FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Nov 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,051 of 1,676

Tried it yet again, unfortunately no output. I'm am completely positive everything *should* be working. This is quite a bummer. Amazon won't do a replacement so the process to get another one would take a while... but I am definitely getting this Fiio E07k model.

Thanks for the quick response bowei!

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet

Amazon won't do a replacement!? Wut?

The E17 is on sale right now on at Adorama
http://www.adorama.com/FIE17.html?EmailPrice=T

for $89. Adorama is an authorized dealer of fiio btw

It is arugably the better device. The E17 is the current 'flagship' of the gneneral amp/dac section for FiiO. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,052 of 1,676

It is arugably the better device. The E17 is the current 'flagship' of the gneneral amp/dac section for FiiO. 

but I heard there will be a FiiO E17k next year? @.@ 

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,054 of 1,676

Oh! I mean that the process is only refund, meaning I will have to buy it again after. Considering how wild shipments are around this time of the year, and the fact that my amazon prime trial (no more 2-day shipping) just ran out really sucks!

Hm that E17 is a good price...

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #1,056 of 1,676

Oh! I mean that the process is only refund, meaning I will have to buy it again after. Considering how wild shipments are around this time of the year, and the fact that my amazon prime trial (no more 2-day shipping) just ran out really sucks!

Hm that E17 is a good price...

That's a stinker :frowning2:
  I guess we are all too excited about the FiiO two upcoming DAP, X5 and X1! 

The X1 came as quite a surprise. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #1,058 of 1,676
  I'm hoping it will work with E09K.... then I can sell/gift my E07K away to a friend xD but that's not happening :frowning2: so  I guess I will have to get a sub $130-$150 amp to go with the X1!

X1 out to E09K input?

Same stuff really. Doesn't have to always be docked. Not sure if X1 will have line out

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,059 of 1,676
  X1 out to E09K input?

Same stuff really. Doesn't have to always be docked. Not sure if X1 will have line out

The thing is it's really really reallyyyyy hard to get RCA cable here... I tried hunting for one back then.... So I will have to order it online... 

There will be a LO for X1! 

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,060 of 1,676
  The thing is it's really really reallyyyyy hard to get RCA cable here... I tried hunting for one back then.... So I will have to order it online... 

There will be a LO for X1! 

What? 

RCA is such an old standard, especially RCA component and any other one you may need? 

That is really really weird hmmm. Maybe order it along with the X1? (if you do buy one that is)

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,061 of 1,676
  What? 

RCA is such an old standard, especially RCA component and any other one you may need? 

That is really really weird hmmm. Maybe order it along with the X1? (if you do buy one that is)

We are the internet explorer! That is the reason why every weekend, Miri, Malaysia custom is always stuck with traffic... most of weekend xD

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #1,062 of 1,676
Thanks for these reviews here. I have to admit I a bit underwhelmed by the E07. I listening via my MacPro on a pair of Grado SR225's and I am having difficulty telling any major difference between my headphone amp in my desktop Mac and the Fiio. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,063 of 1,676
Macs have great audio components build in. Also, not all headphones react much with more oomph. Some are already happy without amping.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #1,065 of 1,676
Thanks for that input. I knew my Mac sounded better than my little Dell laptop but I guess it really is pretty good. I've been listening for several hours doing direct comparisons and really, other than getting loader than my Mac, I am hard pressed to find differences. So in light of that do you feel it's worth going higher up in price range? I was considering a HiFiMAN - EF2A but am not skeptical of the improvement vs. dollar amount.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back