FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Jan 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #466 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No on both fronts - as you may see it is a direct link to FiiO. I wondered myself why they didn't just put up the avi but as a Linux user, I'm not generally fussed too much about exploits on websites (besides, rar is basically a container, I would not be particularly worried about that even on Windows)

sorry dude... as i said above, a friend told me to look out for those...

i'll have to ask him about it again if you're saying that normal videos are just as exploitable...

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #467 of 622
ClieOS, You don't happen to have an uDac and Icon Mobile to compare it to, do you?
jecklinsmile.gif

I really need an USB DAC, the noise floor of my Latitude is unbearable with the FX500.

As for videos being exploitable, well if there is a bug in your player, you can exploit it - that simple. And video players being complicated pieces of software these days, it's almost guaranteed to have a few bugs that could be exploited. But for sure it is not the biggest exploit vector out there.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #468 of 622
I don't have uDAC, but I know the DAC inside Icon Mobile isn't going to be better than the WM8740 in E7.

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #470 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry dude... as i said above, a friend told me to look out for those...

i'll have to ask him about it again if you're saying that normal videos are just as exploitable...

I don't mean to go off topic here (but I am), however considering all that you know is what "a friend" told you, it's ridiculous that you would accuse somebody else of being ignorant or trying to hack others computers. It's clear you don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you should keep it to yourself instead of falsely accusing others of ignorance or malicious intent. I'm sure you were trying to help, but really... use due prudence when making such claims. It would be different if there were a confirmed threat in the link that was posted, but this is not the case.

Back on topic: I'm looking forward to your impression ClieOS. I also may be interested in a group buy.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #472 of 622
+1 for the group buy (though of course I would still wonder if I should have gotten the uDac instead
wink.gif

And JFTR (to avoid having this thread derailed completely), I'm not particularly offended by the Shauntell's accusation. I get accused all kinds of stuff every week (comes with my job) - sometimes behind my back, why I mind more, sometimes to my face which is usually no big deal - so I'm pretty relaxed about such things
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #473 of 622
If there's a group buy I'd be interested

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #474 of 622
I might be in for the E7 bulk depending on the price.

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #477 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be in for the E7 bulk depending on the price.

Agreed. I'm a little short on cash since I just had to replace my broken monitor, but I also really want an E7.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #478 of 622
I hope the volume steps are a little smaller then the E1. With it on my Mage and the high sensitivity i get no hiss but at level 3 its too loud. 2 is too loud on most recordings. and if i wanna listen quietly before bed or something i have to go to the headphone out because the level 1 is even too loud for that.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #479 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by slntdth93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was wondering if theres a 3.5mm Line out for the E7 since ClieOS' initial post says there was one and then a few pages back there is none now

I think line-out will be in a form of dock connector, likely a 3.5mm on a cradle or perhaps from E9. I do hope it will be both, as I do like to see an independent cradle for E7. There was a cradle planned originally for E7, but I am not sure whether it is still on FiiO schedule. Maybe I will ask them next time. I also hope one of the jack could also double as line-out, but I will have to wait till I got my hand on the E7 to confirm how / whether it will work.

Also, as I said the group buy will require Jude's approval first, and most likely in a more formal sponsored thread - it is still very much just-an-idea at this point., so there is nothing to sign up for.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #480 of 622
I'm down for bulk order: if it happens....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back