FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 24, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #421 of 1,271
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, or has already been asked before.

I haven't been on head-fi in like 3 years. Anyways, I have some PK1's, and a fiio e5 and have been fairly happy for the 5 or 6 years I've owned them. Should I get an E11? Is it a big enough jump from the E5? I guess that's partly subjective, but it'd be nice to know your opinions. My wallet got a tiny bit fatter and this would be a nice gift to myself.

May 24, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #423 of 1,271
OK, as of last evening, my status has changed to "shipped" and I've received the USPS delivery confirmation number.  Any bets on how long the USPS will take to get it to my house?  It really could be today - being, that it's only a 25 mile trip.  Now, I do have to 2 options - but, one isn't really a good one.  1) Take a sick day and wait for the USPS.  or,  2) Try the "work from home" angle for the day.  However, this weekend, they whacked all of our options for getting in remotely to perform work.  The issue won't be resolved for 3-4 days.

Hmm ... I need to decide.  I guess either way, the can't really get mad at me and hurt my career since I'll be giving notice this next week. 
wink.gif

Then again, they were all nervous yesterday - I was getting dinged for lots of petty stuff - and my work was positive in so many aspects.  I think I work with a bunch of thankless bastages at the moment.  However, it's all going to change ... soon.

May 24, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #424 of 1,271

Quote:
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, or has already been asked before.

I haven't been on head-fi in like 3 years. Anyways, I have some PK1's, and a fiio e5 and have been fairly happy for the 5 or 6 years I've owned them. Should I get an E11? Is it a big enough jump from the E5? I guess that's partly subjective, but it'd be nice to know your opinions. My wallet got a tiny bit fatter and this would be a nice gift to myself.

I guess the question is whether E11 truly worth 2~3 times the money from E5, and the answer is a definitely yes from me.

May 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #426 of 1,271
I will be very interested to know how the Fiio E11 compare with the Headstage Arrow since both use the same opamp but of course at 1/5 of the price I do not expect to be as good but hopefully not too far behind

May 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #431 of 1,271
Awesome!  Mine was processed through the post office this afternoon a few hours ago according to the delivery confirmation number.

For those of you in the U.S. who made their orders through Micca-Store, those orders go through a major regional post office (Merrifield, VA) and not some Po-Dunk post office before getting into a larger regional postal center before getting some traction.  Put it this way, the lights never get turned out in the Merrifield, VA post office.  For those of you who have shipping notifications from Micca, your orders should be arriving quite soon (2-3 days) as they've indicated.  Since I live 25 miles from Merrifield, mine should arrive tomorrow.
wink.gif

May 24, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #432 of 1,271
That's very good to hear. Mine made its way into the postal system as well, according to my tracking number. 

I'm very excited. I've gravitated toward easy-to-drive headphones in the past because of the high cost of good amplifiers. However, found a great deal on the E7+E9 so I took the plunge and am now just getting my feet wet with harder-to-drive cans with the K701s. This will be my first portable amp, so I'm really anxious to see what a difference it makes. Even with my HFI-580 and 225i, I can hear marked improvement running through my E9. I'm hoping the E11 will help me bring some of those sound quality improvements on-the-go. 

I'm glad that there are companies like Fiio that put out quality products at such great values. It helps a newbie like me get my foot in the door without such a huge financial commitment. 

May 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #433 of 1,271

Quote:
Awesome!  Mine was processed through the post office this afternoon a few hours ago according to the delivery confirmation number.

For those of you in the U.S. who made their orders through Micca-Store, those orders go through a major regional post office (Merrifield, VA) and not some Po-Dunk post office before getting into a larger regional postal center before getting some traction.  Put it this way, the lights never get turned out in the Merrifield, VA post office.  For those of you who have shipping notifications from Micca, your orders should be arriving quite soon (2-3 days) as they've indicated.  Since I live 25 miles from Merrifield, mine should arrive tomorrow.
wink.gif

That is good information to know.  Thanks.  I also got my USPS shipping notification today.

May 24, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #434 of 1,271
Someone asked a slightly bizarre question in the Headphones forum - 'Which is better, the E11 or the ZO ?'. I guess they ARE both inexpensive ways to get better sound, but via somewhat different approaches. In the fullness of time, I'm sure someone here will be able to give that lost soul and answer.

May 24, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #435 of 1,271

Quote:

wink.gif

We make it a point to drop off our packages at the Merrifield location because not only is it a regional P&DC, but the post office attached to it stays open until 8pm on weekdays and even opens on Sundays. I think that post office closes exactly one day out of the year, which is Christmas.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back