FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #617 of 1,676
Quote:
ah gotcha.. well the chinese really scored with the fiio thats for sure.. wouldnt really trust the other stuff though.

Many head fi loved brands are Chinese actually. I would say 40%. It's just that while most American audio companies become known on head fi, only the very few become well known on head fi for Chinese ones.

Despite how famous FiiO may seem on here, I am quite surprised it is even more popular in China. I underestimated the headphone audio scene back home.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #618 of 1,676
Quote:
Many head fi loved brands are Chinese actually. I would say 40%. It's just that while most American audio companies become known on head fi, only the very few become well known on head fi for Chinese ones.

Despite how famous FiiO may seem on here, I am quite surprised it is even more popular in China. I underestimated the headphone audio scene back home.

oh youre chinese..
dude i tried to find the fiios on taobao to see if there was a huge price difference but they are being sold for the same price there as in North america which kinda surprised me

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #619 of 1,676
Quote:
oh youre chinese..
dude i tried to find the fiios on taobao to see if there was a huge price difference but they are being sold for the same price there as in North america which kinda surprised me

FiiO uses and highly recommends buying from Authorized dealers, this means that the price really doesn't get that much lower. 

Wait, I don't know. I just realized that FiiO does not post their official polciy on chinese selling for mainland China. They only post a 'where to by' and authorized dealer section for those everywhere but mainland China.

They may do it differently there.

If you want a FiiO in America. Buy form authorized dealer. There are some revisions and some FiiO fakes out that make buying one from amazon or ebay meaning you get the lower revision models. Authorized dealers here for the most part offer free shipping(micca store carries most FiiO units and has free shipping)  and are the same price if not better.

The cheaper ones on ebay are generally lower revision. Lower revision doesn't mean bad or not working, they just had some revisions thats all.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #620 of 1,676
i think ill buy it from a local store.. even if i buy online most places will charge quite a bit for shipping to canada which is where im at. i do see some on ebay but now that u said they might be selling revisions u have scared me off lol

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #621 of 1,676
Quote:
i think ill buy it from a local store.. even if i buy online most places will charge quite a bit for shipping to canada which is where im at. i do see some on ebay but now that u said they might be selling revisions u have scared me off lol

Headphonebar is a popular Canadian FiiO dealer

But yeah, local store works too.

It's not they might be selling revisions. It's that they are probably selling older revisions.

The only fakes are of the cheaper FiiO's. E3 , E5, and E6 only I believe at this moment.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #622 of 1,676
Quote:
Headphonebar is a popular Canadian FiiO dealer

But yeah, local store works too.

It's not they might be selling revisions. It's that they are probably selling older revisions.

The only fakes are of the cheaper FiiO's. E3 , E5, and E6 only I believe at this moment.

oh wow thanks that headphonebar place is actually 15 bucks cheaper than what the guy in my city is selling them at and thats INC shipping for vancover to toronto .. thanks for that u just saved me some cash which i can buy an LOD cable with..

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #623 of 1,676
Quote:
oh wow thanks that headphonebar place is actually 15 bucks cheaper than what the guy in my city is selling them at and thats INC shipping for vancover to toronto .. thanks for that u just saved me some cash which i can buy an LOD cable with..

They are also a FiiO authorized dealer 
biggrin.gif

People think that authorized dealers charge more. That is not always the case. There are times when the product is cheaper, but you are betting DOA, RMA, Warranty, legitimacy, and revisions on those $10 you save.

Most companies have a statement on warranty that requires you to buy from authorized dealer if they are to fix your headphones or device. Keep that in mind. I didn't realize that until after buying a few pairs of headphones and reading some sad stories about bad happenings.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #624 of 1,676
Quote:

My E17 came from the Headphone Bar and they threw in an free L9 and a second L8 cable for me. Great People!
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #626 of 1,676
Alright, I went and bought myself an E07K with the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 80 ohms.
I'm kinda browsing through the options and stumbled upon the gain function: 0 db, 6 db or 12 db.
Is there any difference besides the volume? I read that amps perform well at max power, but does that mean 12 db at 25 volume or 0 db at 40 volume? Does it change the battery life?

The Fiio website and manual haven't been of help.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #627 of 1,676
Gain is when your max volume still can't drive the the headphone , I will suggest you to keep your gain to zero since you are using an 80 ohm headphone , and try to use the volume first
Higher gain will sometime provide better sound as it reveals the details in the song if you are using  hard to drive headphone, battery consumption would be higher with higher gain

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #628 of 1,676
Quote:
Gain is when your max volume still can't drive the the headphone , I will suggest you to keep your gain to zero since you are using an 80 ohm headphone , and try to use the volume first
Higher gain will sometime provide better sound as it reveals the details in the song if you are using  hard to drive headphone, battery consumption would be higher with higher gain

thanks!

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #629 of 1,676
i am getting a digizoid zo2 and an e07k when hooking them both up with my ipod does it go like this

ipod --> L9 ---> fiio e07k --> 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable -->> digizoid z02

or does the ipod connect to the digizoid first then to the fiio amp?

thanks

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #630 of 1,676
Quote:
i am getting a digizoid zo2 and an e07k when hooking them both up with my ipod does it go like this

ipod --> L9 ---> fiio e07k --> 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable -->> digizoid z02

or does the ipod connect to the digizoid first then to the fiio amp?

thanks

Yes you could hook it up that way but why would you want to hook up 2 amps in series like that when one should suffice?
Not only is it cumbersome to carry the 2 amp units but if your settings on the 1st amp is too high you run the risk of overdriving the imput of the 2nd amp which will lead to clipping and distortion and all that bad stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back