FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Jan 25, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #436 of 622
Well thank you both ClieOS and joker, both of you are very helpful to the community and I hope you know your appreciated. You are both very patient and make this forum a better place.

Back to the subject at hand, those specs look amazing. I really think I am going to hold off on getting an Amp and wait for the E7. I will say it again, the E& is going to look very nice with the OLED screen on my S9. And I can't wait to hear the sound with my HD25-1 II.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #437 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
comm`on anybody will be thrilled to receive new gear to play with.
But if you put economics into scale, the average enthusiast here would have spent close to 2-3k at least on products for their own enjoyment and taking the time out to review the product and share their opinions.

Sure, anyone will be thrilled to receive new gears especially when it is provided freely, but it is not totally free on my part as I do spend time for my review and I do upgrade my own gears as the review evolved. I actually dropped US$160 on an iPod Nano just so I could test out the $25 FiiO E1, and I don't even like or need an iPod in the first place.

If you must know, when I began to review my own IEM back in mid 2008, I already had over US$4K on gears and I am probably already spent way over US$5K by now, that's all my money.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #438 of 622
ClieOS, just out of curiosity could you clear up your relationship with Fiio? I realize you just said you don't get paid for your reviews, etc, but in the past you've seemed to have the inside track on what they're working on and mentioned talking to their product manager I think? Do you get to provide input and feedback on the products they have in development?

No accusations, just genuinely curious. I think it's one the cool things about these Chinese companies (Fiio, iBasso) - they seem really responsive to their customers input.

EDIT: Also, when do we get your impressions of the E7? hmmm?
L3000.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #439 of 622
In short, I have James @ FiiO on my MSN messenger (In fact I have a few other manufacturers on my contact list as well).

It all started a few years back when E3 became a hit on Head-fi. Back then no one really care about ultra portable amp, and I don't think FiiO actually sell that much E3 in China, which was their main market back then. I started to translate / repost news from their forum (also a member there) to our, especially on the E5, which got a lot of interest here. So when they were looking for a few oversea beta testers for E5, James asked for my recommendation. Ever since then we have been in contact. They will ask for my opinion when they have new amp in development because portable headphone amp isn't used to be their core business and they'll like to have an outsider view from a portable headphone user (their core business used to be making accessories for Meizu mp3 player). This is why I tend to know about many detail of the development on E5 as well as E7 before anyone else (I do ask for permission before releasing any info). From time to time I also make suggestion to them about what I think will be a cool product, or relay what I have read on Head-fi. If you hack into my computer right now, you will find drawing and unfinished spec of E9 as well - not that I am in liable to reveal any detail.

I like to see myself as a friend who provide honest opinion, and hopefully others will see me in the same way.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #440 of 622
I have written many reviews here and appreciate your honesty. It is obvious to me you care about our community enough to take the time to post reviews and updates and I appreciate it.

The new Fiio is one of the most anticipated portable amps to come around here. There may be a communications and/or culture barrier sometimes when dealing with a manufacturer and any clear information we can get is helpful.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere."
Conan O'Brien

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #441 of 622
Well, I finally got an E1 today
biggrin.gif
. I finally understand this whole warmth thing. The HO on my iPod is so cold and thin compared to through the E1. I can't wait to see what happens with the E7 - I need a good DAC (my iMac's HO doesn't cut it), and it should be pretty cheap as well, so it won't eat my whole shoestring budget just to get it.

Thanks to ClieOS for the reviews and for keeping us posted - your review of the RE0 was one of the things that led me to buy them, same with the Fiio E1.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #442 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I finally got an E1 today
biggrin.gif
. I finally understand this whole warmth thing. The HO on my iPod is so cold and thin compared to through the E1. I can't wait to see what happens with the E7 - I need a good DAC (my iMac's HO doesn't cut it), and it should be pretty cheap as well, so it won't eat my whole shoestring budget just to get it.

Thanks to ClieOS for the reviews and for keeping us posted - your review of the RE0 was one of the things that led me to buy them, same with the Fiio E1.

How many clicks on the volume do you find yourself listening too? Arent the Reo's pretty sensitive. I know with my Mage and the Fiio i find 2 is plenty loud and too loud on some recordings. And even 1 if im wanting to listen quietly is too loud sometimes. Wish they were smaller steps in volume.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #443 of 622
I use 1/2 clicks for background listening, and when I want to focus on my music maybe 4-5. That's plenty loud for me, but then I don't listen as loudly as others.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #444 of 622
^yeah im with you for sure. Another thing im not too fond of is how it starts at 16 volume all the time. I wish it would just start at 0. Sometimes i forget and unpause it before hand and wow its loud lol. Other then that it really is a great product im enjoying it right now, it really opens up my mage quite a bit.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #445 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^yeah im with you for sure. Another thing im not too fond of is how it starts at 16 volume all the time. I wish it would just start at 0. Sometimes i forget and unpause it before hand and wow its loud lol. Other then that it really is a great product im enjoying it right now, it really opens up my mage quite a bit.

The difference really is surprising for $20.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #446 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The difference really is surprising for $20.
biggrin.gif

Yeah i would have to agree. I was skeptical and didnt figure it would make much of a difference but it does do a great job for the price. Plus the controls on the clicker are pretty convenient.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #448 of 622
Jan 30, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #449 of 622
Thanks for the video link buz!

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #450 of 622
looks SWEET! can't wait to get one. wisher it were a bit thinner, but hey, you can't have everything.
i just wonder how it sounds..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back