. What I mean is you should  avoid 'deep cycle', that is to discharge close to 3V then recharge back to 4.2V - that wear out battery much faster than, say, recharge from 3.6V. The way for E11 is to charge it after 7~10 hours of use if you are in high power mode, or after 13~15 hours of use if you are in low power mode. That way you should be able to avoid deep cycle but still get your daily dose of amping.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #581 of 1,271
I guess clieos was saying what i m trying to say lol.
I think i phrase it wrongly i normally do not go below 3.5v and i do know that going too low a voltage will the li-ion/lipo.
Will as for the cycle thing i was told since long ago when RC first started using lipo/li-ion before phones n stuffs start using them that they do have a limited cycle and have thus stick to that rule.
Also li-ion/lipo have a shortage lifespan compared to nimh n ni-cad(when handle properly) from my pass experiences.

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #583 of 1,271
Got mine this morning. Charged and used it via the headphone out of my Fuze and it's surprisingly neutral. Just a little on the dry side but it's new. I would think this is more than you could expect at this price. I don't find it heavy sounding at all this way. It didn't improve the Fuze overall but may if I get a line out setup. It did improved my Ipod touch's 3 and 4 line out a bit. It's not going to knock your socks off unless it replaces a poor amp stage. It's not embellishing or enhancing, it's passing signal extremely well but nothing is perfect. This is plenty close enough for the price and size. Like I said, a hair dry but not tonally off or bassy when all the gain and power switches are up. Perhaps extremely subtly warm but that may just be part of the overall picture. The dryness extends to the top but it clearly doesn't lack air or detail and the dryness is being overstated in general by mentioning it. It's not a big deal at all. Has good harmonics and texture, just lacks the very slightest bit of color, so far and I prefer this to too much character which I'm sure is the norm. I expect it to pick up a little color over time and it doesn't need much. Hooked it up to and have it breaking in on some AKG 701s that were laying about and it likes those fine. The bass boost extends too far up the response curve for my tastes but it is well integrated to the overall sound. Cool toy to have about.

Basically, I agree with ClieOS 100% except for maybe the bass boost curve chosen but that's extremely personal.

Some of what these amps sound like will be power supply related. Most will bounce a bit but I suspect this one is quite stable with the fast switching charge pump circuit used. I wonder if it adds slightly to the dryness as a switching supply often does in home kit. It is something that can improve with use.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #584 of 1,271
I just got my Fiio E11 and I now know what ClieOS means by WOWOWOWOW. Props to him for starting this thread.

I wanted to hear how radio sounded on iPod using the E11 with a LOD. Since my IEM was connected to the E11, the display showed 'No Radio Signal'. I connected another IEM into the iPod headphone input and was able to get radio reception. This may seem obvious but it took me a while to figure out.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #585 of 1,271

Quote:
I just got my Fiio E11 and I now know what ClieOS means by WOWOWOWOW. Props to him for starting this thread.

Just out of wild curiosity, can you give us an idea of which other amps you've auditioned prior to this outbreak of WOW ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back