FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Feb 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #481 of 622
Just to show some support, if a group buy is planned, I am 100% in. Let them know. They can get their first batch out to us!!!

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #482 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by avester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know if this is the right place to post this...

So I got Fiio E1, but the maximum volume is just a bit lower than what I get from the iPod headphone socket. (4g and 5g iPod both get the same problems)

When I put the volume too high, it resets to the medium volume it always resets when I put the headphones on for the first time. Also it seems to reset the volume on sound peaks, so I suspect a power problem?

Anyone else have this, or is it "a feature" instead of a flaw... Very annoying as it renders the amp useless when I don't get enough volume out of it.

Oh, and I used Shure SCL-2 with it, so it shouldn't be too much stress on it...
Should I ask for a replacement, or E5 instead if it is a common flaw?

probably wrong place to post this, but quoting original post as this was the only reference i found. Exactly same annoying program, also noted in deal extreme website (DealExtreme: $20.61 Fiio E1 Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier for iPod/iPhone (White), check 2nd review).

Is this normal? I can see we are not the only ones seeing this. Did you return your item? Any tips?

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #483 of 622
Hey everyone, I actually have been looking over this thread for quite awhile and haven't decided to join until I saw the idea for a group buy. I would be very interested in that idea, also depending on whether it may be a little bit cheaper than me buying it myself. ClieOS, thanks for all
of this information you have been giving us.
L3000.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #484 of 622
Man, I was planning a diy dac/amp (gamma1 & ck2III) but with the uDac causing a stir, plus the e7/e9 coming out soon, it's difficult to justify spending $250 building DIY products when stuff like this is so cheap.

I wonder if the fiio e7 will be a significant upgrade in sound compared to something like the iPhone or ZuneHD?

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #485 of 622
as much as i would like a group buy to get it possibly cheaper it would be quite difficult to pull off. fiio isnt a sponsor so they would either need to become a sponsor or get head-direct (only company i know of that sells their product and is a head-fi sponsor here) to do it.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #487 of 622
Don confuse b/w being a sponsor and having a sponsored thread. These are two different things, and you don't need to be/have one to do/have the other others.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #489 of 622
just bought a E1 today should have it middle of next week I'll let everyone know how I like it

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #491 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet now my youtube video is on other sites also.

You mean, you made that video?

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #492 of 622
The video is released by FiiO on their website, kshelton put it on youtube. Anyway, my E7 impression should be ready soon.

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #493 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No I just made it easier for everyone to watch it so everyone didn't have to download it from Fiio to watch it.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #494 of 622
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post
No I just made it easier for everyone to watch it so everyone didn't have to download it from Fiio to watch it.

Well then thank you for uploading
smily_headphones1.gif
I will head over to ClieOs impressions of the E7.

Feb 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #495 of 622
Well I got my E1 and using it now and so far I'm liking it tried on 5.5G ipod and 2G touch works flawlessly as far as the controls go. The only problem if found is I had to remove my switcheasy case ( what a PITA it is to take off ) due to the input is a little too wide, and it didn't surprise me either it has problems with most things when it's on, so I guess it's a reason to buy a new one
smily_headphones1.gif
. as far as sound goes I"ve tried a few different earphones a Denon C551, Auvio earbuds (which have a really good sound for $20 ) and some sony headphones ( which I hate even more now they sounded awful before the E1 and sound worse with it ) and there is quite a noticeable difference in sound quality and can get down right loud, and I'm pretty deaf so that says a lot, I hope the Birthday Bunny will be bringing me my MS1 on Monday so I can revel in the improvements. So what I can tell you is this if you need a very portable solution and can swing a mere $20 then you shouldn't hesitate to pick one of these up, I doubt you will be disappointed for the gains v. the $$. And now I'm just waiting for those E7's to come out because I'm getting one after hearing the E1. I'm not going to bother to post any pic's because I think everyone has seen them by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back