FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Jan 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #451 of 622
thats what a bunch of people are wondering :p just have to wait for clieos to write a review on them
smily_headphones1.gif
unfortunately patience is not one of my strong suits

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #452 of 622
Looks really nice. I'm not that fond of the appearance but it does look well-made.

ClieOS, can you tell James that it should be "Bass Boost", not "Bass Bost"?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #453 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just found this http://www.fiio.com.cn/images/FiiO%2...ideo%20V00.rar

Great looking device. Too bad it does not have an MP3 player included (seems like an obvious upgrade
wink.gif
. I guess I'll either get this one or the uDac

I wouldn't download that rar file people...

@buz: why the heck are you giving a link with a rar file? Either you're ignorant or you're trying to hack into people's computer...

talked to a friend who has some experience with hacking & a rar file enables you to integrate an exe file so you can basically have access to everything on someone's computer...

be very careful of what you download...

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #454 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@buz: why the heck are you giving a link with a rar file? Either you're ignorant or you're trying to hack into someone's computer...

talked to a friend who has some experience with hacking & a rar file enables you to integrate an exe file so you can basically have access to everything on someone's computer...

It's from the FiiO website, chill out. And if you think exploits are limited to .RARs you're very much mistaken.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #455 of 622
Quote:

@buz: why the heck are you giving a link with a rar file? Either you're ignorant or you're trying to hack into people's computer...

File is hosted on Fiio's site & linked to from the main page. A rar archive is just a container. I wouldn't feel any more or less safe than if it were a raw video file.

That said if someone wants to save everyone some time and upload it to youtube, I'm all for it.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #456 of 622
Nice video, it is thicker than I expected but that is ok. I love the digital menu, also it looks like it it is made very well. If this things sounds good and is bug free I think Fiio is going to make a very strong statement with the E7.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #457 of 622
The video is clean. I downloaded and watched it1 then scanned with AVG, no viruses.

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #459 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's from the FiiO website, chill out. And if you think exploits are limited to .RARs you're very much mistaken.

No, i know rar files are not the only way and i guess if it came directly from the fiio website, it should be fine, but i was told to look out especially for rar or zip files...

apparently you guys seem to know a lot more it
wink_face.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #462 of 622
I thought the E7 was going to have two screens? I'm only seeing one, which makes more sense to me anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know when, but my guess is it will be likely on 2nd quarter this year because of E7's delay.

Also, with permission from FiiO, here is the official E7 user manual.

Here are only the main features:
  1. USB audio decoding and output for PC, functioning as a high quality external USB soundcard*;
  2. Texas Instruments‟ PCM2706 serves as USB receiver. For better sound quality, a Wolfson WM8740 serves as digital-to-analog convertor (DAC), pairing with a high performance operational amplifier from ADI for the DAC circuit;
  3. Build-in headphone amplifier utilizing Texas Instruments‟ OPA2338 and TPA6130A as pre- and power-amp for high performance, good resolution, low distortion, and powerful output;
  4. Standard 3.5mm stereo line-in jack for portable amplification with conventional audio source;
  5. Dual 3.5mm headphone output jack. Convenient design makes it easy to share music between two listeners;
  6. World‟s first portable headphone amplifier with dual colors OLED display;
  7. Easy to use digital volume control function with great precision and channel balance;
  8. Build-in EQ for 3 levels of Bass Boost;
  9. Build-in rechargeable 1050 mAH Li-ion battery for 80 hours of continuous operation**;
  10. Specialized dock for connecting E9*** to experience an even higher performance;
  11. Quality anodized aluminum satin finish case design, small and compact, ideal to be wrapped together with digital audio player;
  12. User selectable USB charging function to help prolong battery lifespan and lower distortion from power supply circuit;
  13. User definable startup volume memory and maximum volume limiter to protect user from hearing damage due to loud volume;
  14. Automatic keylock feature;
  15. User definable sleep timer function and total runtime display****.
[size=x-small]* This model supports driverless plug and play on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista, Windows 7, and various Mac OS.

** Full battery charge via computer USB port after 200 minutes and capable of 80 hours of continuous operation, tested under laboratory condition for evaluative purpose only.

*** E9 is a desktop amplifier with greater output, better performance and an integrated E7 specified dock connector. With the dock, E7 can easily establish a line-out connection with E9 and transform both together into a high performance desktop amp with USB decoding function, capable of PC connection and recharging functions, etc.

**** Total system runtime will accumulate from the first use. It will be reset to zero after either reset button is pressed, reloading default setting, or when the battery depleted.[/size]

Ooh, "dual color" screen as in two tones, not two screens.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #463 of 622
Quote:

No on both fronts - as you may see it is a direct link to FiiO. I wondered myself why they didn't just put up the avi but as a Linux user, I'm not generally fussed too much about exploits on websites (besides, rar is basically a container, I would not be particularly worried about that even on Windows)

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #464 of 622
The E7 sample is currently on its way to me. Also got news that FiiO is trying to get in touch with Jude. If everything goes well there might be a limited number Head-fi bulk order, but obviously it is still too early to confirm anything at this point. We shall wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back