FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #601 of 1,676
If I'm listening to any video file or movie via the Fiio E07K, is these a audio synching delay? Cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. Thanks.

With Windows you can define a buffering time, and there's the possibility of setting it up to zero. In Mac I didn't find this option. In any case, I think you always get a small delay in the sound, but I didn't used it yet for movies so I cannot be completely sure. I'll try to test it today and come back with an answer, but initially take it like a “yes" of around 0.5s.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #602 of 1,676
Thanks folks. I should rephrase my question. I have NOT purchased Fiio E07K yet and was waiting on an answer before buying. So my question was is there any audio delay on playback of the video files. It would seem not according to phlashbios. I use a mac and apart from hooking it up to that would be used with my sling player and an iPad listening via my Bose headphones.

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #603 of 1,676
Thanks folks. I should rephrase my question. I have NOT purchased Fiio E07K yet and was waiting on an answer before buying. So my question was is there any audio delay on playback of the video files. It would seem not according to phlashbios. I use a mac and apart from hooking it up to that would be used with my sling player and an iPad listening via my Bose headphones.

As I said, it's probably that you find some. Not a lot, but it might be enough to annoy some people. Let my run my test and we will find out. Just for the record, I sometimes find clipping in my iMac, and I haven't found the issue yet. It happens with my phone sometimes but cleaning the ram solves the problem, while in the iMac... it's probably software related.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #605 of 1,676
Ok, I have been running it in Mac and Windows. Similar results more or less. I noticed some delay with spotify in Mac, while configured in 48kHz. If it was configured in 96kHz, there is no delay, but sometimes a find some clipping, as I said this morning... Pretty weird... And it looks like it comes and goes.

It runs much smoother in Windows though. Maybe it is software related. No major delay in any case.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #607 of 1,676
Heya guys is possible to jailbreak the ipod classic and bypass the internal dac and use the internal of the FiiO e07k?

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #608 of 1,676
straight up question

when using the fiio e07k and fiio e11 connected to a portable device like an ipod touch which fiio amp delivers the best

a) bass (loud, deep, etc.)
b) best quality sound
c) loudest db gain and volume

need to decide which one to purchase.

thanks!

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #609 of 1,676
Quote:
straight up question

when using the fiio e07k and fiio e11 connected to a portable device like an ipod touch which fiio amp delivers the best

a) bass (loud, deep, etc.)
b) best quality sound
c) loudest db gain and volume

need to decide which one to purchase.

thanks!

a) without EQ, E11. With EQ, the E07K has better quality and more head thumping.
b) I prefer E07K Andes to Kilimanjaro
c) The ANDES outputs more mW @ 32 ohms but they both output the same amount of current.

I heavily prefered ANDES to Killimanjaro. The E11 is about on average $35 cheaper than E07K though.

I found the E11 to be a bit too warm without the detail of the E07K. The E07K obviously is also warm and bassy but it is in the end more clear.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #610 of 1,676
Quote:
a) without EQ, E11. With EQ, the E07K has better quality and more head thumping.
b) I prefer E07K Andes to Kilimanjaro
c) The ANDES outputs more mW @ 32 ohms but they both output the same amount of current.

I heavily prefered ANDES to Killimanjaro. The E11 is about on average $35 cheaper than E07K though.

I found the E11 to be a bit too warm without the detail of the E07K. The E07K obviously is also warm and bassy but it is in the end more clear.

so once the andes is properly EQed it will deliver better quality bass and sound over the e11?
and is it possible to bypass the DAC on the andes and just use it as a plain amp?

and ya u are right about the e11 being cheaper,. thats why i was a little on the fence on which one to buy but i guess its worth the extra 40 bucks for the andes since it has better eq functions and more power/gain and bass levels to choose from.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #611 of 1,676
Quote:

so once the andes is properly EQed it will deliver better quality bass and sound over the e11?
and is it possible to bypass the DAC on the andes and just use it as a plain amp?

and ya u are right about the e11 being cheaper,. thats why i was a little on the fence on which one to buy but i guess its worth the extra 40 bucks for the andes since it has better eq functions and more power/gain and bass levels to choose from.

With a possible +10dB gain on the ANDES with its built in EQ. There is definately more quality.

I never did an uber bass, bass off between the two though. The bass without the bass boost is definately more controled and higher quality on the ANDES. But once we start playing with Bass Boost, I wouldn't have thoughts on it.

Yes, you need the FiiO L7 to do that($9). That would be a good add on for if you were going to and from work or travelling. But its not good if you need a fully at home static amp/DAC. Desktop units are made for that. Value of the ANDES is in its portability and function and feature.

Oh gosh why do I always sound like a salesman with this? Anyway, its up to you really, there are other amps like the ZO2 that are famous with their bass(never heard it) so check that out too.

The DAC should be the biggest selling point really if $40 matters. Unless you are only going to use it with an iPod or iPhone.If you just need an amp, look at Cmoy BB and ZO2

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #612 of 1,676
Quote:
With a possible +10dB gain on the ANDES with its built in EQ. There is definately more quality.

I never did an uber bass, bass off between the two though. The bass without the bass boost is definately more controled and higher quality on the ANDES. But once we start playing with Bass Boost, I wouldn't have thoughts on it.

Yes, you need the FiiO L7 to do that($9). That would be a good add on for if you were going to and from work or travelling. But its not good if you need a fully at home static amp/DAC. Desktop units are made for that. Value of the ANDES is in its portability and function and feature.

Oh gosh why do I always sound like a salesman with this? Anyway, its up to you really, there are other amps like the ZO2 that are famous with their bass(never heard it) so check that out too.

The DAC should be the biggest selling point really if $40 matters. Unless you are only going to use it with an iPod or iPhone.If you just need an amp, look at Cmoy BB and ZO2

yes mainly it will be used on an ipod however i heard if you use and fiio amp connected to the zo2 it will deliver the BEST bass, which is what im trying to do..
i dont know too much about the zo2 except its a bass booster.. but I was told thats all its good for.. the zo2 apparently works best when connected to an amp like the fiio
so i guess i will go for the andes and the zo2
and thanks for your help its greatly appreciated..

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #613 of 1,676
Quote:
yes mainly it will be used on an ipod however i heard if you use and fiio amp connected to the zo2 it will deliver the BEST bass, which is what im trying to do..
i dont know too much about the zo2 except its a bass booster.. but I was told thats all its good for.. the zo2 apparently works best when connected to an amp like the fiio
so i guess i will go for the andes and the zo2
and thanks for your help its greatly appreciated..

Well if you read that that works well, find the article and see what they used.

I don't think having two bass boosts is too good of an idea, the ZO2 should suffice already.

Yep

I can't help on Android USB OTG stuff that is generally asked here, but I can help with other stuff unless its E07K Vs ___Chinese Ebay Amp/DAC___

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #614 of 1,676
Quote:
Well if you read that that works well, find the article and see what they used.

I don't think having two bass boosts is too good of an idea, the ZO2 should suffice already.

Yep

I can't help on Android USB OTG stuff that is generally asked here, but I can help with other stuff unless its E07K Vs ___Chinese Ebay Amp/DAC___

might be a dumb question but the the zo2 act as an amp or does it only act as a bass booster?
and isnt the fiio a chinese brand /made amp too?

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #615 of 1,676
Quote:
might be a dumb question but the the zo2 act as an amp or does it only act as a bass booster?
and isnt the fiio a chinese brand /made amp too?

It is both. Amp and Bass booster. 

I was more referring to more unknown thousands of chinese audio products that many want comparisons too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back