FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Nov 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1,036 of 1,676
Hi Guys, I just got my er4pt (with the s adapter) and I have been looking for a portable DAC+Amp and I found E07K to be the solution. But I been wondering if the bundle of accessories contain a mircousb cable to allow me to connect my xperia sp to the E07K? Or would I have to buy it from a 3rd party?

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #1,037 of 1,676
  Hi Guys, I just got my er4pt (with the s adapter) and I have been looking for a portable DAC+Amp and I found E07K to be the solution. But I been wondering if the bundle of accessories contain a mircousb cable to allow me to connect my xperia sp to the E07K? Or would I have to buy it from a 3rd party?

You will need to purchase a 3rd party for that. The E07K comes with a USB cable but that only allows you to connect to your laptop/PC for charging as well as DAC/amp :)

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,039 of 1,676
  Question:

Window 7 > FLAC > Foobar2000 > FiiO E07K > FiiO L7 (LOD) > Schiit Vali > Sennheiser HD-650

Would that setup work well?  I have everything but the Schiit Vali Amp.

Thoughts?

You need a 3.5mm to RCA cable in between the Schiit Vali and L7 LOD

It would work...not sure on how well.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,040 of 1,676
  You need a 3.5mm to RCA cable in between the Schiit Vali and L7 LOD

It would work...not sure on how well.

Oh..  Right... with the 3.5 to RCA... thanks.

Yeah.  Debating what setup to do with my newly purchased HD-650.  I'm afraid to even open up the box as I have no way to drive them currently.

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,042 of 1,676
Need a bit of help....What exactly is the SUB data connection on the Fiio? I am spending a small fortune buying short cables that simply do not work and the cable that came with the device is unlabeled, of course. It is NOT a mini OTG nor a micro OTG cable....

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,043 of 1,676
  Need a bit of help....What exactly is the SUB data connection on the Fiio? I am spending a small fortune buying short cables that simply do not work and the cable that came with the device is unlabeled, of course. It is NOT a mini OTG nor a micro OTG cable....

It's a mini B USB plug.

It's NOT OTG or any of those

Mini B is third from the left.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #1,045 of 1,676
  But I thought the cable out of the phone had to be a micro OTG cable????

I am seriously befuddled here....

I seem to need a micro OTG cable to a mini B USB

Oh that's what you meant

You didn't clarify. I didn't know you wanted phone support.

Its hit and miss for OTG

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #1,046 of 1,676
Just received my Fiio E07k. Bought from amazon. It doesn't seem to work. No audio output.
I tired both USB and AUX, on desktop/laptop/phone. No sound even at max volume. Full charged.
Tried using Shure SE215's on both outputs. Even tried with some 2.1 speakers. Nothing. Drivers and all installed correctly, testing for sound shows signal of volume but absolutely no output from the DAC.

I've already filed a return shipping but I was wondering what are the chances of this being a defect? I was very disappointed since I was anticipating using this so much.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,047 of 1,676
  Just received my Fiio E07k. Bought from amazon. It doesn't seem to work. No audio output.
I tired both USB and AUX, on desktop/laptop/phone. No sound even at max volume. Full charged.
Tried using Shure SE215's on both outputs. Even tried with some 2.1 speakers. Nothing. Drivers and all installed correctly, testing for sound shows signal of volume but absolutely no output from the DAC.

I've already filed a return shipping but I was wondering what are the chances of this being a defect? I was very disappointed since I was anticipating using this so much.

Try the reset switch on the device.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,048 of 1,676
Yes, I've tried that using a led pencil. Held it for a moment and released. I have tried this a few times, as well as following all that mentioned on the first page of this thread.
One small thing I notice is that the LED light is not blue, but rather purple when connected to the computer.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,049 of 1,676
  Yes, I've tried that using a led pencil. Held it for a moment and released. I have tried this a few times, as well as following all that mentioned on the first page of this thread.
One small thing I notice is that the LED light is not blue, but rather purple when connected to the computer.

That just means its charging while on. 

Unplug the ANDES from the computer. Set it to AUX input if it isn't already. Take an iPod and plug a 3.5mm cable between a DAP and the E07K. Plug that cable into AUX input on the bottom of the E07K. And try to play something.

If nothing still plays and you are sure its set corretly, then return to Amazon's seller.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,050 of 1,676
  That just means its charging while on. 

Unplug the ANDES from the computer. Set it to AUX input if it isn't already. Take an iPod and plug a 3.5mm cable between a DAP and the E07K. Plug that cable into AUX input on the bottom of the E07K. And try to play something.

If nothing still plays and you are sure its set corretly, then return to Amazon's seller.

Tried it yet again, unfortunately no output. I'm am completely positive everything *should* be working. This is quite a bummer. Amazon won't do a replacement so the process to get another one would take a while... but I am definitely getting this Fiio E07k model.

Thanks for the quick response bowei!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back