FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #467 of 1,676
Really weird, I have two MicroUSB cables, one of which IDK where it came from since I haven't had a microUSB device in a while, but the E07K will only work with one of them. I'm guessing the one it came with, I can't remember which one came with it so I'm just assuming lol. Plugging in one cable with the E07K it won't show up on my computer, plug in the other one and instantly shows up. Kinda weird. 

One is probably just a charge only cable, like the ones with the E11's no data lines just power and ground.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #468 of 1,676
will the e07 have a better DAC compared to the e7? planning to hook it up to an e9. i read before that there were criticisms on the e7's dac when paired with the e9, curious to know if the e07 improved it, thanks in advance :)

also will its DAC be better than e10 or D3? many thanks

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #470 of 1,676
^thanks for the reply, i didnt know the D3 was not exactly for headphone purposes, i was thinking connecting my macbook using toslink to the D3 and then the D3 to the E9. many thanks again  for the info about their DAC

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #472 of 1,676
I received my Fiio E07K today.
It will not turn ON the first time, because the unit's battery was drained totally.
I dont know that Andes units are like this, or are all Fiio amps/dacs like this?
Don't they come precharged?

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #473 of 1,676
Quote:
It will not turn ON the first time, because the unit's battery was drained totally.
I dont know that Andes units are like this, or are all Fiio amps/dacs like this?

Got mine on Monday and it came fully charged.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #475 of 1,676
Hmmm... When I connect the E07K to my computer via USB, am I right to say that both headphones ports will remain as headphone out rather than line-out ports and the aux in port beside the USB port will become useless?

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #476 of 1,676
Quote:
Hmmm... When I connect the E07K to my computer via USB, am I right to say that both headphones ports will remain as headphone out rather than line-out ports and the aux in port beside the USB port will become useless?

Thanks!

your question is confusing.

could you break it down a bit pls.

which port of what are you referring to?

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #477 of 1,676

Usually yes. Charge it up. Keep an eye out so it doesnt exhibit symptoms

Thanks!

. Unlike the alpen. There is no input selector

If you have both usb and aux plugged in. Alpen will choose aux as the main signal and use that. This is so youcan charge and use aux in. You have to pull out aux in to actually get sound over usb.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #478 of 1,676
is the amp getting charge from my sony mp3 player or something when connected and playing?

I kinda don't want it to this

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #479 of 1,676
Quote:
is the amp getting charge from my sony mp3 player or something when connected and playing?

I kinda don't want it to this

Connected how?

But no. It will NOT receive any power in any way shape or form when connected to any thing through 3.5mm input. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #480 of 1,676
Quote:
Connected how?

But no. It will NOT receive any power in any way shape or form when connected to any thing through 3.5mm input. 

sony walkman->L5->E07K

I saw a recharging icon(lightning symbol) on the andes while I was trying it out with the walkman, or does it just mean it is discharging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back