FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 18, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #316 of 1,271
yeah in the US.. i'll have to keep an eye on micca - they dont seem to have it yet as i can't find it on their website

May 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #319 of 1,271

Quote:
how the e11 compares to the hippo box. from the impressions here the e11 is much better?
or maybe should i ask : how the hippo box compares to the e11??

Hippo Box is not on the same level as E11, it is a good choice if you just want a decent sound and boost the volume though.

May 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #322 of 1,271
Love the review, very thought-out and well-written!  I think you should move the "first impressions" down to the bottom of the post though, the final impressions are all that really matter at this point.

Also, you may be making just a bit too big of a deal out of the battery - it could scare people off thinking it's an issue specific to the E11.  You should put a little more emphasis on the fact this affects anything with a li-ion battery.

May 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #323 of 1,271
Quote:
Love the review, very thought-out and well-written!  I think you should move the "first impressions" down to the bottom of the post though, the final impressions are all that really matter at this point.

Also, you may be making just a bit too big of a deal out of the battery - it could scare people off thinking it's an issue specific to the E11.  You should put a little more emphasis on the fact this affects anything with a li-ion battery.

Good advice and changes made. Thanks.

May 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #324 of 1,271
Wow! I've just finished reading all the 22 pages and now the final review is there too...great timing, haha
biggrin.gif

I was torn between the JDS cMoy an the E11, but now its a bit clearer. I think I'll go with the E11!

Thanks for the review ClieOS!

May 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #325 of 1,271
That was an outstanding review ClieOS!  I completely agree, Fiio really has been a game changer in our illustrious hobby.  Quality audio products for a fraction of the usual cost, truly a recipe for success!

May 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #326 of 1,271
Very nice review. I got the impression from the Headfonia review that the black panels had been changed to plastic, so it's good to hear that they're still aluminium. Fancy metal bits are big sellers for me on 'most anything. Come to think of it, could you do a comment on tactility in general? The feel/weight/heft of the unit, how the switches and headphone jacks feel, how the volume knob action is, etc.
Can't wait for mine to arrive even more now.

May 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #328 of 1,271

Quote:
Very nice review. I got the impression from the Headfonia review that the black panels had been changed to plastic, so it's good to hear that they're still aluminium. Fancy metal bits are big sellers for me on 'most anything. Come to think of it, could you do a comment on tactility in general? The feel/weight/heft of the unit, how the switches and headphone jacks feel, how the volume knob action is, etc.
Can't wait for mine to arrive even more now.

The overall handling is good. The amp itself isn't particularly heavy or overly light. Fuze is actually a little heavier than E11. I really like the small volume knob because it sits inside the plastic and doesn't get turned easily.All the switches feel quite tight too.

Quote:
clieos, can you elaborate more how the e11 compared to jdslabs cmoy with ad8620?

from the brief explanation in your review, i concluded that fiio e11 is slightly better in technicality compared to jdslabs cmoy ad8620?

The thing I don't like OPA2227 the most is its tends to sound a little too 'busy' and lacks a bit texture on the lower end. AD8620 sounds more textured, better layered and without all the 'busyness', that makes it more resolving. cmoyBB with AD8620 is something I would consider to be very close to T3D / E11 in performance. Just like I said the E11 and T3D is on the same level but I prefer E11, I'll say the same applies to cmoyBB with AD8620 as well.

May 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #330 of 1,271
Thanks for the final thoughts! By any chance have you tried the headphone amp with UE 700s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back