FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #632 of 1,676
Quote:
Anyway is fine.

But seriously. No need to do that. Andes has a +10dB bass eq and zo2 also has mega bass. Im a bass head and even that is too much bass

I forgot which thread I was in on this site but one guy was also running his set up like that for maximum bass,. and he said it really makes the bass the best it can be if u 2x amp it like that so , with my limited knowledge i went ahead and bought both the z02 and the andes .. maybe that wasnt such a bright move.. i guess ill try it out and see what its like and if it clips or distorts or doesnt make that much of a difference,. i will sell one of them in the classified section of this site..

from what another guy told me, the andes will serve as cleaning and amping the sound and improving the quality and the z02 will serve as bringing out the bass..

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #633 of 1,676
Quote:
I forgot which thread I was in on this site but one guy was also running his set up like that for maximum bass,. and he said it really makes the bass the best it can be if u 2x amp it like that so , with my limited knowledge i went ahead and bought both the z02 and the andes .. maybe that wasnt such a bright move.. i guess ill try it out and see what its like and if it clips or distorts or doesnt make that much of a difference,. i will sell one of them in the classified section of this site..

from what another guy told me, the andes will serve as cleaning and amping the sound and improving the quality and the z02 will serve as bringing out the bass..

Try it out, and return the one you don't like, or if you like both.......well yeah.

+10 dB on Andes and with the ZO2? is a bit extreme. Very extreme.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #635 of 1,676
Quote:
Doesn't the iPod have EQ settings like the iPhone?
And if so use the EQ to boost the bass before sending it out to the Andes for another +10db bass boost and see how that sounds.

Whatever you guys want. 
rolleyes.gif

Test it out and have some fun.

EQ iTunes to iPhone + E07K  EQ +ZO2 EQ

I hold no responsibility for your testings.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #636 of 1,676
Quote:
Doesn't the iPod have EQ settings like the iPhone?
And if so use the EQ to boost the bass before sending it out to the Andes for another +10db bass boost and see how that sounds.

ipods eq is a JOKE.. the BEST settling, believe it or not, is having the EQ turned OFF..

this is what the user that i first saw double amp with the fiio and the z02 told me how to set it up:

"I'm the double amp proponent and love the sound.  I go from source (iPhone 4 or 5) out via a Fiio LOD connector to my E-11, then into the ZO, which I set to high gain and highest red bass contour, and into my phones.  The E-11 controls the volume.  

Done this way, no clipping or distortion, but you have to do it exactly as I have it laid out.  Trust me, I tried every other possible way and they all were distorted or worse.  You have to use a LOD connector.

The sound depth, bass quality and quantity at low volume levels is what makes this so awesome.  Like a subwoofer in your head......"

so i think the fiio is set flat and just used to control volume and by default it cleans up the sound and improves the quality , the z02 is what improves and boosts the bass..

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #637 of 1,676
Quote:
ipods eq is a JOKE.. the BEST settling, believe it or not, is having the EQ turned OFF..

this is what the user that i first saw double amp with the fiio and the z02 told me how to set it up:

"I'm the double amp proponent and love the sound.  I go from source (iPhone 4 or 5) out via a Fiio LOD connector to my E-11, then into the ZO, which I set to high gain and highest red bass contour, and into my phones.  The E-11 controls the volume.  

Done this way, no clipping or distortion, but you have to do it exactly as I have it laid out.  Trust me, I tried every other possible way and they all were distorted or worse.  You have to use a LOD connector.

The sound depth, bass quality and quantity at low volume levels is what makes this so awesome.  Like a subwoofer in your head......"

so i think the fiio is set flat and just used to control volume and by default it cleans up the sound and improves the quality , the z02 is what improves and boosts the bass..

Something like that. The E11 isn't exactly a clean amp. 

Try it out. It also REALLY depends on the headphones used also. some headphones don't work well with ZO2 and etc etc.

Let us know

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #639 of 1,676
Quote:
Can anyone help me update the firmware on my Andes? I downloaded the update from the Fiio website as a rar file. That's as far as I got. I'm using a Mac too. Thanks.

Firmware update for the E07K Andes... are you sure that's a firmware update you got?
I just checked the Fiio website and the only download I see for the Andes that's a RAR file is a USB Driver for Windows computers... not for MACs.

But as far as helping you on what to do with a RAR file... in order to open up the contents of that RAR file you need to download and install an archiving program like WinRAR for Macs.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #640 of 1,676
Quote:
Something like that. The E11 isn't exactly a clean amp. 

Try it out. It also REALLY depends on the headphones used also. some headphones don't work well with ZO2 and etc etc.

Let us know

Yeah I don't see how that's going to clean up the signal since... in theory, any amplification is just going to raise the noise floor of the source. And so you're going to take that signal and put it yet thru another amp to step up the noise even more?

But hey, that's just theory and what could actully happen is you get a great sounding output signal. Definitely try it and let us know.   

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #641 of 1,676
Quote:
Yeah I don't see how that's going to clean up the signal since... in theory, any amplification is just going to raise the noise floor of the source. And so you're going to take that signal and put it yet thru another amp to step up the noise even more?

But hey, that's just theory and what could actully happen is you get a great sounding output signal. Definitely try it and let us know.   

in my case im using the e70k so the DAC will clean up and improve the sound quality before it goes into the z02..

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #642 of 1,676
Quote:
in my case im using the e70k so the DAC will clean up and improve the sound quality before it goes into the z02..

If your source is your iPod (like you mentioned) then you're using your E70K Andes as an AMP (and not a DAC) since the iPod's output thru the LOD is a low level analog signal (not digital).

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #643 of 1,676
Quote:
If your source is your iPod (like you mentioned) then you're using your E70K Andes as an AMP (and not a DAC) since the iPod's output thru the LOD is a low level analog signal (not digital).

oh i thought the DAC would be activated? is it because of the LOD cable? if i use the headphone jack instead would the DAC be used then?

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #644 of 1,676
Quote:
oh i thought the DAC would be activated? is it because of the LOD cable? if i use the headphone jack instead would the DAC be used then?

You can't INPUT into the headphone jack since that's an OUTPUT only.
The only 2 inputs to the EO7K Andes are the 3.5mm input stereo jack (analog) and the mini-USB port (digital). 
Note that the LOD cable inputs to the EO7K Andes thru it's stereo jack.
So the only time you're using the EO7K Andes as a DAC is when you've got something connected to its mini-USB port. 

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #645 of 1,676
Quote:
You can't INPUT into the headphone jack since that's an OUTPUT only.
The only 2 inputs to the EO7K Andes are the 3.5mm input stereo jack (analog) and the mini-USB port (digital). 
Note that the LOD cable inputs to the EO7K Andes thru it's stereo jack.
So the only time you're using the EO7K Andes as a DAC is when you've got something connected to its mini-USB port. 

oh ok now it makes sense,..

well im sure the andes acting as an amp only will improve the clarity and quality of the sound before it gets to the z02..

so i think it should work out well.. i will let u know,. and if it doesnt and i find i just need either the fiio or the z02, i will sell the one i dont need on this site.. so if any of u guys need one of these amps let me know and i can hook you up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back