FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 13, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #271 of 1,271

Quote:
Aha ! Then you wont mind giving my your impressions with the a-Jays3 !  
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you want to general impression, I already reviewed it here. As for pairing with E11, the result resembles that of DDM. Basically that bass get tighten up and overall speed is improved. I really doesn't like a-JAYS Three slowness much but it is at least more tolerable with E11.

May 13, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #272 of 1,271
Thanks for that - it seems that I will have to work harder to find obscure IEMs that you havent heard - perhaps something from our old friends at Sony Corp   :)

May 13, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #273 of 1,271
do you recommend a transparent amp such as the e11 or one that applies a coloration for analytical IEM's such as the HF5's? I'm tempted to go feet first in and do the whole LOD out and go ahead and carry around a portable amp. 

It seems to me that an amp such as the e11 would be good for analytical headphones/IEM's if the user likes the sound they produce.. 

Or do I not even need an amp with a pair of HF5's? If i'm really not going to see too much of an upgrade, just say so. I'll gladly listen to ya :). Thanks.

May 13, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #274 of 1,271

Quote:
do you recommend a transparent amp such as the e11 or one that applies a coloration for analytical IEM's such as the HF5's? I'm tempted to go feet first in and do the whole LOD out and go ahead and carry around a portable amp. 

It seems to me that an amp such as the e11 would be good for analytical headphones/IEM's if the user likes the sound they produce.. 

Or do I not even need an amp with a pair of HF5's? If i'm really not going to see too much of an upgrade, just say so. I'll gladly listen to ya :). Thanks.

I think analytical sounding IEM (or Ety if we are to be specific here) can sound great with either a warm'ish amp (say the JDS cMoyBB mentioned before) or an transparent amp with a good bass boost function, depends on whether you are going for the best synergy (to achieve the best balance) or the best transparency. E11 will fulfill the later requirement. I haven't listened to HF5 before, But ER4S sounds very good with E11 on bass boost lv2. ER4P is pretty good too, but on a lesser extent.

May 13, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #275 of 1,271

Quote:
I think analytical sounding IEM (or Ety if we are to be specific here) can sound great with either a warm'ish amp (say the JDS cMoyBB mentioned before) or an transparent amp with a good bass boost function, depends on whether you are going for the best synergy (to achieve the best balance) or the best transparency. E11 will fulfill the later requirement. I haven't listened to HF5 before, But ER4S sounds very good with E11 on bass boost lv2. ER4P is pretty good too, but on a lesser extent.

Thanks for the amazingly quick response! I just don't see much of a point in using a colored amp on an analytical IEM.. Seems silly to me, I just really like the analytical sound sig for IEM's.. I'm a modded grado fan as far as fullsize goes.. Perhaps that is why I like something really analytical for my off pair, it gives a whole different listening experience. I'm glad to hear that the E11 will work well for being transparent and even give me a chance to bass boost if i'm feeling it. Looks like I'm definitely going to grab one of these when I bump up my portable rig.

If I'm currently using MC5's, I should worry about buying the HF5's before the e11 and a LOD, right?

May 13, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #276 of 1,271
MC5 is a little far from the usual Ety house sound, so I won't worry about amping till there is something that is more worthy of doing so. Get the HF5 first.

May 13, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #277 of 1,271

Quote:
MC5 is a little far from the usual Ety house sound, so I won't worry about amping till there is something that is more worthy of doing so. Get the HF5 first.

many thanks! What kind of a difference can I expect jumping up to the HF5.. I was really just expecting better range and clarity on the highs and lows..

May 13, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #278 of 1,271
Assuming HF5 is on the same level of ER4P, you can expect better transparency and detail with less warm. Low will probably be roughly the same or less until you amp it.

May 13, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #279 of 1,271

Quote:
Assuming HF5 is on the same level of ER4P, you can expect better transparency and detail with less warm. Low will probably be roughly the same or less until you amp it.

Duh! forgot you haven't had a HF5 and asked it on the wrong thread to boot! ugh.. its almost 5am, I think I have a fair excuse :D. Thanks for your input ClieOS!

May 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #280 of 1,271

Quote:

hmm, was wondering how will it sound with sflo LO + triple.fi... (with e7 it had little more refined texture on bass)

May 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #281 of 1,271

Quote:
hmm, was wondering how will it sound with sflo LO + triple.fi... (with e7 it had little more refined texture on bass)

S:flo2 is one of a few DAP that I won't recommend to use with E7. The reason is S:flo2 line-out voltage is too high for E7 to handle properly and it often result in clipping (amping headphone-out avoid the problem but it doesn't sound quite as good as the line-out). If you don't use E7 as DAC, I'll suggest you try to sell it and get the E11 instead.

May 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #282 of 1,271

Quote:
S:flo2 is one of a few DAP that I won't recommend to use with E7. The reason is S:flo2 line-out voltage is too high for E7 to handle properly and it often result in clipping (amping headphone-out avoid the problem but it doesn't sound quite as good as the line-out). If you don't use E7 as DAC, I'll suggest you try to sell it and get the E11 instead.

thx for quick respond. yeah, that is the reason why i am not using e7 with sflo just with the laptop where it is serving pretty good. So the e11 should benefit from sflo LO quite better, yes?

May 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #283 of 1,271

Quote:
thx for quick respond. yeah, that is the reason why i am not using e7 with sflo just with the laptop where it is serving pretty good. So the e11 should benefit from sflo LO quite better, yes?

For the least, you won't have any clipping issue with E11, which makes it much more useful. Plus the LO does sound better than the HO.

May 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #284 of 1,271

Quote:
Hey ClieOS,
what bout low impedance iems going with the E11?
Like the RE-ZEROs?
How much did it help the RE0s?
Someone compare it to the Mini^3 guys, the high performance version of the Mini^3 is based upon the same AD8397 Opamp, is based on a ground buffered design, with the OPA690 in the ground. I've heard the Mini^3 has very Good SQ. If the Fiio is on the same level, i'd be content enough. What opamp is there in the Fiio E11's ground?

May 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #285 of 1,271
Hi ClieOS,

I heard that the D2+ needs an Impedance adapter or an amp to prevent bass rolloff.
Do you think that the E11 will do the job and I'll gain a deeper bass from the D2+ and Shure SE535 ?
What about the soundstage and treble any improve here (although the se535 is great in that department) ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back