FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Oct 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,006 of 1,676
Can I leave the E07K connected to my computer all the time as a dedicated AMP/DAC? Wont it be charging and using the battery all the time? How do I get it to just run off USB power?

Yes you can

ANDES shuts off power charge once its battery is full. You can go into the ANDES settings and set USB CHG to off. My E17 how to use video shows how to move around the settings menu. Both the devices screens are almost the same.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,007 of 1,676
Yes you can

ANDES shuts off power charge once its battery is full. You can go into the ANDES settings and set USB CHG to off. My E17 how to use video shows how to move around the settings menu. Both the devices screens are almost the same.

Yes but I notice when I turn off USB CHG it uses battery power instead of USB power? I don't want to use the battery at all. I want this device to run only off USB power.

How do I do this?

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,009 of 1,676
Buy an E10?

You have to use the battery. Just stop worrying.

I had the E10 and it has channel imbalance at low volumes and static while turning the analog volume knob which also contributes to the channel imbalance...I want digital volume control from now on only.

How hard is it for FiiO to add a circuit to run off the USB power? I don't want the battery to degrade by being constantly at full charge and repeatedly being topped off while in use! The ideal situation here is to store the battery at %50 capacity in the device and then make the E07K run off USB power only.

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #1,010 of 1,676

I had the E10 and it has channel imbalance at low volumes and static while turning the analog volume knob which also contributes to the channel imbalance...I want digital volume control from now on only.

How hard is it for FiiO to add a circuit to run off the USB power? I don't want the battery to degrade by being constantly at full charge and repeatedly being topped off while in use! The ideal situation here is to store the battery at %50 capacity in the device and then make the E07K run off USB power only.

There was dirt/impurities between the analog potentiometer on the E10. That's why there was static when turning the knob. IT's a pain to clean out on some units yeah.

This is a portable DAC and Amp. USB potentially may not have enough power to power the E07K.

The battery will always be degraded in use.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,011 of 1,676
  There was dirt/impurities between the analog potentiometer on the E10. That's why there was static when turning the knob. IT's a pain to clean out on some units yeah.

This is a portable DAC and Amp. USB potentially may not have enough power to power the E07K.

The battery will always be degraded in use.

So are you saying the E07K will constantly use battery power when connected over USB? and as the battery drains say %10 it will periodically charge it back to full?

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #1,012 of 1,676

So are you saying the E07K will constantly use battery power when connected over USB? and as the battery drains say %10 it will periodically charge it back to full?

With USB CHG turned off. The E07K will use battery power until it drains to 0% and turn off. At that moment, it will reset its settings (volatile memory loses power and so it goes to default state). Notice a USB cable is plugged in and start charging and will turn on in a minute or two after its gotten enough charge.

With USB CHG turned on. It stops charging once it hits 100%, but once it drops from that, it charges more. 

This is all the functions for the battery in the ANDES.

There is no need to worry about battery. Theoretically, through info known about li-ion batteries, the time it takes to completely deplete a E07K battery (if using battery without charge) and to recharge gives us a number of around 2 years of consecutive charging and depletion before the battery will theoretically be at 50% of its original battery capacity.

You using it as a sole desktop unit is of your choice, and so past 2 years approx(theorteically) if the battery does become more dead. A battery replacement you can buy from FiiO and DIY yourself(or send it back) isn't going to be an issue. Hell, at over two years, most already bought a new device.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #1,013 of 1,676
  With USB CHG turned off. The E07K will use battery power until it drains to 0% and turn off. At that moment, it will reset its settings (volatile memory loses power and so it goes to default state). Notice a USB cable is plugged in and start charging and will turn on in a minute or two after its gotten enough charge.

With USB CHG turned on. It stops charging once it hits 100%, but once it drops from that, it charges more. 

This is all the functions for the battery in the ANDES.

There is no need to worry about battery. Theoretically, through info known about li-ion batteries, the time it takes to completely deplete a E07K battery (if using battery without charge) and to recharge gives us a number of around 2 years of consecutive charging and depletion before the battery will theoretically be at 50% of its original battery capacity.

You using it as a sole desktop unit is of your choice, and so past 2 years approx(theorteically) if the battery does become more dead. A battery replacement you can buy from FiiO and DIY yourself(or send it back) isn't going to be an issue. Hell, at over two years, most already bought a new device.

Fair enough. I just don't understand why It's not possible to disable the battery through the menu and switch to USB power only.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,015 of 1,676
  Power, voltage swing, type of energy etc etc. Electrical Engineering. 

Is it to complicated? would it make the device bigger?

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #1,016 of 1,676
  Is it to complicated? would it make the device bigger?

Rather than complicated, you would need to redesign the entire device.

Batteries, and direct power operate very differently. Some say batteries are more stable and offer a more constant or stable supply of power in some situations and loads as opposed to direct power which would require other parts to regulate the power and its swing.

The 5V and properties of DC generally 500mah supply that USB can offer is very different from the battery so yeah.

Electrical engineering at work here. There is and was a reason.

If you consider that, it is actually better to have a battery in there as it would allow you to potentially use less parts, have higher and better power output. And the replacement costs of the battery after 2-3 years($5-$10 USD) would probably be cheaper than enlarging the device, and having a way to use both battery and USB and then increasing cost. Or pushing out a B.S product 

Keep in mind that the info I have on the electrical engineering aspects of batteries are just what I kinda remember. I'm not a pro on it but the power swing, types of additional add ons to the device and other things dealing with the supply are real. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #1,017 of 1,676
  Rather than complicated, you would need to redesign the entire device.

Batteries, and direct power operate very differently. Some say batteries are more stable and offer a more constant or stable supply of power in some situations and loads as opposed to direct power which would require other parts to regulate the power and its swing.

The 5V and properties of DC generally 500mah supply that USB can offer is very different from the battery so yeah.

Electrical engineering at work here. There is and was a reason.

If you consider that, it is actually better to have a battery in there as it would allow you to potentially use less parts, have higher and better power output. And the replacement costs of the battery after 2-3 years($5-$10 USD) would probably be cheaper than enlarging the device, and having a way to use both battery and USB and then increasing cost. Or pushing out a B.S product 

Keep in mind that the info I have on the electrical engineering aspects of batteries are just what I kinda remember. I'm not a pro on it but the power swing, types of additional add ons to the device and other things dealing with the supply are real. 

Thanks for the insight :)

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1,019 of 1,676
  Hello, I have laptop intel core i3 and realtek onboard sound does it make sense to buy FiiO E07K or ibasso d-zero to improve the sound?

You can try using either MediaMonkey or Foobar2000 free applications for playing music on your PC and see if you like it. If you have high impedance cans or your cans are very low impedance chances are that your laptop can't drive them well and you'd need a headphone amp. What do you use for cans? That's the first line of defense.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #1,020 of 1,676
  You can try using either MediaMonkey or Foobar2000 free applications for playing music on your PC and see if you like it. If you have high impedance cans or your cans are very low impedance chances are that your laptop can't drive them well and you'd need a headphone amp. What do you use for cans? That's the first line of defense.

I ordered sony xba-30. ibasso d zero more portable with smartphone but have 48kHz/16bit, fiio e07k have 96kHz/24-bit is this affect on sound 320kbps and flac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back