FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Sep 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #979 of 1,676
  Could you guys tell me if I could use Fiio E07K with ipod touch 3g as a dac and not just amp?

Yes you can, I got the E3 cable and it acts as a DAC for my ipod touch 2g and my ipod classic. And I am sure it's working as a DAC because the sound is not better or worse but infact a little different. Max I can say is that I feel it becomes a little warmer, and the highs are not that high anymore. ( NOTE: I suck at this sound description thing )

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #980 of 1,676
It does work with at least some of the 30 pin connection Apple devices. My 3rd gen iPad works perfectly with the E07K via USB when connected with the camera connection kit adapter. Seems to be a different story with the new lightning connectors though.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #981 of 1,676
  Yes you can, I got the E3 cable and it acts as a DAC for my ipod touch 2g and my ipod classic. And I am sure it's working as a DAC because the sound is not better or worse but infact a little different. Max I can say is that I feel it becomes a little warmer, and the highs are not that high anymore. ( NOTE: I suck at this sound description thing )

L3 Cable? If so, no you can't.

There is no current sub $300 DAC bypasser. Unless you have a Vmoda, Sony, Cypher Labs, or FOSTEX (or possibly other) device that is around $400. The iPod and iPhone DAC can't be bypassed.

You can bypass an iPad 2G's DAC cheaper and easier, 

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #982 of 1,676
I will back up the fact that the E07K works with the 30 pin connector using camera connection kit. You just have to turn USB charge off on the E07K and it will work. I'm currently using that for my youtube watching/netflix streaming/music listening needs using my 3rd gen Ipad and Senheiser HD 558. I'm currently just using MP3s so I don't have a lossless file to test and hence has not noticed much different. I just need a good 3 days weekend where I can sit down and rip all my CDs again into lossless format. Never knew about this until 2 weeks ago, lol.

I also have the iphone 5 with the new lightning connector and nothing so far has worked with that. I guess the moral of the story is to hang on to your old apple products (or buy the ipod classic with the 30pin). They're as good as gold.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #983 of 1,676
Hi
I am going to get the sennheiser HD 598's and i want to use a FiiO E07k or an E10, my question is first of all is this a good combo? (my first good headphones) and will the E07k perform well if always connected to the PC and used as a desktop DAC/Amp ;long hours of use (will the battery be affected by that). also is the E10 any better than the E07k in sound quality. the thing is that where i live the E07k is only about $15 more than the E10 ($95 & $80) so the portability and analog audio in is a benefit for an acceptable extra. another thing i know this might not be the right thread for but is the beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 ohms any good compared to the HD598's as the 598's are overpriced here (around $300) and i could find the DT990 Pro at a more realistic price. I am willing to spend the money but just to make sure :)
Thanks ,,
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #984 of 1,676
  Hi
I am going to get the sennheiser HD 598's and i want to use a FiiO E07k or an E10, my question is first of all is this a good combo? (my first good headphones) and will the E07k perform well if always connected to the PC and used as a desktop DAC/Amp ;long hours of use (will the battery be affected by that). also is the E10 any better than the E07k in sound quality. the thing is that where i live the E07k is only about $15 more than the E10 ($95 & $80) so the portability and analog audio in is a benefit for an acceptable extra. another thing i know this might not be the right thread for but is the beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 ohms any good compared to the HD598's as the 598's are overpriced here (around $300) and i could find the DT990 Pro at a more realistic price. I am willing to spend the money but just to make sure :)
Thanks ,,
bigsmile_face.gif

Good combo? No idea, but keep posted for any furrther replies. FiiO's are pretty universal though

The battery will be affected, but the amount of use you will get out of it, outlast the cost of replacing the battery after 24/7 usage in 2 years. OR, just buy the E10 or another desktop DAC and amp.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #985 of 1,676
Hi
Thanks ,, :bigsmile_face:  

Hey, I would suggest that you read the HD598 appreciation thread as it will have amp /DAC questions and other users would post experience and recommendations there. That's how I started the search for my 558.

Wish you luck in your search.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #986 of 1,676
Hey, I would suggest that you read the HD598 appreciation thread as it will have amp /DAC questions and other users would post experience and recommendations there. That's how I started the search for my 558.

Wish you luck in your search.

Good combo? No idea, but keep posted for any furrther replies. FiiO's are pretty universal though

The battery will be affected, but the amount of use you will get out of it, outlast the cost of replacing the battery after 24/7 usage in 2 years. OR, just buy the E10 or another desktop DAC and amp.

thanks i appreciate your help :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #987 of 1,676
Panda

I have a Samsung G4 and the E07.  I would like to connect the two with a mini USB (E07)/micro USB cord (S4).  My goal is to use the superior DAC and Amp of the E07 while using the music library of the S4.  There are no stores around here that sells this kind of cord (Mini/Micro).  Would you happen to know if this combination would work with what I want to achieve?  Thank you.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #988 of 1,676
  Panda

I have a Samsung G4 and the E07.  I would like to connect the two with a mini USB (E07)/micro USB cord (S4).  My goal is to use the superior DAC and Amp of the E07 while using the music library of the S4.  There are no stores around here that sells this kind of cord (Mini/Micro).  Would you happen to know if this combination would work with what I want to achieve?  Thank you.

Usually yes, however, if it works or not is not always 100%, if you read around some of the comments of thist hread. Some get it to work, others not, some have bad fake otg cables.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #989 of 1,676
Thank you for the quick response.  I see what you are saying.  I think it is worth a try and I will search for a quality cable.  I will report back in case anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing.   

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #990 of 1,676
  Thank you for the quick response.  I see what you are saying.  I think it is worth a try and I will search for a quality cable.  I will report back in case anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing.   

Ebay and Amazon is where most try to find them. good luck, and good hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back